Captain
# 11
02-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
In principle I like scaling rewards an I think that it is ultimately the right way to have rewards, but I do want to see how they scale out before I comment further. what's the max, what's the minimum etc.
Means we'll have to sit thru hours long missions from those RP writers who will insist we read their 10,000 word text filled boxes to get our measly 1400 dilith.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Commander
# 12
02-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Obviously we were getting fleet marks faster than they wanted us to (Tier 5 in 2015, yay!), and the wrong way (soloing Foundry missions rather than grinding out fleet events).
Career Officer
# 13
02-13-2013, 01:54 PM
Needs a scaling Fleet Marks reward in intervals of 10, maxing out at 80 for those 2+ hour some people feel are necessary to make.

Ideally, half an hour would scale out to 50 or so, so it balances out.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-13-2013, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Which Foundry author asked that fleet marks be removed? I missed that post.
Do you want me to answer that? They asked for EVERYTHING to be removed. There are a great many posts I can quote.
"That's fourxgamer. He's not joking. " ... Psycho Landlady

"Oh poo poo I didn't even realize the significance of the name." ...Donny Tryhard.
Career Officer
# 15
02-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Well Cryptic made the architect in CoH which Paragon nerfed after Cryptic left, and that didn't work out well. I guess I won't buy neverwinter since that means they'll plan ahead to make that games foundry useless too. I honestly don't care about spotlight missions anyway. tired of my vulcan feeling emotion or my tactical officers being frightened or in love with characters they created. The only good thing about this thread is you saved me and my friends $199 each on the Neverwinter founders pack.

I'm not grinding out anything in this. I got a life.
Captain
# 16
02-13-2013, 02:00 PM
I like the idea of scaling rewards, but they probably should have left Fleet Marks in. I'll see how this works out in-game before commenting further.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Career Officer
# 17
02-13-2013, 02:00 PM
This is how the foundry missions should have been designed in the first place, to scale based upon average play time. This is how I suggested they do it over a year ago.

The only bummer for me is the removal of fleet marks. I hope that they consider placing in a scaling fleet mark reward as well.

There are some truly fantastic foundry missions out there and I am glad people will be encouraged to play those rather than some quick-fire exploit mission.
Rihannsu
# 18
02-13-2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Hmm. Wonder if this part:

...means they've been replaced with the rest, or there will be a new daily for fleet marks. It certainly seems to imply the former.
I suspect it's temporary while they evaluate whether their scaled rewards code works properly.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 19
02-13-2013, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourxgamer View Post
Do you want me to answer that? They asked for EVERYTHING to be removed. There are a great many posts I can quote.
By "They", you mean like two people.

And what's wrong with Cryptic saying, "The Foundry is for fanfic"?
Rihannsu
# 20
02-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
Needs a scaling Fleet Marks reward in intervals of 10, maxing out at 80 for those 2+ hour some people feel are necessary to make.

Ideally, half an hour would scale out to 50 or so, so it balances out.
It's not like I TRIED to make a 2 hour mission.... I just kept adding stuff.... over and over.... hehe.... I don't really try to plan the length of my missions.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Closed Thread