Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Commander
I do understand the Klingon focus for the KDF, but I do wish we'd get more exposer to the None Klingon cultures/Species of the Empire.

It would be nice to have a FE exploring the other species the Orions, Gorn, Ferasans, Letheans, Nausicaans, Trill and how they fit within the Empire.

Right now the Doff assignment chain is almost the only info we have on the Ferasans for example. How and why are they joining the Empire.

Have the Letheans proven thier worthy of joining the Empire as full citizens yet?

Is the Orion Sydicate manipulating the high council? And how does the Orion Sydicate function in practical terms. I mean its a criminal originization that some how became the governing institution of an entire species. How does it provide social services, build new cities of Ter'jas Mor, and the like, yet act like the secret criminal oraganization. The Syndicate seems more like Privateers then Pirates. I mean when you make the laws its hard to be criminals, unless you break your own rules.

I also wish to learn more about the Gorn Castes, which seem as much biology based as social.

What's the back story for the Trill Colony?

I want to know why the Ferasans have joined the Empire and a deeper look into thier joint history with the Caitians.

It'd be nice to explore the history, mythologies, customes, atanomy, and heroes of these species.

I do remember hearing something about the Gorn Homeworld and a visit by the Voth.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2013, 09:13 PM
It's not the Klingon/Gorn/Orion/Nausican/Lethean/Trill alliance, it's the Klingon Empire! Adapt, p'taq!

"We are the Klingons. Your technological and biological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile. All your base are belong to us."

Seriously though, I do agree. I chose to play as a Klingon when I went redside because I suspected that the other races would feel somewhat out of place in the Empire, and man, I'm glad I did. I sympathize with players from other races. How in the world do you rationalize kicking in the gates of Grethor as a scantily-clad Orion?
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
02-13-2013, 06:25 AM
What Klingon focus to the KDF? I'm sure you ment the Federation focus to the KDF!

Jokes aside, I hear you 100%. First of all, there should be more content, period. Then the allied races to the KDF should be more represented. There is an immerse potential here, that has not been tapped in yet. Hell, a several FE could be created by trying to explain the path of Orions/Nausicaans/Letheans etc. to the Klingon Empire.

I also agree that some slight adjustments would be nice. Like the previous post mentioning an Orion girl walking into Gte'thor. There should be some option that the game recognizes your race and changes the interaction/mission/outcome based on that. Something like when you pet a Tribble with your Klingon it screams, but when I pet it with my Ferasan it purrs.
Commander
# 4
02-13-2013, 07:02 AM
When I saw that bit that says "Melani D'ian, leader of the Orion Syndicate, signs an alliance with J'mpok and the Klingon Empire. As a gift she sends 1,500 women to be servants to the Klingon Great Houses", my first thought was "riiight... so the Orions are now running Qo'nos?!" OK, so everyone's presumably wise to the Orion slave girls by this time, but all the same... and faced with a scantily clad girl, is your average Klingon going to waste time trying to work out what her agenda is? :-)

From the Federation side, I seem to run into more Orion enemies than Klingon ones, if anything. So giving the Orions a bit more airtime on the KDF side would make sense, surely? They've potentially got at least as good a premise as the Klingons. I'm as puzzled as Lordgyor about exactly how an entire nation of pirates would work, but it would be fun to find out.
Commander
# 5
02-13-2013, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat140 View Post
OK, so everyone's presumably wise to the Orion slave girls by this time, but all the same... and faced with a scantily clad girl, is your average Klingon going to waste time trying to work out what her agenda is? :-)
Makes no sense as to why any male Klingon, average or not, would want to sully his bloodline and honor by having dalliances with slaves that are well beneath his social status and standing.

Their agenda better be to fetch more bloodwine!
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
02-13-2013, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by user839020189287 View Post
Makes no sense as to why any male Klingon, average or not, would want to sully his bloodline and honor by having dalliances with slaves that are well beneath his social status and standing.

Yes, but at the same time if that Klingon's gene pool has not been mixed with Vulcans in his family's previous lineage, the Orion pheromones would probably have him thinking he's a Targ.
Captain
# 7
02-13-2013, 09:08 AM
A creative idea about fun new ways to expand this game's story. However, this idea would require their development team to do work that it's spent 3 years making up excuses for why they couldn't do such work. I doubt they have the ability to even think about adding depth to the Klingons, let alone the Gorn or Orions or Letheans.

Other multi-faction MMORPGs kind of add in this type of story and flavor at launch time and perpetuate the differences between the races as part of the overall story telling. But not Cryptic. Nope, they claim that 12% or 16% of their players aren't worth the time or money.

Even though the amount of Vulcan fans probably hits in at the same percentages. And Catian fans. And android fans. And Tellarite fans. And so on and so forth.
Empire Veteran
# 8
02-13-2013, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by user839020189287 View Post

They where gifts given to the major houses in celebration of the KDF and Orion syndicate Lliance.
You do with your gift as you see fit.

As to more focus on the non-klingon races of the KDF faction, I like it as long as it adds to the faction as a whole and makes it richer in story.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 9
02-13-2013, 02:21 PM
All of the playable races should have some sort of homeworld, station, or other facility we can visit for lore and glory. This is an even more glaring omission when you venture out into space and find not the myriad of populaces often seen in Star Trek but mysteriously dead planets teeming with loitering, hostile aliens. Clearly the Devs are guilty of genocide.
All cloaks should be canon.
Captain
# 10
02-13-2013, 05:28 PM
The Orions do not have home planet of thier own as they share other worlds with them.The Gorn are close to the Romlan space.

What you are suggesting doesn't happen on the Fed side.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers