Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Rihannsu
# 91
02-13-2013, 01:21 PM
I have just read the tribble patch notes, and if i am reading it right, and it seems the fleet leader has the manually cancel it. it wont just go away automatically.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 92
02-13-2013, 01:41 PM
UPDATE! Thanks to your feedback, we have made a few more changes on how the cancelation of this project will work. Here are the release notes from Tribble:
Quote:
General:
  • The Winter 2012 Fleet Project can now be cancelled.
    • Only a Fleet Leader will be able to cancel this project.
    • This permission cannot be delegated to members of lower ranks.
    • Any items donated toward the completion of the project will be lost and not refunded.
    • Any Fleet Credit earned by donating to this project is kept.
Thanks for everyone's feedback in this thread. I'll be updating the OP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lieutenant
# 93
02-13-2013, 01:55 PM
Glad you guys changed your minds on this one. Thanks for listening.
Rihannsu
# 94
02-13-2013, 02:18 PM
Ok, so it's now technically possible for a Fleet to cancel a mission. Please allow this for any project, for both fleets, and especially for personal Rep systems.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Lieutenant
# 95
02-13-2013, 02:25 PM
This doesn't affect me, but it's nice to see Cryptic listening.
Career Officer
# 96
02-13-2013, 03:13 PM
While Bloodbath finished ours long ago, I do have two suggestions regarding this, for those who have not:

1) Do NOT automatically remove this project! It is simply never a good idea to automatically yank something.

2) From a constructive perspective - add the ability to *swap* which projects are in the active and queued positions. For all projects. There have been several occasions where our membership would have been better served by moving a newly unlocked project to the active slot, and sliding the current project back to the queued slot. And NOT just for the top ranked "Leader!" I know many Fleets are using a division of labor to manage the various aspects of Fleet leadership. Add this as an additional checkbox on the settings for each rank, allowing Fleets to let Officers also swap which is Active an which is Queued.
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Career Officer
# 97
02-13-2013, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrobot1 View Post
O.o

Some people will not be amused about that...
if you read at the top it said if filled fleet would get ship. 77th elite was filled
no need to cancle ours
Republic Veteran
# 98
02-13-2013, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
Ok, so it's now technically possible for a Fleet to cancel a mission. Please allow this for any project, for both fleets, and especially for personal Rep systems.
Yes, please! I have myself queued the wrong item for a Rep mission, and I'd be happy to lose the few things I put into it before I noticed just to be able to free the slot back up. Being forced to pay 30k+ dil for something I don't want to free the slot is lame at best.
Career Officer
# 99
02-13-2013, 08:43 PM
It seems that my original estimation of how this would end, was wrong...

It has ended... ...Goodly.

Oh and...

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 02-13-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Captain
# 100
02-13-2013, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
No, too easy to abuse if on every mission.

ie: Queue mission, donate 20k Expertise on a character that has over 20 million expertise. Drop project. Repeat. Or if you have lots of ECs, do something similar for a project that requires a bunch of shield generators or something.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Closed Thread