Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
02-13-2013, 06:42 PM
You guys messed up the Temporal Disruption Device. It now has half damage but still same 19 second cooldown. Its damage is now 3,255.2 kinetic which is half of what it is on holodeck right now. The cooldown for it is still 19 seconds!!! Either double the damage or else cut the cooldown in half! This needs to be fixed before it goes to holodeck!

P.S. WHy does it have a 30 second cooldown after firing off a torp spread... That doesn't even make sense.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=490421 We want this help build support!

Last edited by deusemperor; 02-13-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 32
02-13-2013, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deusemperor View Post
You guys messed up the Temporal Disruption Device. It now has half damage but still same 19 second cooldown. Its damage is now 3,255.2 kinetic which is half of what it is on holodeck right now. The cooldown for it is still 19 seconds!!! Either double the damage or else cut the cooldown in half! This needs to be fixed before it goes to holodeck!

P.S. WHy does it have a 30 second cooldown after firing off a torp spread... That doesn't even make sense.
ya, checked the tribble lobi store and a photon torp deals more damage then the temporal torp. this is the dumbest change yet, halving the damage on this stuff, it wasn't a problem.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 33
02-13-2013, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deusemperor View Post

i thought the time torp was a "tricobalt" in every sense except name.

i bet this will go live reguardless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 34
02-13-2013, 08:09 PM
Have folks posted about that in the actual thread? Anybody dropped a PM to our sometime resident friendly dev in case he didn't see this?
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-13-2013, 08:20 PM
I posted in it but it's probably been overlooked because the other hundred posts in there are about fleet mark remove from IOR. Can someone send this to Bort? I think there are a few things that explain the issue with the temporal torp.
1: its cooldown isn't cut in half, but damage is.
2: its cooldown after using a torp ability is 30 seconds for no visible reason. Why wouldn't it just be 19 seconds like the regular cooldown? I hope when they cut the cooldown in half they have it uniform and not 30 seconds still.

9 second cooldown for everything would be best.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=490421 We want this help build support!
Empire Veteran
# 36
02-13-2013, 08:26 PM
no, the cuting in half of the damage is unacceptable. these mighty target able torps deal photon and quantum torp damage now, without HY. with, they still arent going to out damage a HY quantum salvo, or even a HY plasma! it doesn't mater how often they fire, their damage is less then non target able torps every time! in a history of sloppy changes, this is by far the sloppiest. they already weren't better at dealing huge damage then a normal HY quantum salvo, now they are a joke, and deal less damage in every way
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 37 Baby steps!
02-13-2013, 08:54 PM
It is odd that the original tricobalt mine nerf was discussed and a small step was taken to decrease the mega damage and then they come out with this huge sweeping change that will demand a player change his build/style. Furthermore this change is a huge surprise to the player base. I agree with a poster above and cryptic does not want their content steamrolled by a tric bomber. Looks like dual heavy canons for everyone, way to diversify game play Cryptic. Boo!
Starfleet Veteran
# 38
02-13-2013, 08:56 PM
lol love how they "nerf" stuff that turns into a super buff. so we can expect huge tric spam with tones of disables.

to the pve tards, you morons got a buff not a nerf............
Captain
# 39
02-13-2013, 08:57 PM
The time torp has ALWAYS had a 60s cool down if you used a HY or Spread pattern on it... as it should be. If they have reduced it to 30s be glad.

The halving of the dmg of course sounds messed up.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Lieutenant
# 40
02-13-2013, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
i thought the time torp was a "tricobalt" in every sense except name.

i bet this will go live reguardless.
4 for you, you bet correctly!

Anyway, the Temporal Disruption Device was a tricobalt until a couple months ago when it was changed to chroniton. Unfortunately, its cooldown after using BOff abilities stayed at 60 seconds, just as if it were still a tricobalt. Its normal cooldown is only 20 seconds.

Now that its damaged has been (unintentionally?) halved and its cooldown after using BOff abilities halved to 30 seconds, just like tricobalts again, I'm pretty sure these strange lingering remnants of tricobalt-ness are very probably a bug.