Lt. Commander
# 1 What happened to "Elite"?
02-09-2013, 05:06 PM
It's been a while since I've played, but I decided to come back earlier this week

Being at end game and running through just about every piece of content there is, I like to spice it up and play on Elite for two reasons: For the challenge and for the loot. So my question is, did the loot get nerfed? In fact, did playing missions on Elite get nerfed period? It doesn't seem as challenging as it used to be, it used to be somewhat of a struggle for me to stay alive in my cruiser unless I was completely specced to be a tank (which I haven't been for quite some time).

As far as loot goes, I just ran through the defera dailies and the most rewarding thing I got was a white plasma mk x dual cannons. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting purples, or even blues that often, but I ran through all of these and not one green item drops? Heck, even the whites haven't been dropping that often, I've mostly been getting engine batteries.

Am I whining or is this a legitimate reason to be disappointed?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
02-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Welcome to Season 7.

Loot did change to accomodate the Omega Reputation, but if you think it's bad now, it was worse at the start when there was no loot at all. At least now when we complete Elite, we get a nice blue or purple loot item.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Coming!
Captain
# 3
02-09-2013, 06:27 PM
I can usually score some very nice hauls (in terms of EC value) doing the Tau Dewa patrol (I just kill groups of Klingon NPCs five times).

I run it on normal just to get through it ASAP, but I can still come away with about 100,000 - 300,000 EC worth of drops. I haven't tried it on Advanced or Elite to see if the drops are better, though.

Did you just run through the Defera dailies once, or have you done a lot of them and other missions? If it's just one day of dailies, it might just be bad luck.
Career Officer
# 4
02-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Welcome to Season 7.

Loot did change to accomodate the Omega Reputation, but if you think it's bad now, it was worse at the start when there was no loot at all. At least now when we complete Elite, we get a nice blue or purple loot item.
Um, the OP wasn't referring to the Elite STFs. They never removed or changed loot drops from regular mission content (Episodes) either before or after Season 7. I too play on Elite for the regular mission content (because on normal, I could let my Cat randomly walk across the keyboard and still win easily ); but overall, from the day the difficulty slider was introduced, I haven't noticed any significant change in the quality of the loot drops as compared to when I team with players running on Normal or Advanced.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
02-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
Um, the OP wasn't referring to the Elite STFs. They never removed or changed loot drops from regular mission content (Episodes) either before or after Season 7. I too play on Elite for the regular mission content (because on normal, I could let my Cat randomly walk across the keyboard and still win easily ); but overall, from the day the difficulty slider was introduced, I haven't noticed any significant change in the quality of the loot drops as compared to when I team with players running on Normal or Advanced.
Oh well, with him mentioning Elite and Defera, can't help but to think of STFs and not Elite difficulty gameplay.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Coming!
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
02-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Whats the tau dewa patrol? And defera dailies?
Captain
# 7
02-12-2013, 09:47 PM
Actually, on the Elite is much harder (to the point of impossibility) and the drops don't improve at all really. :/

On the plus side, I managed to get a purple item to appear in a Tau Dewa Daily on normal!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 8
02-13-2013, 04:07 AM
and here i was thinking somebody might finally stand up and complain about the lack of an Elite option for ALL the new *endgame* content. (like Mine Trap, Vault Ensnared, all the Fleet Mark Missions etc. etc.)

loot in STO always sucked and will continue to suck, because the whole item System is simplistic and limited.
Captain
# 9
02-13-2013, 04:31 AM
Actually, the loot system HAS changed in S7, and this apparently has affected Elite. Previously, Elite would significantly increase the odds of finding blue and purple crap. However, when it was changed so that Captain-level NPCs had a high chance of dropping a thing to compensate for the removal of the STF end-bag, this change seems to have effectively overwritten the Elite bonus, so now you get the same white and green junk everywhere, and Elite doesn't really have a perceptible effect anymore.