Lt. Commander
# 91
02-12-2013, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
So the fleet Ambassador is basically what Fleet Galaxy-R should have been. GG Geko, your effort to make sure the Galaxy-R remains the worst ship in STO is duly noted.
This +1000

Why would anyone get the any of the Galaxy ships now?
Captain
# 92
02-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
till the money stops flowing then a business will change.

by this time it is to late
Captain
# 93
02-12-2013, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdax View Post
This +1000

Because they have an account-wide unlock with the 1-module-fleet-upgrade-per-character-option?

Edit: and yeas, that is the only reason I can currently think of.
Career Officer
# 94
02-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Quote:
This +1000

Not sure why, the Odyssey does the same thing and more than what the Galaxy offers. Only ones who really fly it are hardcore Galaxy-class fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
UPDATE: The Yamaguchi and K'maj will cost FOUR (4) Fleet Modules.

The previously-listed price of FIVE (5) modules was incorrect information, copied from the Fleet Excelsior. (My bad!)

The Dev Blog will be updated as quickly as BranFlakes can get around to it.

My apologies for the incorrect pricing information.
Oh, that makes things better.
Lt. Commander
# 95
02-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Not sure why, the Odyssey does the same thing and more than what the Galaxy offers. Only ones who really fly it are hardcore Galaxy-class fans.
At least the Odyssey is a newer ship. The Galaxy is out classed first by the Excelsior and now the Ambassador both older ships. It's just makes no damn since at all. smdh

Last edited by jamesdax; 02-12-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Career Officer
# 96
02-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
So people don't have the right not to be insulted? lol
Well, no one has rights on a forum. Everyone is bound by term of use agreements. The forum master could ban you for three days for using the letter 'E' too much in a sentence if he decided to make it a term of use violation.

Quote:
That's what these forums are for. You telling people their concerns don't matter is trying to ignore the problem.
Our concerns, in the long run, really don't matter. You could count on one hand the amount of legitiment concerns that have been addressed in the 3 years this game has been live. Still waiting on a complete KDF faction; a concern that has been around for 3 years. Yes, we really do matter, apparently.

Quote:
The real question is if the game is not pay2win, why do all the best ships require microtransactions? (ie the Fleet versions of ships such as the ones in this post)
Well, first you have to make money somehow and there are only but so many clothing items in the Star Trek universe you could sell.

And, atleast with the Ambassador class, the masses wanted a fleet variant. Look back in the forum at around the time the Ambassador was confirmed. A lot of people wanting a fleet variant. In this case, people's concerns were addressed since money could be made off of it.

It all comes down to money. Some may view something as price gouging, but there are always enough people that will buy said product to justify a developer gouging prices even further.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS

Last edited by lordagamemnonb5; 02-12-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Commander
# 97
02-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Details about the Yamaguchi and K'maj classes of Fleet Ships are revealed in this entry of the Season 7 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
For PETE'S SAKE...would it BEHOOVE the Devs to increase the turn to an 8? (matching Excelsior). If we have to pay for (5) Fleet modules), can we AT LEAST get a +1 turn???

For that amount of money, ($25 USD) is that simply asking to much ?????
http://media.photobucket.com/image/dofftrader/yoreantiques/DOFFtrader.gif

Last edited by paragon92518; 02-12-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Career Officer
# 98
02-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Fleet ships are so underwhelming. You pay $20 for the FSMs for 1 console slot and a few more hit/shield points on ONE ship. No special console.

At least Cryptic finally realized how stupidly expensive fleet ships are by giving these 2 an alternate skin (very minor difference, but a move in the right direction) and a universal slot.

Fleet ships still ain't worth $20. All Fleet ships should be 1 FSM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon92518 View Post
For PETE'S SAKE...would it BEHOOVE the Devs to increase the turn to an 8? (matching Excelsior). If we have to pay for (5) Fleet modules), can we AT LEAST get a +1 turn???

For that amount of money, ($25 USD) is that simply asking to much ?????
That was a typo, it's 'only' 4. Still too much.
I agree, the fleet versions of cruisers should have a +1 turn rate too. I might actually use the Regent if it was a bit better at turning.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Last edited by dracounguis; 02-12-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Career Officer
# 99
02-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Quote:
At least the Odyssey is a newer ship. The Galaxy is out classed first buy the Excelsior and now the Ambassador both older ships. It's just makes no damn since at all. smdh
Heh, I know. I told my friends today that if the Ambassador was around at the start, I would've flown it instead of the Sovereign.

So hope Cryptic is going to go back and rethink ships a bit and add more to them to offer more viability. Like the Galaxy having greater power bonuses (due to the larger warp core).
Commander
# 100
02-12-2013, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usscapital View Post
it wont give you a discount due to being a free ship ?

any ways who thought it a good idea of giving the fleet ambassador more hull that the fleet version of the sovi refit/regent ? , sorry but this seems a little odd to me seeing it is an older design . mind you this is cryptic we are talking about they do odd things at times
The Devs need to give the ship a +1 turn or something...NOT an increased hull!
http://media.photobucket.com/image/dofftrader/yoreantiques/DOFFtrader.gif