Captain
# 11
02-13-2013, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Correct; they are no longer offered with these Foundry reward changes.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Are there going to be increases elsewhere? There was a reason they were added in the first place, after all...
Career Officer
# 12
02-13-2013, 01:21 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Considering that the Foundry is my main source of fleet marks, I've got to say i'm a bit irked at this decision.

The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
PS: My show is actually at 0200 GMT these days. I really need to dig up the PSD for that signature and redo it.
Career Officer
# 13
02-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Put the nerf bat down and walk away please.
Rihannsu
# 14
02-13-2013, 01:24 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I am not exactly thrilled about this, but I'm ok with it if they are taking a look at the whole fleet mark situation and increasing through other means.

if its give and take - thats fine. (someone might want to update this quickly before this blows up into another argument).

if its take only, then that wont go over well at all.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 15
02-13-2013, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20130128a.13

Systems:
  • Updated Tricobalt Mines & Triciobalt Torpedoes:
    • Reduced the cooldown of both of these weapon types from 60sec to 30sec.
    • Their damage has been halved as a result of this cooldown reduction, keeping their Damage-per-Second constant.
    • The shared Cooldown on multiple Tricobalt Mines has been reduced from 30sec to 15sec.
    • The shared Cooldown on multiple Tricobalt Torpedoes has been reduced from 30sec to 15sec.
    • The global Cooldown for all Tricobalt devices has been reduced from 15sec to 5sec.
Do these changes apply to something like the temporal disruptor device, it's a fancy tricobolt, which at the moment is pretty useless due to it's CD and 'let me get out of my ship and push' speed of the torpedoes?

Last edited by starlanced; 02-13-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 16
02-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
That is actually a good change being its been hour long waits for any fed or kdf fleet event with the foundry supplying fleet marks. Although I think the blockade and the ground ones should offer more fleet marks though like NWS does especially since people I know aren't interested in doing NWS.
Republic Veteran
# 17
02-13-2013, 01:28 PM
When I first learned about the Foundry all those seasons ago I predicted that people would flood the "market" with dailies, shooters, and exploit missions.

My predictions panned out, and here we are today.

Cryptic is FINALLY getting on track in regards to stopping these ******n farming missions. Either play the game and earn the rewards same as everyone else or go find another game to play.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 18
02-13-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Understandable changes. But I must ask, why couldn't a "scaling amount of Fleet Marks" be applied to all qualifying missions as well?
Fleet Marks should be awarded for specific fleet or group content, so they were not considered to remain in this new rewards structure.

I'm trying to locate the patch note when they were introduced, but I'm fairly certain that it mentioned they were for a limited-time or were temporary, or at least that was the intent.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Rihannsu
# 19
02-13-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Understandable changes. But I must ask, why couldn't a "scaling amount of Fleet Marks" be applied to all qualifying missions as well?
Fleet Marks should be awarded for specific fleet or group content, so they were not considered to remain in this new rewards structure.

I'm trying to locate the patch note when they were introduced, but I'm fairly certain that it mentioned they were for a limited-time or were temporary, or at least that was the intent.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
fair enough and yes it makes sense, but again can someone look at increasing the current rewards or adding new ways in the immediate future or are they staying the same till the next big update?

as every fleet is getting higher up in the tiers, the cost is increasing so its only getting harder and harder as everyone goes along and a big way to earn marks just went away.

if promoting the fleet content is the goal then great, but people could use a little compensation via more marks per mission to help out.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Empire Veteran
# 20
02-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
As long as we get another 15 minutes 50 marks reward that's ok. Otherwise, expect flamewars and a lot of anger on the forums soon.

Because grinding for marks is boring with the same 7-8 missions. It's been 6 months, and there's nothing new/fun anymore with those, and the starbase and fleet embassy are really demanding.