Ensign
# 1 NPC Costumes
02-12-2013, 10:48 PM
I'm running into an issue with NPC costumes in the foundry, where either the mesh is wrong or color palette on the costume texture is very jumbled and almost pixellated. At first I thought it was because I didn't own a specific costume, but it doesn't work, even on costumes that I know I own. Heck, it doesn't even work right when loading the pre-made characters. For example, when I load Deferi Diplomat, she is wearing the Borg Queen's top.
Rihannsu
# 2
02-13-2013, 05:34 AM
got pics?

this sounds interesting.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 3
02-13-2013, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by julisong View Post
I'm running into an issue with NPC costumes in the foundry, where either the mesh is wrong or color palette on the costume texture is very jumbled and almost pixellated. At first I thought it was because I didn't own a specific costume, but it doesn't work, even on costumes that I know I own. Heck, it doesn't even work right when loading the pre-made characters. For example, when I load Deferi Diplomat, she is wearing the Borg Queen's top.
OK, I just ran a check and this is a bug with the Import costume function. Both the Import and Export costume functions are wonky and should be considered in a "Use at your own risk." state currently. I'll make sure this particular issue is on the list to get fixed.

Last edited by crypticfrost; 02-13-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
02-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Part of the problem is that not all costumes from the game are hooked up for the Foundry. So if you save a ground costume with, say, the Section 31 costume, and then load it in the Foundry, the system will change it to something that is hooked up. (The customization menu will list it as if it is there, but it's lying to you.)
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Republic Veteran
# 5
02-13-2013, 11:16 AM
After importing a costume I actually saw costume listings in the drop down menus for 22nd Century Romulan uniforms and Enterprise Era MACO Uniforms, they don't work if you select them though.
Commander
# 6
02-13-2013, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
OK, I just ran a check and this is with the Import costume function. Both the Import and Export costume functions are wonky and should be considered in a "Use at your own risk." state currently. I'll make sure this particular issue is on the list to get fixed.
This famed "list" must be several miles long by now :p
STOWiki admin.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 7
02-13-2013, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagasensei View Post
This famed "list" must be several miles long by now :p
I'll be honest with you, it's not short and there are issues that have been there for a good while. The worst of these issues require programmer attention to fix. The problem with that is two-fold. 1) Anything that requires a programmer to fix takes time. 2) Programmer time is at a premium. We have a limited number of programmers available and their services are in high demand. Even with most of them putting in extra hours to try and meet demand, there's still a finite pool of time available. As such, it falls to the folks in charge to decide where that limited time is best spent. It then falls to folks like myself and Zero to remind the powers that be that these Foundry issues exist and try to get some of that limited time spent on them.

As I've said before, the wheel may turn slowly but it does turn, even if some of us have to get out and push.
Rihannsu
# 8
02-13-2013, 11:59 AM
Quote:
I still wanna see it.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 9
02-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Quote:
I'll be honest with you, it's not short and there are issues that have been there for a good while.

[...]

As I've said before, the wheel may turn slowly but it does turn, even if some of us have to get out and push.
You know what? I appreciate this kind of honesty.

I mean, we all know the game isn't perfect and that you guys are doing your utmost within and slightly beyond your resources. Just coming out here and giving us an honest glimpse behind the scenes gives me, and I suspect some others here too, a better feeling than a simple Soon(tm) or terse "We're working on it - end of message". Thanks for that.

Having said that, it'd be a nice update for the foundry, that I expect will allow for even more awesomeness
Captain
# 10
02-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Quote:
I'll be honest with you, it's not short and there are issues that have been there for a good while. The worst of these issues require programmer attention to fix. The problem with that is two-fold. 1) Anything that requires a programmer to fix takes time. 2) Programmer time is at a premium. We have a limited number of programmers available and their services are in high demand. Even with most of them putting in extra hours to try and meet demand, there's still a finite pool of time available. As such, it falls to the folks in charge to decide where that limited time is best spent. It then falls to folks like myself and Zero to remind the powers that be that these Foundry issues exist and try to get some of that limited time spent on them.

Thanks for the honest answer.