Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Bug Reports
Login

Career Officer
# 11
02-10-2013, 10:34 PM
Question: Are you guys using the Dx9 mode or Dx11 mode under trouble shooting > video card?

16x AA only shows up for Dx11 mode, where as Dx9 mode only allows to 8x AA ingame, as been implemented from the intro of Dx11

I can't reproduce the issue under Dx11 nor Dx9 on my system on TTS, I have gone through all the AA settings ingame.

I do see the AA settings visualy applied at each tier.

my settings are as follows with nvidia inspector for the global profle under driverset 313.96: http://i.imgur.com/EbXoukF.png
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Ensign
# 12 Helmets And Accolades
02-11-2013, 12:06 AM
Hello

I Tried the HElmets and i can equip them all at the Tailor on Tribble very nice but if i purchase them everything get erased to the default settings. And i still miss the K.H.G. Mk XII Accolade i got a hook on every part of the K.H.G. but i did not get the Accolade
Rihannsu
# 13
02-11-2013, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltypineapple View Post
Ok in tribble, not only did they not fix the memory overload issues resulting in texture reduction due to running higher in game AA (4x/8x and 16x is now missing from the settings) but I can no longer force AA (16x CSAA) in the nvidia control panel. Using in game 2x AA works fine, as it doesn't reduce my textures due to memory overload, but only looks marginally better as opposed to not running AA.
But I assume, from what you're saying, that enabling AA does not influence any of the Effects options for you, such as SSAO, Depth of Field, Soft Particles etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3xr34p3r View Post
Question: Are you guys using the Dx9 mode or Dx11 mode under trouble shooting > video card?
I'm running Win XP, so DX11 is simply not an option for me.

No idea what to make of this. Several people I know have said that they do not have such problems, even on Nvidia card. Still, this sudden issue is disturbing to say the least, especially since it'll probably go live as it is, ruining the game's graphics for me and perhaps many other people. It'll be either playing without AA at all, or without many other visual options. Strange thing that you can't even force AA through Nvidia CP anymore...
Career Officer
# 14
02-11-2013, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
But I assume, from what you're saying, that enabling AA does not influence any of the Effects options for you, such as SSAO, Depth of Field, Soft Particles etc?

I'm running Win XP, so DX11 is simply not an option for me.

No idea what to make of this. Several people I know have said that they do not have such problems, even on Nvidia card. Still, this sudden issue is disturbing to say the least, especially since it'll probably go live as it is, ruining the game's graphics for me and perhaps many other people. It'll be either playing without AA at all, or without many other visual options. Strange thing that you can't even force AA through Nvidia CP anymore...
Try deleting all the tribble files and let the launcher copy over the files from holo (same other way around if your having issues on holo and not tribble) then let it patch up again and test to see if its persistant.
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Rihannsu
# 15
02-12-2013, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3xr34p3r View Post
Try deleting all the tribble files and let the launcher copy over the files from holo (same other way around if your having issues on holo and not tribble) then let it patch up again and test to see if its persistant.
Did just that. No effect. Graphics options reset, but as soon as I enabled AA (even 2x) many other options went off (SSAO, Depth of Field, Soft Particles, Underwater View and Bloom Quality, to be precise).

And as I say, it all works just fine on Holodeck (for now...), so this has to be something in the latest patch that broke the AA in a way...

As I've said, I'm using Windows XP SP3 on Athlon II X2 240, 3,1GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 with the latest drivers. Can't do anything with AA, and I can't even force it through the nvidia control panel.

I just wish someone at Cryptic could look into the issue before the patch goes live...
Career Officer
# 16
02-12-2013, 04:45 AM
Sorry I could not be of much help on this atm, but ye they are looking at threads when they can; seeing as its persistent on your system and assuming the same for others, it needs to be fixed.

I'm also thinking you might see a fix once they update the sto code from porting whats needed from neverwinter. (hopefully)
Rihannsu
# 17
02-12-2013, 05:13 AM
Still, thanks for your help.

As for the update, there are speculations that the "big" feature in May is going to be just that - an overhaul of the game's engine, which foundations are being already set up in the game. Although it saddens me that specific configurations are probably going to have to deal with the consequences till then...

*sigh* I guess no Antialiasing for me from thursday...
Rihannsu
# 18
02-13-2013, 02:18 PM
Today's patch didn't fix a thing, sadly.

What is more, I've noticed that ALL the sliders in the Video options menu suffer from some weird lag that sometimes just stop the game for nearly a minute for them to take effect. Even something as simple as brightness.

Oh, and I can't change the refresh rate - it keeps reseting to 60 all the time.

Once again, no such problems on Holodeck.

Last edited by suaveks; 02-13-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 19
02-13-2013, 03:13 PM
We're looking into this. I think we may have missed merging a bug fix. I'm not sure when STO production will make another build, if that turns out to be the problem.

Dave
Commander
# 20
02-13-2013, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hithereyou View Post
We're looking into this. I think we may have missed merging a bug fix. I'm not sure when STO production will make another build, if that turns out to be the problem.

Dave
Now my question is what is in this patch that would justify pushing it now with these issues?