Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 341
# 261
02-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ike View Post
Ps. Any Ship Is Op If You Know How To Fly It.
Soooo what you're saying is nobody in STO knows how to fly any other ship than the JHAS?


Although I do agree with the sentiment that people who rely on the JHAS are only hurting themselves by letting the ship do most of the work for them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 105
# 262
02-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomicile View Post
Soooo what you're saying is nobody in STO knows how to fly any other ship than the JHAS?


Although I do agree with the sentiment that people who rely on the JHAS are only hurting themselves by letting the ship do most of the work for them.
If thats how you interpreted what i said, then i feel sad for you. Any body can be good in any ship.

No where in that short snippet did i say YOU CAN ONLY BE GOOD IN THE JEM'HADAR ATTACK SHIP.
Ignorance is bliss.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 85
# 263
02-12-2013, 07:59 PM
Seriously people, stop the nonsense. Bottomline the JHAS is the best escort. If you have one, good. If you do not have one that is good as well. The JHAS can be destroyed in PVP. It is not the Leet of elite ships. PVP is a team event. If you want to be elite then be a team player. May we now move onto other things?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 341
# 264
02-12-2013, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ike View Post
If thats how you interpreted what i said, then i feel sad for you. Any body can be good in any ship.

No where in that short snippet did i say YOU CAN ONLY BE GOOD IN THE JEM'HADAR ATTACK SHIP.
Ignorance is bliss.
My point was there are plenty of good pilots out there in many different ships but noone has ever faced one and said that the Galaxy is OP or the Defiant is OP or that the Raptor is OP, Nebula, etc.

The only ship that anyone ever complained about was the BoP back during the first 2 Seasons because of it's diversity and there was no other ship like it but even then, it still had it's drawbacks and only good pilots unlock their potential and even a good cruiser pilot could kill a stubborn BoP.

The JHAS is training wheels for PvP noobs with big wallets and unlimited EC's from endless PvE grinding. Even those puggers can still be competative, if not effective.

Good Bug pilots in a coordinated premade are both the shield and the spear.


The bug was barely tolerable when only a small handfull of people had it. Since it's twice-reintroduction, they're now littering the battlefield.

Giving more people the opportunity to aquire a JHAS is not a good way to balance PvP, imo.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,997
# 265
02-13-2013, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ike View Post
I think your using some false logic to back up your argument.
Firstly-That fifth tac console means absolutely nothing to your dps...and most "Pilots" will tell you that.
Secondly-If your "almost" bringing down a bug with your bop, then you're either a spike bop or a person that is simply better than that bug pilot. I wouldn't make the assumption that you "almost" killed him in a bug that you'd definitely kill him in any other ship.
Sure the ship gives you an edge, ships in this game are like consoles, even though they may be the same "tier" they have different values of worth to individuals.
But in all honesty i haven't seen a non spike bop take out a good escort pilot in a while... without help at least.
Oh, I DO run a "Spikey" BoP-have to, really, the design isn't really good for sustained fighting while de-cloaked...

but I"m also a Mediocre pilot-I have slow reflexes and poor coordination, take unnecessary risks, often end up hanging outside of support range, and tend to 'luck in' to good equipment combinations because I don't have the patience to grindgrindgrind for the best gear.

Ergo, if I'm killing (or nearly killing) a Jem'bug, it's because the pilot sucks worse than I do-and not a little bit worse, but a whole LOT worse.

Because I can do the math-and the math says I shouldn't be able to take him with the half-assed build I'm running, no keybinds, and shoddy hand-eye-coordination.

as for DPS-I can read the difference between 4 TC on a Hoh'sus and 3 TC on a Fleet Norgh-and it's a LOT of diffference. I don't see how 5 TC can't be as significant as 4, to be honest, esp. running the same weapons and energy types, or similar weapons of the same Mk type, so I don't buy your argument that a 5th Tac Console isn't a factor in DPS-because I can READ (and fairly fast-the scrolling numbers aren't hard to keep track of and there's always going back over the logs after...)

So...If I'm in a Fleet Norgh (which, at present, my main IS), and I'm up against a Jem'bug (which was the case the other night), I have a pretty good bet that he's going to be doing more damage than I am with every volley, and I know for a fact he's got more guns to volley WITH than I do.

7 weapons vs. 6, same turn rate (assuming we're not both running systems that boost turn rate), Higher base shield, higher base hull, more tac consoles and a higher impulse mod.

Both running spike layouts it comes down to which of us can keep the other guy in front of their guns while the buffs are going-and he's not having to devote as much of his BOFF stations to mere survival as I do, since his base defense is higher(at all times, unless he's doing something wrong), while I only get enough 'spike' to hurt him for about 5 seconds while I'm de-cloaking (5 seconds where I have NO shields, btw).

which is NOT enough time to take him out, given my sludgy reflexes. If I'm beating this guy in a Bugship, it's because he isn't any good, not because I (snicker) am.

'cause I'm not-I've SEEN good in a BoP, I ain't it.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

Look into Vanilla PvP if you're tired of the endless pursuit of grind, utterly unbalanced selections of geardo-inspired traits, and generally unbalanced and careless 'development' made mostly to turn this game into a second job.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 114
# 266
02-13-2013, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumoftheblack View Post
Seriously people, stop the nonsense. Bottomline the JHAS is the best escort. If you have one, good. If you do not have one that is good as well. The JHAS can be destroyed in PVP. It is not the Leet of elite ships. PVP is a team event. If you want to be elite then be a team player. May we now move onto other things?


exactly its not some God mode ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 114
# 267
02-13-2013, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomicile View Post
My point was there are plenty of good pilots out there in many different ships but noone has ever faced one and said that the Galaxy is OP or the Defiant is OP or that the Raptor is OP, Nebula, etc.

The only ship that anyone ever complained about was the BoP back during the first 2 Seasons because of it's diversity and there was no other ship like it but even then, it still had it's drawbacks and only good pilots unlock their potential and even a good cruiser pilot could kill a stubborn BoP.

The JHAS is training wheels for PvP noobs with big wallets and unlimited EC's from endless PvE grinding. Even those puggers can still be competative, if not effective.

Good Bug pilots in a coordinated premade are both the shield and the spear.


The bug was barely tolerable when only a small handfull of people had it. Since it's twice-reintroduction, they're now littering the battlefield.

Giving more people the opportunity to aquire a JHAS is not a good way to balance PvP, imo.



Let me get this straight, basically your saying in so many words that if someone in a bug gets killed their a noob right?
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 959
# 268
02-13-2013, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ike View Post
Ps. Any Ship Is Op If You Know How To Fly It.
Total BS. Fly a Galaxy, then.
_________________________________________________
[Kluless][Kold][Steel Heels][Snagtooth]
[Louis Cipher][Outta Gum][Thysa Kymbo][Spanner][Frakk]
[D'Mented][D'Licious]
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 158
# 269
02-13-2013, 10:53 AM
All you have to do is target, and kill the players flying the Jem'Hadar bug ships in PVP. Once they retreat or are destroyed, then switch your focus to someone else until they come back into play. They're the best escorts in the game, and need to be killed quickly or forced to retreat. Do this along with staying close together within range, and heal each other, and you'll do much better.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 194
# 270
02-14-2013, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
Total BS. Fly a Galaxy, then.
as a longtime galaxy fan i have to agree not every ship can be made op
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:10 AM.