Commander
# 171
02-13-2013, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I use paint when chopping together pics...
Same, pateince is the key! lol
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Survivor of Romulus
# 172
02-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Flakes!!!!

will the tholian bridge (ground interior map) be added to the foundry before the 27th?
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 173
02-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
Flakes!!!!

will the tholian bridge (ground interior map) be added to the foundry before the 27th?
I don't believe so.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Survivor of Romulus
# 174
02-13-2013, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I don't believe so.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Plan B it is then.

Danke,

Another question thats quickly popped up...

When will the omega/maco and KHG outfits become active in the foundry?

Last edited by thay8472; 02-13-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Commander
# 175
02-13-2013, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
Plan B it is then.

Danke,

Another question thats quickly popped up...

When will the omega/maco and KHG outfits become active in the foundry?
Not soon enough!?
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Commander
# 176
02-14-2013, 10:01 AM
I just had a bit of a PSYCHE moment in another thread, thought I would share here given it's relevance;

Quote:
Hmm... ST, especially TOS, had several references to races tha had imigrated to the milky Way from Andromeda. On of the (non canon) computer games had the idea that the Tholians were one of those races.

But... The Tholians have always been monkeying with stuff like that. Seriously, the FIRST episode with the Tholians had them experimenting with rifts between universes.
I always liked that back-story for the Tholians, plus what if the Tholians dont have the ability to invent!? or in that matter to re-produce? That is why they have such a fasination in harnessing technology...from the future, from alternate realitys, etc. Plus why they are so aggressive over their territory, in reality their not unlike humans in their nature but they have had to produce this image to others to defend themselves.
A good example is the first episode (Tholian Web), they could of blown the Enterprise out of the stars but they gave them a chance to rescue their Captain despite the strange excuse Spock gave about a disappearing ship.
Plus, what if the Doomsday Machine was originally programmed to hunt down the Tholian run-aways but malfunctioned?
And how many other Galaxys have been seeded by Tholians?
And who/what were they escaping?

IDEA: What if the Iconians escaped by using a gate to the Tholian Home Galaxy and enslaved them, but they rose up and escaped the Iconians in all directions seeding many Galaxies. Then when 'our' Tholians learn of the returning Iconians their thinking "uh oh, best start putting plans into motion and find a way to escape', hence their sudden hunt for Iconian Technology!
Thats why they want the Alpha-Powers to be at peace, to be decent cannon-foder! And why they lost the ability to be creative, because the Iconians removed it to prevent them being a threat!?
Perhaps in one of our storys we find a wrecked Tholian ship with an Iconian Data Rod, on it is a statement of parly with the Tholians, because the Iconians have already wiped out every other Tholian in every neighboring Galaxy!

Survivor of Romulus
# 177
02-14-2013, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
I just had a bit of a PSYCHE moment in another thread, thought I would share here given it's relevance;

I always liked that back-story for the Tholians, plus what if the Tholians dont have the ability to invent!? or in that matter to re-produce? That is why they have such a fasination in harnessing technology...from the future, from alternate realitys, etc. Plus why they are so aggressive over their territory, in reality their not unlike humans in their nature but they have had to produce this image to others to defend themselves.
A good example is the first episode (Tholian Web), they could of blown the Enterprise out of the stars but they gave them a chance to rescue their Captain despite the strange excuse Spock gave about a disappearing ship.
Plus, what if the Doomsday Machine was originally programmed to hunt down the Tholian run-aways but malfunctioned?
And how many other Galaxys have been seeded by Tholians?
And who/what were they escaping?

IDEA: What if the Iconians escaped by using a gate to the Tholian Home Galaxy and enslaved them, but they rose up and escaped the Iconians in all directions seeding many Galaxies. Then when 'our' Tholians learn of the returning Iconians their thinking "uh oh, best start putting plans into motion and find a way to escape', hence their sudden hunt for Iconian Technology!
Thats why they want the Alpha-Powers to be at peace, to be decent cannon-foder! And why they lost the ability to be creative, because the Iconians removed it to prevent them being a threat!?

Perhaps in one of our storys we find a wrecked Tholian ship with an Iconian Data Rod, on it is a statement of parly with the Tholians, because the Iconians have already wiped out every other Tholian in every neighboring Galaxy!
Doomsday Machine? Think thats the preoperty of someone else.. Tholians from another galaxy.. hmm its possible...

But then I'll start to ponder what the tholians in the mirror and otehr universes are doing.. and thus my head will explude with the limitless possibilitys.
Rihannsu
# 178
02-14-2013, 12:54 PM
I don't see the Tholians as uncreative. They're tech pirates because they know the value of swiping someone else's ideas. Also, in Ent we found out why they were so comfortable with creating space/time warps. They have a natural resistance to the effects of such things. Thus it's far less risky for them.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Captain
# 179
02-14-2013, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Also, in Ent we found out why they were so comfortable with creating space/time warps. They have a natural resistance to the effects of such things. Thus it's far less risky for them.
What episode does that come from? I'm pretty sure that was never stated.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Survivor of Romulus
# 180
02-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
What episode does that come from? I'm pretty sure that was never stated.
I think its the one where they find the ship thats bigger on the inside.