Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
02-13-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
People need to keep in mind that Tric nerfs (like most nerfs) are the result of Cryptic seeing something in PvE they didn't like...not because of complaints from some in the PvP community.
I dunno I see this as the other way around. For PVE work things will stay about the same as far as steady DPS (though dedicated tric bombers are screwed). For PVP work, the spike potential goes way down. This looks like a PVP-specific nerf.
Commander
# 12
02-13-2013, 01:59 PM
That whole big thread full of ideas and this was the best they could come up with. Honestly...
# 13
02-13-2013, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
I dunno I see this as the other way around. For PVE work things will stay about the same as far as steady DPS (though dedicated tric bombers are screwed). For PVP work, the spike potential goes way down. This looks like a PVP-specific nerf.
+2

Thank you
Perfect Explanation
Nova Core
ParadiseKiller

House of Beautiful Orions
Zeadonouse
ToLate
Empire Veteran
# 14
02-13-2013, 02:04 PM
if they halfed tric torp damage, HY plasmas will do more damage then HY trics, and cool down twice as fast. wtf were they thinking, the tric torp change is mind boggling. the mine change was 1 thing, but this gives tric torps no reason to exist.

like with that arena melee weapon change so they couldn't be sold for ec, this was proboly done because when mini blows himself up wile tric bombing, it generates so much data that they had to do something to stem the tide. so they safety nerfed tric torps!

with just HY plasma torps now, heavy torp bombing lost about 1/4 of its spike. it was not easy to use such weapons, and now they arent even going to out damage a quantum salvo
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 15
02-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
if they halfed tric torp damage, HY plasmas will do more damage then HY trics, and cool down twice as fast. wtf were they thinking, the tric torp change is mind boggling. the mine change was 1 thing, but this gives tric torps no reason to exist.

like with that arena melee weapon change so they couldn't be sold for ec, this was proboly done because when mini blows himself up wile tric bombing, it generates so much data that they had to do something to stem the tide. so they safety nerfed tric torps!

with just HY plasma torps now, heavy torp bombing lost about 1/4 of its spike. it was not easy to use such weapons, and now they arent even going to out damage a quantum salvo
I have faith mini can spike it hard enough to kamakazi, iirc he was getting 6 figure crits. Also, it could mean many more stun interrupts for support builds, 6 in 60 seconds not counting the PSWTorp console (2 from 30 psw, and 15 sec Trics) even more if you count tric spreads.
Career Officer
# 16
02-13-2013, 02:23 PM
Mini will still own you all.

Watch out for his new combo.

The only legit Tric bombers used Tric torps.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 17
02-13-2013, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
Also, it could mean many more stun interrupts for support builds
I think folks are overlooking this. It's a buff to Bill Nye's Bag o' Durty Trix!
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Captain
# 18
02-13-2013, 02:26 PM
I don't use them much at all anymore, but anyword if this effects bio-neurals?
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
02-13-2013, 03:01 PM
If TCD torpedo damage is getting cut in half, that would place it around 4500 kinetic damage -- the latter is easily outclassed by the Temporal Disruption Torpedo at 6000 kinetic damage and 20 seconds cooldown time.
Captain
# 20
02-13-2013, 03:02 PM
Oh, for...

I swear they single out the things I like for every swing of the nerf bat.