Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Rihannsu
Tribble sure did!

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=549851

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20130128a.13
Systems:
  • Updated Tricobalt Mines & Triciobalt Torpedoes:
    • Reduced the cooldown of both of these weapon types from 60sec to 30sec.
    • Their damage has been halved as a result of this cooldown reduction, keeping their Damage-per-Second constant.
    • The shared Cooldown on multiple Tricobalt Mines has been reduced from 30sec to 15sec.
    • The shared Cooldown on multiple Tricobalt Torpedoes has been reduced from 30sec to 15sec.
    • The global Cooldown for all Tricobalt devices has been reduced from 15sec to 5sec.
Damage Reduced by half upfront, but Cool down reduced so that it still does the same damage in a 60 second period. Interesting.. But I think I know some one who is not happy with this....
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 2
02-13-2013, 01:28 PM
I'd say the Tricobalt TORPEDO is a bulls*hit nerf. They already got quite nerfed when they introduced the High Yield ability to them so that got mandatory in order to make em useful.

Now half'ed their damage even more? When does a Trico land anyway? It needs superb timing and tactic to actually make them work properly.

Even with a guy like mini its almost impossible to properly hit someone on bare hull simply because of the superb timing you need to find that gap right between the rotating Omega's and Tacteams, (I even experienced it myself iwth my own tricobomb build)

On top of that, trico's are already as fragile as hell, only 1 guy using FaW somewhere close and it gets shot down. They do splash damage to yourself now as well since a long time. Lets nerf everything to uselessness :p

lol.

Just lol.

Last edited by darkfader1988; 02-13-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Captain
# 3
02-13-2013, 01:30 PM
I'm still trying to figure out the GCD aspect. I could have sworn they removed the GCD on Torps and Mines already - so that it was just individual CDs, shared CDs with Torps, shared CDs with Mines...

Still though, the way the timing would work... dual THY and three Trics?
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2013, 01:34 PM
WTF is the point of a high yield single shot torp anymore, if they nerf it to a regular dps torp instead of a spike torp. This has to take the bs cake of sto history. We use to have trico bomber which were hard to build and use. Maybe one shot some people after a 3 min setup time but it was 3 min of setup. People cried, the nerf steam-roller began. I use to Run-shield stripper , trico bomber. Stip 10k shields high speed pass drop trico at 2km run = Fun. Both have been nerf into extinction FOR NO REASON. Now this !!!!

At least just only nerf mines leave torp alone.

Totally Uncalled for NERF
Nova Core
ParadiseKiller

House of Beautiful Orions
Zeadonouse
ToLate
Captain
# 5
02-13-2013, 01:35 PM
People need to keep in mind that Tric nerfs (like most nerfs) are the result of Cryptic seeing something in PvE they didn't like...not because of complaints from some in the PvP community.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Captain
# 6
02-13-2013, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
People need to keep in mind that Tric nerfs (like most nerfs) are the result of Cryptic seeing something in PvE they didn't like...not because of complaints from some in the PvP community.

Yeah, things like "blowing up a gate in 3 secs" or "blowing up an elite cube in 2 sec", etc, etc.
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Captain
# 7
02-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Gosh, perhaps instead of simply giving cubes a stupid amount of hull they could add some resistance / bonus defense etc and some intelligent self buffing rofl.

oh wait they cant.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2013, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
Yeah, things like "blowing up a gate in 3 secs" or "blowing up an elite cube in 2 sec", etc, etc.
There are way more effective ways at blowing both of those up over using trico. Lets nerf them to:: sigh::

Tric torp even in pve are barley on the top of my radar for dps. Mines are alittle bit better.

Out of all the thing to nerf or give attention to. it should not even be on the clipboard.
Nova Core
ParadiseKiller

House of Beautiful Orions
Zeadonouse
ToLate
Captain
# 9
02-13-2013, 01:46 PM
I think this is perfect for the mines... this will make them an honestly good option as a mine.

For the torp... ya its not a great change.... However what if Tric torps that where not HYed where NOT targatable ? I think that would fix them myself.

30s cool down 15s global... regular non targatable projectile

HY versions pretty much as it is now.

Spread... could stay untargetable.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
# 10
02-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Idk, a stun every 15 seconds from a support boat with the potential of high spike even w/the nerf doesn't seem out of line. These things will still hit hard, almost makes me want to get back into my b'rel for a bit.