Career Officer
# 11
02-12-2013, 05:41 PM
I like the mining claims, but I think we need to make sure we understand what we're being given. If you just want dilithium, you'd do better taking your 125 Zen and trading it for Dil on the exchange. I consider them, however, a sort of consolation prize that takes some of the sting out of buying keys. You open a bunch of boxes, maybe you get something good and maybe you don't, but odds are you got some mining claims which can help you earn some of your money back.

Again, I think they're a good addition to the boxes, but don't open Dominion lockboxes just to get them. That would be counterproductive.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-12-2013, 06:04 PM
Current sell Zen rates on exchange are 90 dil per Zen (and dropping... sigh), so 125 x 90 = about 11250 dill

Lockboxes give either Prefered (6) or VIP (9) claims per key, on average I'm earning between 4327 to 5000 per claim, at worst I'm making 25422 on a 6 claim/1 key/125 zen

Really depends on if you can wait to slowly refine it out or not.
Career Officer
# 13
02-12-2013, 08:23 PM
While Cryptic refused to publish tables and odds of items in the lock boxes, I have no such hesitancy.

With the assistance of another forum member, I opened 1,000 Dominion lockboxes when they were first available. You can see the results posted (as a table) in my signature.

The odds my have been tweaked slightly since the box was launched. There were also Lobi Crystals added to the box. You can still get a good sense of what is inside these boxes from looking at my results.
Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes?  Read my posts below.
Lock Boxes: The true value - (thread link)
Jem'Hadar Bug Odds - (thread link)
Galor Creation Rate - (thread link)
Find me in TSW - TSW Chronicle Profile
Captain
# 14
02-13-2013, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave85 View Post
Again, I think they're a good addition to the boxes, but don't open Dominion lockboxes just to get them. That would be counterproductive.
If you're going to delude yourself into thinking you're going to win big, I see it as a far better delusion than the ship.