Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Cryptic Studios Team
# 51
02-13-2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Top NW things i'd like to see in STO:

- Vertical Maps (The Cloak Tower in NW was pretty awesomely designed)
- Foundry (proper Foundry rewards, drag-and-drop rooms etc)
- More integrated Foundry experience (bulletin boards, random npcs etc)
I'm down for any of that. But it will take time, and likely won't happen until NW is live and stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
- Larger Maps (Protector's Enclave far exceeds the size of any STO map, save for possibly New Romulus)
This actually isn't true. PE is actually rather small, but they do a good job of tricking people into thinking it's much larger than it really is.
Only YOU can prevent forum fires!

Captain
# 52
02-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Also, 2 additional things from NW i'd like to see in STO (at some point);

- More proper sized interiors (corridors SHOULD be cramped, doors should be roughly 2 meter tall)
- Better map transitions
Lieutenant
# 53
02-13-2013, 02:45 PM
I just want to see instant execution of powers in STO like you have in NW.

Instead, in STO, you hit a button to use Emergency Power to Shields, for example, and the UI writes down your request on a piece of paper, sticks it in an envelope, slaps a stamp on it and mails it off to the Cryptic server to make sure its ok. Then, when it receives a response in 6-8 weeks time, it properly executes your power. Execept it generally fails to do so, because by the time it gets the OK from the server, you're either dead or have mashed about fifteen other buttons and have confused the entire process.
Captain
# 54
02-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
Signed. I never was a fantasy fan, but I went looking through the PWE titles just to see if there was anything interesting and it was all variations of the same theme, except for STO and CO. And personally, I would feel silly playing CO since I'm in my thirties...
Perfect World is Chinese fantasy. Which I think is a point in its favor.

Pity it quickly becomes a grind slog just to level.
# 55
02-13-2013, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
I am going to use that graphic any time I have to explain this subject, whether related to Cryptic or not.
And when the inevitable question about the fanged taco comes up, just explain it as "that means the graph is awesome."
Captain
# 56
02-13-2013, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
I often hear people complain about how NW has all the best stuff, and why don't we have that, or when will we get that? (I heard the same thing about STO when I was on CO) The main thing people don't seem to understand is that any of our live games (CO and STO currently) need to operate in a stable environment. A live game, lags behind (technologically) it's in development brothers (NW currently). This is necessary to ensure that our game can function. While NW may have new shinies that people want, in it's current state it also has a lot of broken things (it's in Beta afterall).
Quote:
Here, I drew you a graph:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8109/8...a77be460_o.jpg

So, yes, we're all on the same engine. No, we don't all have the exact same code all the time. Yes, eventually we are likely to get the code NW is working on. No, this doesn't guarantee that feature X will be included in STO.
I see. That makes a lot of sense. I kind of figured on that sort of thing anyway. I still hope we can see those kind of things in STO, they would be really awesome.

Quote:
This actually isn't true. PE is actually rather small, but they do a good job of tricking people into thinking it's much larger than it really is.
That is one of the things that makes me really unhappy about STO. The space filling paths in this game are really obvious, and rather obnoxious (Cure Ground, I'm looking at you!). I'm glad that New Romulus is better at that sort of thing, but we even saw it a bit in Temporal Ambassador. I guess that's why I like vertical maps so much.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 57
02-13-2013, 08:44 PM
Personally, I'd like to see/hope that it means they can bounce a little more folks working on STO and Champs and their other titles out alongside NW.

That and foundry goodies from NW after it is out. Delicious Delicious Foundry Goodies. After all, when you can say you spent two years beta testing a system you'd like to see the results of those tests and feedback.

I'm looking at you subscribe to author button.
Captain
# 58
02-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleycrasher View Post
I just want to see instant execution of powers in STO like you have in NW.

Instead, in STO, you hit a button to use Emergency Power to Shields, for example, and the UI writes down your request on a piece of paper, sticks it in an envelope, slaps a stamp on it and mails it off to the Cryptic server to make sure its ok. Then, when it receives a response in 6-8 weeks time, it properly executes your power. Execept it generally fails to do so, because by the time it gets the OK from the server, you're either dead or have mashed about fifteen other buttons and have confused the entire process.
Ah yes, good old UI lag.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 59
02-14-2013, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpcapulet View Post
What does NWM mean for STO? Three words, Elves in Space!
And the transition to STO and CO becoming end of life for NWN and other PWE titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
New Foundry tech and customizable interiors based on that Foundry tech.
So they can also rob me of my last retro Gorn costume.
Captain
# 60
02-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
So they can also rob me of my last retro Gorn costume.
But we need more of that sort of thing!