Captain
# 81
02-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Hehe, I collected a bunch of data a while back because I was thinking about making a Galaxy map for a different game(Space Empires 5). I never did, but I learned a lot from researching the topic.

@DF: I was planning to write the Romulan missions as if you were a Romulan impersonating either Feds or KDF (not sure which yet)
That could work - keep in mind that that most people like to play their own faction. In a few of my missions for the KDF I had alot of folks complaining that they were not Klingon, but Gorn... etc and that it did not feel right.
Rihannsu
# 82
02-12-2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
That could work - keep in mind that that most people like to play their own faction. In a few of my missions for the KDF I had alot of folks complaining that they were not Klingon, but Gorn... etc and that it did not feel right.
hehe, well we can't please everyone...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 83
02-12-2013, 11:17 AM
Anyone in game? @P_Sutherland ... shoot me a pm.. want to run some stuff bu you authers to see if it makes sense.
Commander
# 84
02-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Well because I have UFP, it will be played by a UFP member and you lead an investigation that will involve a branch of the UFP... dont wanna spoiler yet but think The Undiscovered Country meets Man On Fire

Had a thought for the Borg Faction, why not have it where you play from the perspective of multiple ships, each map is another ship within the collective and your building up a picture of the events in the region as the collective... like a 3rd person view looking in, perhaps assimilate a missing Strike Group that in another mission "went missing along the Cardassian Border" which triggers a war!?
The prob is getting people to imagine their ship is a Borg Cube!? may have to be clever with the Dialogue, you send the intimidating message and you recieve scared Captains or cursing in return!?
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Captain
# 85
02-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Okay, thanks ricky and darkfrontiers.

You can count me in for the Dominion faction.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Ensign
# 86
02-12-2013, 12:18 PM
While that definately sounds fun to work with from the writing side, I'm not sure how well it would work form the player's side of things. The Borg work best applying the rules of the horror genre to them, keeping them in the shadows and lurking just out of reach.

Ground maps where they're suspect of being present and having ground contacts go missing (along with screams if possible) while the player explores the base looking for a malfunction.

Space maps where they're found amidst the debrie field of a lost task force.

Having a story told through the myriad lense of a small borg fleet would be awesome, I'm just not sure the foundry has the tools for that at the moment.

Could work that into a story where the player captures a borg drone and uses the holodeck to retrieve the drone's memories (thus the player is acting out the drone's recent past)... would also work for accessing the collective through the holodeck, seeing into the mind of the borg that way... of course, that sort of tampering would get the player's ship noticed in a hurry.
Captain
# 87
02-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
hehe, well we can't please everyone...
Hell yeah! I gave up trying to do that a long time ago. One person would complain this is wrong ... I change it ... then the next guy complains that is wrong ... LOL A while later I stopped chasing my tail. Now I just please me.
Survivor of Romulus
# 88
02-12-2013, 12:31 PM
frontiers are you in game atm?
Captain
# 89
02-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Just so thank you all, and give you a clue of what my missions going to be about:

Somewhere in the Dorvan Sector...

"General Qeng, we have an urgent communique from the High Council."

"I have no desire for forked tongues this day. The air is sufficiently stifled with the stench of ..."

The viewport flickers, a menacing Klingon glaring down upon the dimly lit bridge of the Klingon battle bridge, "General Qeng!"

"Nugneh! I'm General Qeng, leader of the House of Maang. Captain of the CharghwI'. To what do I owe this interruption."

"War General Qeng! War!", a look of somewhat puzzlement crossing the scarred visage of the legendary commander of Fleet Wing 327.

"HIja'", the silence on the bridge broken only by the steady drum of the powerful warp reactors, "You are to depart the system immediately. Make all haste for the Bajoran system."

"Deep Space Nine! Have the Council lost their minds!"

"No General Qeng. Not the station. We hunt for a much more worthy prize. The Wormhole itself!"

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 02-12-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Captain
# 90
02-12-2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
frontiers are you in game atm?
Sorry afraid not - work week