Career Officer
# 1 What to do with a Ferengi?
02-05-2013, 12:02 AM
A Ferengi faction, if it comes at all, is not coming any time soon, but I still want one.

In the meantime, I was thinking about creating a Ferengi character. Of course, he would have to be Federation and of course, he would get one of the D'koras and Ferengi shuttles I found on the exchange for a few million EC.

The question is, how do I pull this off?

I don't see a Ferengi being a scientist, so the question is, Tac or Engineer? Which is better in the D'kora? Which traits should I pick?

Also, what about the clothing? Obviously, uniforms are out. What is the most canon Ferengi uniforms? Also, if I buy a lock box Ferengi suit, will it work for my bridge officers?

And what about the Bridge officers? Should they all be Ferengi? Maybe an Orion slave girl or Lethean mercenary? A Packled? Which bridge officers make sense?

And what weapons make sense for the D'kora?

Also, what is a good name?

It will probably be a long time before this character gets to VA, but I want to get started planning now. Your suggestions are appreciated.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
02-05-2013, 12:28 AM
I did exactly what you are suggesting ...

I started a Science officer - Dr. Crackle, and was very excited then when I heard the D'Kora was coming. I should have created a Tac to work with the D'Kora. I have the D'Kora, full Lobi ship set, Phased Tetryon weapons for something different, Lobi uniform, Ferengi Boffs just gathering dust.

Great idea if you love Ferengi, but select a Tac or Eng for the D'Kora.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net

Last edited by jkstocbr; 02-05-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 3
02-07-2013, 11:45 PM
sci is not for ferengi. They are way too dumb for this career.
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Career Officer
# 4
02-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
Yeah, I figured that. Which do you think would be better for a D'kora: engineer or tactical?
Captain
# 5
02-13-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:
We saw a Ferengi scientist in TNG "Suspicions".
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Career Officer
# 6
02-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Quote:
So are most humans

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
Yeah, I figured that. Which do you think would be better for a D'kora: engineer or tactical?
For the D'kora I prefer an Engineer, but I've seen tacticals perform just fine.

Ferengi overall is an underrated species in this game.

Lobes gives +perception, +10% exploit, and 20% at all EC vendors. Which is a benefit regardless of what career you decide to roll with. I've got a level 50 Ferengi Engineer (Main) and a level 50 Ferengi Tactical. I'm very happy with their performance. The only reason why I don't have a Science one at 50 is because I have 7 50s. This game isn't worth investing in making 8.

The perception of Ferengi being dumb and cowards is racist. If they were so dumb, why is the Ferengi Alliance one of the richest in the galaxy. If they were cowards, why do they brave unknown territory just to make more profit?

The Ferengi Alliance was rich and powerful while humans were still embraced in a world that destroyed them. If it wasn't for the Vulcans who lifted them up, the Federation never would of existed.
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Captain
# 7
02-13-2013, 05:09 PM
I leveled a Ferengi Sci captain once. He was the schizzit. And the vendor price thing really built up a pretty good pile of EC by the time I hit the cap.

The only reason I deleted him was because I wanted to see if the Leadership-caused invincible all human crew complaint was true.