Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 21
02-13-2013, 04:09 PM
oh god, its exactly as bad as i thought on tribble

[Tricobalt Torpedo Launcher Mk XII [CrtD] [CrtH]x2]-4617 tool tip, 6984 displayed in hud. HY1 hud display damage-10476

[Omega Plasma Torpedo Launcher Mk XII [Dmg]x2 [CrtH]] HY1 hud display damage-13644

not sure how much damage the temporal super chrono trop deals, haven't bought it. but even a plasma torp, with 4k hitpoints, deals more damage then an equivalent tric torp.

who phoned in this change? this has to be a mistake. go ahead and half the tric torp cool down, but don't mess with its DPV at all. its been an unappealing option with its cooldown, only the most extreme ambush builds would even consider using it. its damage was not even that impressive for what you have to wait for, far below what tric mines are capable of. give it back the damage, and let it keep the new cooldown. it would be actually apealing then.
Captain
# 22
02-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
oh god, its exactly as bad as i thought on tribble

[Tricobalt Torpedo Launcher Mk XII [CrtD] [CrtH]x2]-4617 tool tip, 6984 displayed in hud. HY1 hud display damage-10476

[Omega Plasma Torpedo Launcher Mk XII [Dmg]x2 [CrtH]] HY1 hud display damage-13644

not sure how much damage the temporal super chrono trop deals, haven't bought it. but even a plasma torp, with 4k hitpoints, deals more damage then an equivalent tric torp.

who phoned in this change? this has to be a mistake. go ahead and half the tric torp cool down, but don't mess with its DPV at all. its been an unappealing option with its cooldown, only the most extreme ambush builds would even consider using it. its damage was not even that impressive for what you have to wait for, far below what tric mines are capable of. give it back the damage, and let it keep the new cooldown. it would be actually apealing then.
To be fair, Tricobalts disable a ship for 2-4 seconds. Omega does plasma DOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
I don't use them much at all anymore, but anyword if this effects bio-neurals?
I was wondering this myself, but I suspect the cooldown will still be 1min, so they may not touch the damage.
Career Officer
# 23
02-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
To be fair, Tricobalts disable a ship for 2-4 seconds. Omega does plasma DOT..
Doesn't the DOT reduce speed and turnrate by 75% for like 5-10 seconds or until cleared with HE?

If they're going to cut Tricobalt Weapons damage in half across the board, the least they could is double the damage boost from TCD Subspace Infusers, rewarding players who actually build for their maximum potential and not just coast on lucky crits from the weapons alone and make the disable Subspace Rift after-effect only available if the player has put at least 3 points into the Subspace Decompiler skill.

Last edited by doomicile; 02-14-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Lieutenant
# 24 stay brutal
02-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Stay Brutal. lol
Empire Veteran
# 25
02-13-2013, 04:30 PM
but now for damage quantums beat them hands down and they cant be targeted. hell photns beat them even, ive had photon crits twice as high as what trics will do now. even HY plasmas simply deal more damage, and fire much more often. the point is the biggest single hit spike weapon in the game has been removed
Commander
# 26
02-13-2013, 04:33 PM
howabout nerfing borg 1 hit kils !!
dont nerf tric, boycot sto
Career Officer
# 27
02-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfloresii View Post
Stay Brutal. lol
fixed for patch
Career Officer
# 28
02-13-2013, 05:09 PM
Like Mini said, we're going to get a lot more Tric mine spam.

Noob tard spammers are gonna get more frenetic.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Commander
# 29
02-13-2013, 05:36 PM
Yay, the days of me doing suicide runs and blowing myself up instantly with them are over!

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Captain
# 30
02-13-2013, 05:56 PM
Brel w/3 tac consoles boosting trics while cloaked the base torp was ~10k, the base mine was ~20k (imo this should be flipped). This is before Boff/Captain powers boosts and any crits. Seems like the mines could still chain crit/kill, but the torps will be more for the stun and decent damage to a downed shield (which is harder to find these days).

I messed around a little w/an aux2batt dispersal patter/TS build. I see it more as a potential way of breaking ES and to a lesser extent evasives w/the occassional crit kill on a weakened target.