Career Officer
# 111
02-13-2013, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
I support this idea, but not for the Foundry, where teaming is wonky. Maybe if they fixed the teaming issues.
I am actually more in favor of a system where Foundry authors could contribute by creating Fleet Eventesque missions and submitting those to a different tab. Those missions would have stricter definitions of what "qualifies" them as well. They reward the FM/XP the story missions offer the Dil/XP.

Middle-road strategies are typically not the strong suit for Cryptic, rather they do sweeping changes.
Empire Veteran
# 112
02-13-2013, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodoreshrvk View Post
I am actually more in favor of a system where Foundry authors could contribute by creating Fleet Eventesque missions and submitting those to a different tab. Those missions would have stricter definitions of what "qualifies" them as well. They reward the FM/XP the story missions offer the Dil/XP.

Middle-road strategies are typically not the strong suit for Cryptic, rather they do sweeping changes.
That would not be a bad idea.

Question ... Am I correct in that "Fleet Actions" do NOT give fleet marks currently? ... I'd be ok with the fleet marks switching to them if that is the case.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Career Officer
# 113
02-13-2013, 05:14 PM
Removing fleet marks from the foundry removes most of my incentive for trying our this content. Sure my fleet used them for fleet mark grinding but doing so got us to try out several story-based missions as well. To be honest, I'm not even going to seek those out because I will be too busy grinding out fleet marks - burning myself out on the game.

I understand the desire to move fleet marks into more fleet-ish activities. Please do not take things away from the community until you have a plan implemented to support reasonable fleet mark generation.
Lieutenant
# 114
02-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Suggestion....

Go back to old timer so mission can only be run once per day(per alt) and leave the reward as it currently is. 50FM/960di is not a huge amount while on a 15-20min timer. The problem is the 30min repeatable timer makes it an FM/DI cash cow.
------------------------------------
Path to 2409: Martok made the definitive statement of the Klingon Empire's view of the Romulan Star Empire in 2388. "
The Klingons will offer no treaty, no aid, and no hand that is not holding a blade"
Career Officer
# 115
02-13-2013, 05:22 PM
Removing fleet marks from the Foundry repeatable per se isn't a bad idea, the terrible part is that they did not have an alternate means setup at the same time.

You *cannot* do this action without substantial blowback if there's not an alternate means, such as:

1) Lowering all projects fleet mark cost
2) Substantially increasing fleet mark rewards from current activities
3) Adding fleet marks to other group activities - possibly STFs, PvP, etc., especially if it's repeatable (i.e. allow every fleet action to give 50 FM, not just the dailies)

Very disappointed in this mistake and hope that Cryptic is wise enough to come up with an alternative plan as soon as possible.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Rihannsu
# 116
02-13-2013, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
Question ... Am I correct in that "Fleet Actions" do NOT give fleet marks currently? ... I'd be ok with the fleet marks switching to them if that is the case.
Daily FA gives 50 Fleet Marks and let me empathize the "Daily" and "50 Fleet Marks".

Of course when choice hits Temple is pretty much "Oh F..." since not only the plants are not marked on the map, UNLIKE the other 2 Fleet Actions were they are marked, also considering how the map queue works you might end up joining in when its near completing, meaning NO FLEET MARKS FOR YOU! since there is no way in hell you can get to those 4 plants and survive the amount of guards in time to scan them.
Lieutenant
# 117
02-13-2013, 05:23 PM
Step 1 : remove dilithium from all projects

Step 2 : Allow people to buy fleet marks for dilithium

Step 3 : ???

Step 4 : Profit

But really, the ONLY reason fleet marks were added to the foundry missions in the first place is so that people would have a choice between the stagnant fleet marks generating content and OTHER ways to generate fleet marks.

So unless you're going to making a lot more fleet marks content then this is just wrong.

I'm not going to throw words around like dumb, or insulting, or anything of that sort but I could to great effect. It would be quite apt.
Empire Veteran
# 118
02-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Daily FA gives 50 Fleet Marks and let me empathize the "Daily" and "50 Fleet Marks".

Of course when choice hits Temple is pretty much "Oh F..." since not only the plants are not marked on the map, UNLIKE the other 2 Fleet Actions were they are marked, also considering how the map queue works you might end up joining in when its near completing, meaning NO FLEET MARKS FOR YOU! since there is no way in hell you can get to those 4 plants and survive the amount of guards in time to scan them.
Yeah ... know about the daily, but each time you run a fleet action it should be giving us fleet marks ... even if not 50 a pop ... it needs to be there.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Lt. Commander
# 119
02-13-2013, 05:59 PM
As a member of a small fleet for both factions, a fleet that's been here since the start of the game, with most of its members away for an extended period, with only me and one or two others to hold the fort, this removal of fleet marks from the Foundry is painful.

I hold no hopes of my fleets getting up to higher tiers for a very long time, but with the Foundry providing a good source of fleet marks, this has been the only way to get my three-year old fleets up to and past tier 1.

Not only that, but having this reward for playing Foundry missions has introduced me to a lot of *good* and *fun* missions hand-crafted by talented storytelling players that I would have otherwise not have discovered if not for the addition of fleet marks to the rewards. Now I take the time with friends or fleet mates to find and play such missions *and* gain fleet marks for my struggling fleets.

I've grinded fleet marks the other way, doing those few queueable missions that provide them, and I have to say it's not rewarding, effective, or fun enough to do long-term. I'm already tired of doing the same handful of queues over and over again, which is why I've been happy to see the Foundry reward fleet marks. And as others have said, it's especially difficult to get queues going on the KDF side of things.

So that's my feedback, I do not agree with the removal or partial removal of fleet marks from the Foundry. It would be more harmful than helpful, as fleet projects are already costly enough without removing or severely lessening one stable source of a necessary fleet material.
Career Officer
# 120
02-13-2013, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
[*]Reduced the cooldown of both of these weapon types from 60sec to 30sec. [*]Their damage has been halved as a result of this cooldown reduction, keeping their Damage-per-Second constant. [*]The shared Cooldown on multiple Tricobalt Mines has been reduced from 30sec to 15sec.[*] The shared Cooldown on multiple Tricobalt Torpedoes has been reduced from 30sec to 15sec. [*]The global Cooldown for all Tricobalt devices has been reduced from 15sec to 5sec.[/list][/list]
What does this even mean? If they have a shared cooldown, its a shared cooldown and you'd never use more than one of the same type. So why would I want to know this. Unless of course you mean something else. And that brings us to global.

Global effects everything. That's why its called a global. Get it? Globe? The entire thing? STO doesn't have one. So is this an attempt to say....I'm not even sure what this is an attempt at.

Good luck with this.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.