Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
# 61
02-13-2013, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
The NWO founder pack is interesting if only for the Robe of Useless Items (or whatever the exact name is). It amuses me greatly.
Sadly it does not include a bag of holding or a portable hole. Or a bag of holding and a portable hole...
All cloaks should be canon.
Community Moderator
# 62
02-13-2013, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
This is my favorite Jack Emmert quote:

"Starfleet and Klingon. Yeah. So two factions, full PvE content."

August 10th, 2008
This quote is more relevant:

Quote:
I'm fairly certain it's not the whine of the engines I'm hearing.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Ensign
# 63
02-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
This quote is more relevant:
Simply posting a quote by Jack Emmert is not a "whine". Elaborating on that quote in a dissatisfied manner would be, but that isnt what they did.
Captain
# 64
02-13-2013, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufpcarlson View Post
Simply posting a quote by Jack Emmert is not a "whine". Elaborating on that quote in a dissatisfied manner would be, but that isnt what they did.
It appears that's what the "moderator" attempted to do.
Community Moderator
# 65
02-13-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufpcarlson View Post
Simply posting a quote by Jack Emmert is not a "whine"
No, but hijacking a thread about Neverwinter to complain about Klingons getting short shrift is.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Captain
# 66
02-13-2013, 01:36 PM
Quote:
No, but hijacking a thread about Neverwinter to complain about Klingons getting short shrift is.
We have Jack Emmert on STO. We have Jack Emmert on microtransactions. We have players discussing the Cryptic business model and whether lockboxes will be present en masse in Neverwinter. We have players discussing lifetime subscriptions.

Jack Emmert's statements regarding the game explicitly mentioned in the title, Star Trek Online, and his own quote about Star Trek Online is not hijacking anything regardless of your agreement or sentiments toward said statement.
Captain
# 67
02-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Sadly it does not include a bag of holding or a portable hole. Or a bag of holding and a portable hole...
The $20 and $200 founder packs contain a bag of holding, but the $60 one doesn't.
Career Officer
# 68
02-13-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Sorry, I realize how what I said was unclear; when I said "The Avengers alone", I meant "The Avengers" franchise, as opposed to the other Marvel movie franchises, not the movie entitled "Marvel's The Avengers". If I'd meant that movie, I'd have said the full title.
Okay, so that's two Hulks, two Iron Mans, a Captain America, a Thor and Marvel's The Avengers, all with massive budgets, big-name actors, rock-star directors and many, many impressive explosions.

Considering the resources that Paramount gave the Star Trek franchise to work with before JJ came along it seems like a bit of an unfair matchup to me, even with eleven movies vs. seven.

"Freedom is just a pretty idea unless it's backed by Force."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Career Officer
# 69
02-13-2013, 02:51 PM
Jack has been wanting to one up CoH since he announced his interest in Marvel Universe (Which failed, they made Champions instead). He blogged and went on record about how much more awesome all this stuff would be compared to CoH. It wasn't, before its closure, CoH playerbase was still bigger than CO, and DCUO was combined.

The closure of Paragon Studios had nothing to do with money, it was all backroom dealing.

I really doubt STO's playerbase is bigger than CoH's every was. STO is only 3 years old and only has one server. CoH was what 8 years old and had 12 servers? What would of been the overall count if we condensed the servers?

I do hope the game grows, if they complete KDF and bring us Romulans in the next update. It's possible for the playerbase here to explode. Time will tell.....
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Community Moderator
# 70
02-14-2013, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
I really doubt STO's playerbase is bigger than CoH's every was. STO is only 3 years old and only has one server. CoH was what 8 years old and had 12 servers? What would of been the overall count if we condensed the servers?
Completely different technology. STO's "one server" is far more expandable than CoH's servers were. If they wanted to add capacity, they had to add more servers; STO just adds more computers to the hundreds that currently make up the server cluster.