Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,241
# 91
02-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Just so thank you all, and give you a clue of what my missions going to be about:

Somewhere in the Dorvan Sector...

"General Qeng, we have an urgent communique from the High Council."

"I have no desire for forked tongues this day. The air is sufficiently stifled with the stench of ..."

The viewport flickers, a menacing Klingon glaring down upon the dimly lit bridge of the Klingon battle bridge, "General Qeng!"

"Nugneh! I'm General Qeng, leader of the House of Maang. Captain of the CharghwI'. To what do I owe this interruption."

"War General Qeng! War!", a look of somewhat puzzlement crossing the scarred visage of the legendary commander of Fleet Wing 327.

"HIja'", the silence on the bridge broken only by the steady drum of the powerful warp reactors, "You are to depart the system immediately. Make all haste for the Bajoran system."

"Deep Space Nine! Have the Council lost their minds!"

"No General Qeng. Not the station. We hunt for a much more worthy prize. The Wormhole itself!"
Sounds good. It'll tie in very nicely with the Dominion forces on the other side of the wormhole.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,228
# 92
02-12-2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
Sounds good. It'll tie in very nicely with the Dominion forces on the other side of the wormhole.
I'm hoping, just hoping to re-spark the creative genius of a Second Dominion War .

In my story J'mpok is losing control. He has lost face with the hardliners after the Federation trumped him.

At the moment I see him in a very similar light to a "Mussolini" desperate for his own glorious conquest after the stalemate with the Federation and those trying to undermine him in the Omega Force.

Knowing that the Cardassians will prove little resistance, and convinced that Starfleet are too engaged with the Romulan crisis, J'mpok moves to conquest across the Wormhole into the very heart of the Dominion demoralized by their tactical withdrawal. (I used Hilter's Ardennes Counteroffensive, the last ditch attempt at a major victory as inspiration)

Throughout this epic saga, I want players to think "Oh my ..., I am in the middle of the frigging Dominion War here!"

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 02-12-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,397
# 93
02-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Undine - I can try to make sure that the war begins


Ask'kaar - not sure
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,241
# 94
02-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
I'm hoping, just hoping to re-spark the creative genius of a Second Dominion War .

In my story J'mpok is losing control. He has lost face with the hardliners after the Federation trumped him.

At the moment I see him in a very similar light to a "Mussolini" desperate for his own glorious conquest after the stalemate with the Federation and those trying to undermine him in the Omega Force.

Knowing that the Cardassians will prove little resistance, and convinced that Starfleet are too engaged with the Romulan crisis, J'mpok moves to conquest across the Wormhole into the very heart of the Dominion demoralized by their tactical withdrawal. (I used Hilter's Ardennes Counteroffensive, the last ditch attempt at a major victory as inspiration)

Throughout this epic saga, I want players to think "Oh my ..., I am in the middle of the frigging Dominion War here!"
I don't think that's such a good idea, from a tactical standpoint. Once the Federation cracks down on the Klingons sending huge fleets and supplies and construction ships through the wormhole, J'mpok's forces would be cut off. No tactician would make that hasty attack.

I'd suggest attacking the Cardassians. That way, J'mpok has a foothold in that area of the quadrant, which he can then exploit to pressure the Federation to allow forces through the wormhole.

Alternatively, the Transwarp conduit in the Omega Leonis Sector Block could be "pointed" at the Gamma Quadrant, bypassing the wormhole.

Just some food for thought. I'll still build off of your story idea, if yours is what you want to start off with.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,228
# 95
02-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
I don't think that's such a good idea, from a tactical standpoint. Once the Federation cracks down on the Klingons sending huge fleets and supplies and construction ships through the wormhole, J'mpok's forces would be cut off. No tactician would make that hasty attack.

I'd suggest attacking the Cardassians. That way, J'mpok has a foothold in that area of the quadrant, which he can then exploit to pressure the Federation to allow forces through the wormhole.

Alternatively, the Transwarp conduit in the Omega Leonis Sector Block could be "pointed" at the Gamma Quadrant, bypassing the wormhole.

Just some food for thought. I'll still build off of your story idea, if yours is what you want to start off with.
Think I like yours more
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,228
# 96
02-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
Undine - I can try to make sure that the war begins


Ask'kaar - not sure
I would really like the Ask'kaar involved. They really sound great. I would love to see what you do with them, hence my move towards the Cardassian sector.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,397
# 97
02-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
I would really like the Ask'kaar involved. They really sound great. I would love to see what you do with them, hence my move towards the Cardassian sector.
hmmm if i remember correctly I did put in one of the consoles in mirror wars the Ask'kaar declared war on the dominion in the latest part of the war, when they felt the dominion would invade regardless of whether they were neutral or not, leading the races they later subjecated againts, the dominion abandond the Ask'kaar front and headed for cardassia prime (Ds9 "What we leave behind")

Puzzled over the dominion withdrawel they began claiming worlds, harvesting everything of use then destroying any evidence of them ebing there.
Ensign
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 18
# 98
02-12-2013, 02:01 PM
To the best of my knowledge, the collective has yet to encounter the Dominion, it is only a matter of time before they do, though they do not seem to have done so yet.

The Collective's interest in the Alpha quadrant is still largely based on the fact that they are encountering resistance and that means that the races of the Alpha quadrant have knowledge, biology, and technology which would benifit the collective.

It is a shame that the Borg do not use spies or guile, I can think of many moves for them to make, but those moves are all much more Romulan than Borg.

If events happen in the Gamma quadrant through use of the transwarp conduits, I could easily have a borg patrol run into some Dominion scouts while searching for the source of a transwarp signature they detected in an unexplored region of space.

Fed side: A single small craft makes it through the wormhole and contacts Deep Space 9 fleeing from a strange new aggressor that has attacked their world. The player arrives only to be informed that the Jem'Hadar destroyed the emeny vessel with losses, the player is welcome to stay and help repair the colony if they share information about this "Borg" race. On the colony the player soon finds signs that the Jem'Hadar made a serious mistake, they allowed the Borg to establish a foothold.

That whole idea would need to be coordinated with the Dominion leader naturally.


If events are happening Cardie side, I've already put out an idea for it.

I'd probably make the Borg missions Fed playable as I find the Borg make an excellent foil for the Federation, though I'm not opposed to them being Klingon playable.

Fed side: The player is attempting to get survey the situation with J'mpok's new offensive. They encounter a Klingon distress beacon but cannot find a ship in sight. After tracking down the ship they beam over to search for survivors and render aid, but members of the team start going missing....

Klingon side: One of the warships in the offensive has been badly damaged in glorious battle and beams aboard a derelct Cardassian station for salvage and scrap so that they can get back into the fight, only to find that they aren't the only ones aboard.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,241
# 99
02-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heissenburg View Post
To the best of my knowledge, the collective has yet to encounter the Dominion, it is only a matter of time before they do, though they do not seem to have done so yet.

The Collective's interest in the Alpha quadrant is still largely based on the fact that they are encountering resistance and that means that the races of the Alpha quadrant have knowledge, biology, and technology which would benifit the collective.

It is a shame that the Borg do not use spies or guile, I can think of many moves for them to make, but those moves are all much more Romulan than Borg.

If events happen in the Gamma quadrant through use of the transwarp conduits, I could easily have a borg patrol run into some Dominion scouts while searching for the source of a transwarp signature they detected in an unexplored region of space.

Fed side: A single small craft makes it through the wormhole and contacts Deep Space 9 fleeing from a strange new aggressor that has attacked their world. The player arrives only to be informed that the Jem'Hadar destroyed the emeny vessel with losses, the player is welcome to stay and help repair the colony if they share information about this "Borg" race. On the colony the player soon finds signs that the Jem'Hadar made a serious mistake, they allowed the Borg to establish a foothold.

That whole idea would need to be coordinated with the Dominion leader naturally.


If events are happening Cardie side, I've already put out an idea for it.

I'd probably make the Borg missions Fed playable as I find the Borg make an excellent foil for the Federation, though I'm not opposed to them being Klingon playable.

Fed side: The player is attempting to get survey the situation with J'mpok's new offensive. They encounter a Klingon distress beacon but cannot find a ship in sight. After tracking down the ship they beam over to search for survivors and render aid, but members of the team start going missing....

Klingon side: One of the warships in the offensive has been badly damaged in glorious battle and beams aboard a derelct Cardassian station for salvage and scrap so that they can get back into the fight, only to find that they aren't the only ones aboard.
Canonically, the Dominion hasn't encountered the Borg yet.

However, I can't remember which novel series it is, but one of them depicts the Dominion busy in the Gamma Quadrant, fighting the Borg.

Also, remember, you have to build your story off of Darkfrontiers' storyline. Although your storyline holds promise, Darkfrontier values continuity off of his initial KDF story he posted a couple of posts back.

Quote:
Think I like yours more
Thanks Feel free to tweak as necessary.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Ensign
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 18
# 100
02-12-2013, 02:21 PM
I was basing those ideas off the one he just recently shared.


>J'mpok launches an attack against the wormhole aliens.

Now, If that is the case the Borg wont know about it for a good long time because they haven't encountered the Dominion or the wormhole aliens yet.

>Contribution to the thread: Perhaps he uses the transwarp network to get there.

In this case, it is possible the Borg will notice since Transwarp conduits are Borg technology which the Klingons and Feds have reverse engineered, the Borg might have some way of detecting them from very far off.

> Another suggestion contributing to the thread: The Klingons attack the Cardies first, intending to go for the wormhole later.

In this case, the Borg's involvement would be incidental but still logical as this is a destablized region of the alpha quadrant, a region the Borg are trying to attack as it is and close enough to their foothold on Deferi for there to have been a small taskforce there.


So yeah, I know I'll be building stories off what Dark Frontiers gives us to start with, I was just throwing out the ideas that came to me from what little he gave us to start thinking about.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:54 AM.