Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 541
# 31
02-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
Now this would be fair.

I was surprised when it was made a console.
What surprises me about it is the idea I can bring something the size of a desk into my ship, plug n play, and have it cloak my ship. A cloaking device would absolutely have to be designed into every aspect of the ship even if all the tech were available.

For the DS 9 episode, iirc, the defiant had to be dry docked and completely rebuilt around the cloak.

But mentioning logic in an MMO about Star Trek is more than a bit silly.
Just say no to ARC
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 236
# 32
02-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
Ah hem..

Yes, Give feds cloaks!

The poor babies deserve it.

They have had such a hard time dealing with things lately, and they deserve a good pick me up.

I mean, they get lowsy ships, bad / incomplete story lines, that horrible Blue Hud.. *shivers* I mean.. like BLUE!? Oh the agony.

Come on cryptic, give it all to em. They need it!!!! Wah come on now!

The KDF doesn't deserve to exisit, why dosent the new cloak ready federation just wipe them out? I mean, bah klingons, why would we want something different around? BOo, I want the same stuff on both sides!

I know when I switch from Feds to Klings there wont be any difference other than BLUE or RED but I think thats enough to give a different and unique experience.

( lol )

We should just kill Jmpok, make Worf the head honcho of KDF then in season 9, end the war and integrate KDF into the Federation.

We can all then gain access to all the ships of both factions. That would be nice ain't it?

We would then no longer need nonsensical threads like this

We can call it Season 9: Peace, At Last

Last edited by avarseir; 02-12-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 317
# 33
02-12-2013, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avarseir View Post
We should just kill Jmpok, make Worf the head honcho of KDF then in season 9, end the war and integrate KDF into the Federation.

We can all then gain access to all the ships of both factions. That would be nice ain't it?

We would then no longer need nonsensical threads like this

We can call it Season 9: Peace, At Last
Er.. no thanks. I would rather just limit the Klingon Empire as an ally instead of part of the Federation.

Also, the UFP has some rules when it comes to worlds joining the Federation. (remember that TNG episode with James Cromwell), though they kinda relaxed it after the Dominion War (Insurrection).

The dinner scene from ST6 comes to mind whenever someone proposes the Empire as part of the Federation..

http://vimeo.com/16411531
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 880
# 34
02-13-2013, 03:55 AM
The "Treaty of Algeron" argument is meaningless. The Federation does have and routinely uses cloaks in STO.

Cloaking devices are entirely plug and play in canon. They have been used in numerous ships that have never been designed to use one, particularly in DS9. There is no canon reason why a cloak console couldn't be installed into any ship.

All ships already get a "cloaking device" with the T5 Romulan rep. That you can only use it for 7 seconds at a time is beside the point, all ships can now cloak in STO. And it's actually a Scimitar perfect cloak that let's you use shields and weapons!

The only reason Fed cloak consoles are limited to Defiant and Galaxy-X is those regularly used cloaks on TV. And the reason Klingons don't have cloak consoles to put on ships that don't have built-in cloak is...well I don't have any idea.

It would make perfect sense to put a cloak console in the Romulan rep.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 880
# 35
02-13-2013, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldicephoenix View Post
Er.. no thanks. I would rather just limit the Klingon Empire as an ally instead of part of the Federation.
They wouldn't be a member of the Federation, but as allies they could be a single "faction" in game. As in, you could play all missions with the same toon. You could team Fed and Klingon players outside STF. You could fly all ships regardless of species. And most importantly, people wouldn't complain all the time about one side having better toys or how both sides shouldn't have the same toys.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,357
# 36
02-13-2013, 05:10 AM
Still nothing more I could add to this discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
I haven't seen such whining and ignorance since kindergarten.

*Grabs popcorn*
*Finishes popcorn*
*Calls for pizza delivery*
Looking for a genuine Star Trek experience?
Join the Klingon Empire! It will be glorious!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,766
# 37
02-13-2013, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
The "Treaty of Algeron" argument is meaningless. The Federation does have and routinely uses cloaks in STO.

Cloaking devices are entirely plug and play in canon. They have been used in numerous ships that have never been designed to use one, particularly in DS9. There is no canon reason why a cloak console couldn't be installed into any ship.

All ships already get a "cloaking device" with the T5 Romulan rep. That you can only use it for 7 seconds at a time is beside the point, all ships can now cloak in STO. And it's actually a Scimitar perfect cloak that let's you use shields and weapons!

The only reason Fed cloak consoles are limited to Defiant and Galaxy-X is those regularly used cloaks on TV. And the reason Klingons don't have cloak consoles to put on ships that don't have built-in cloak is...well I don't have any idea.

It would make perfect sense to put a cloak console in the Romulan rep.
It makes no sense to give the feds cloaking and the canon reason why exists in the games own backstory.
The AGT galaxy and Defiant has cloaking because they where grandfathered in before the UFFP said no more would it pursue cloaking. The T5 Romulan rep is a perk only and does not validate a need for an actual cloaking device.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,766
# 38
02-13-2013, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
They wouldn't be a member of the Federation, but as allies they could be a single "faction" in game. As in, you could play all missions with the same toon. You could team Fed and Klingon players outside STF. You could fly all ships regardless of species. And most importantly, people wouldn't complain all the time about one side having better toys or how both sides shouldn't have the same toys.
No. There is no reason for us KDF fans to sell ourselves short just so some petulant feds can fly our factions ships, have cloaks or any of the games content that is for the KDF exclusively.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 873
# 39
02-13-2013, 08:16 AM
Idiots use their T-5 rommy cloak not knowing that I can still see the little power icon hovering above where their ship is. I just follow it with my forward arc and DBB + DHC bitchslap them.

Feds also get access to the Adapted Maco which give them an AoE MES. Also my fed mirror toon runs MES in his Mirror Advanced Escort and I have no problem using that.

Feds can have cloaks and battle cloaks imo... but in order to receive them you'll have to take the hull/shield mod reduction that comes with having a cloak.

We dont want to see Fleet Tactical Escort Retrofits with true battle cloak with 5 BOFF stations and the hull that they have.

If you want something, you have to give something first.

(Knowing fed players, if they finally get access to cloaks and battle cloaks and get hit with the nerf bat by losing hull and BOFF stations in exchange for the cloak, there will be an uproar on the forums about the nerf, always complaining, never happy... silly silly feds).
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 107
# 40
02-13-2013, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
Idiots use their T-5 rommy cloak not knowing that I can still see the little power icon hovering above where their ship is. I just follow it with my forward arc and DBB + DHC bitchslap them.

Feds also get access to the Adapted Maco which give them an AoE MES. Also my fed mirror toon runs MES in his Mirror Advanced Escort and I have no problem using that.

Feds can have cloaks and battle cloaks imo... but in order to receive them you'll have to take the hull/shield mod reduction that comes with having a cloak.

We dont want to see Fleet Tactical Escort Retrofits with true battle cloak with 5 BOFF stations and the hull that they have.

If you want something, you have to give something first.

(Knowing fed players, if they finally get access to cloaks and battle cloaks and get hit with the nerf bat by losing hull and BOFF stations in exchange for the cloak, there will be an uproar on the forums about the nerf, always complaining, never happy... silly silly feds).
Hear hear! Preach it like it is!

Silly feds. Cloaks are for Klinks.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:26 AM.