Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Captain
# 11
02-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Check the Dilithium Mining Bug thread just a bit further down the front page of this board. It's because you did the New Romulus radiation scan, this breaks the dilithium mining mini game. The only way to clear it is to exit the game, and then sign back in, or to remember to do dilithium mining first, before going to New Romulus. It's been happening since Season 7 was released.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Ah, thank you, I learnt this while in game with a few other players just a little bit after who have done the same, but nevertheless, thanks very much.

If anyone with the powers to be, I would suggest to mention this bug and the solution in the text of the missions so members are aware until fixed, this is the first I've came across this and it was quite a surprise with no warning (from what I remember).

Anyways, able to lock this now.
Career Officer
# 13
02-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Hey, I got a reply to my ticket!

Bad news, they're gonna weasel out of giving me my 2500 Dil buy saying "it may be a good idea to force verify your game files". Yeah, right. It's MY files that are the problem. I see plenty of other people here that say it happened to them. (Hell, there's a fresh new thread by someone else on the forum!) So unless we ALL have bad files...

Whatever happened to customer service where they'd apologize for the issue, say they'd work on fixing it (probably a lie) and then recitifiy your loss? Most companies would gladly do such a minor thing to make a customer happy. They don't even have to give up something REAL, for Christ's Sake! Just some virtual 'items'. I hope this rant costs PWE/Cryptic more than giving me 2500 Dil would have 'cost' them.

I guess our Glorious Chinese Overlords don't give a crap.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Last edited by dracounguis; 02-11-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Career Officer
# 14
02-11-2013, 07:01 PM
Just got my reply to my ticket for the same thing. Let me save you some time. They're gonna suggest that your PC's files are bugged and to try a 'force verify'. Then they'll give you NO reimbursment for your missing your 5000 quota due to THEIR game bug.

AKA, tell you it's not their problem and then shoot you a virtual middle finger. Awesome customer service from PWE/Cryptic

Captain
# 15
02-11-2013, 08:15 PM
Since no one reads the EULA and TOS for these things it's easy to miss. But someone in a different thread posted the bit they have that flatly states "No refunds. Nuh-uh. No way. Forget it."

And consider this: You got a reply. That's like seeing the Loch Ness Monster AND Big Foot on the same day.
# 16
02-12-2013, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
And consider this: You got a reply. That's like seeing the Loch Ness Monster AND Big Foot on the same day.

lol, yeah. so much better to get kicked in the groin than wonder why the kicker didn't show up in the first place.

Career Officer
# 17
02-12-2013, 03:27 PM
i don't equate losing 2500 DL to getting kicked in the groin..... I had a baby calf do it to me on a farm once... definitely not the same thing....

2500 DL / 91 or current exchange rate = 27 cpoints. I'll paypal you 27 cents if you like.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Last edited by phantomeight; 02-12-2013 at 03:30 PM.