Commander
# 111
02-13-2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
Ricky's brief story inspired something in me just now...
Sweet

Yeah I hope it works out like that, give the players choices at the end of each episode and from there we guide the story in a slow build up. Players get enough action in STO, lets give them the next level in Foundry Story telling... I'm even using the TNG to inspire all of what I do on here as a personal rule given I got the UFP.

ironic thought: after several episodes when everything has built up to a climax... Why not have the Tholians charge in on a white horse? It will add mystery because the only explanation for their total uncharacteristic behavour is the assumption that they know something worse is coming!
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Last edited by rickysmith1; 02-13-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Captain
# 112
02-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
Sweet

Yeah I hope it works out like that, give the players choices at the end of each episode and from there we guide the story in a slow build up. Players get enough action in STO, lets give them the next level in Foundry Story telling... I'm even using the TNG to inspire all of what I do on here as a personal rule given I got the UFP.

ironic thought: after several episodes when everything has built up to a climax... Why not have the Tholians charge in on a white horse? It will add mystery because the only explanation for their total uncharacteristic behavour is the assumption that they know something worse is coming!
Ricky, please send me a PM immediately about this.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Survivor of Romulus
# 113
02-13-2013, 02:39 PM
hey ricky.. tryed talking to you in game earlier.. but for whatever reason you wernt responding.. or I wasnt reciving it.
Commander
# 114
02-13-2013, 03:32 PM
I'll PM ya both when I get back from work tomorrow. I did reply to you Thay but it might of not sent.

What's your in-game Stardestroyer?
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Captain
# 115
02-13-2013, 03:40 PM
My ingame handle is @stardestroyer001.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Rihannsu
# 116
02-13-2013, 03:50 PM
Ooh! sounds fun, I'm @marhawkman
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
# 117
02-13-2013, 04:30 PM
Ricky's idea sounds awesome, and I definately like the idea of giving the players a choice and using the player reviews to organize future messages.

I think about what could be the growing crisis looming from my side is. I mean it could be as simple as "do we focus our energy on the Borg or (issue X way over there).

Conflict within the collective has been done before in TNG with Hugh and Lore and in Voyager with the Borg Dream-world.

That could play into the Ash'kaar story if I can find a way to make custome drones. A liberated Borg Ash'kaar could serve as an intermediary pointing the player's faction (Probably UFP) towards information about a growing split in the collective. The player's delima is whether or not to risk their ship and crew to assist the rebellious drones or to investigate an alpha quadrant race that has access to Borg technology (and if it wasn't careful, might have an infestation to worry about).

Still just bouncing ideas around that come up through this thread.

Handle is @Heissenburg

Will likely be securing Temporal Ambassador for my last character later today and then working on "Do Crystal Spider's Dream" a little more. I've been having some trouble with makeshift time'd event triggers (Setting allied ships to kill enemy ships to trigger something else). I don't have a "Component Destroyed" trigger option only "Component Complete" and that only seems to trigger if the player is involved. Also, ground maps are taking me a little while. I don't have any really impressive surprises like I've seen the rest of you putting forward, but I hope it will be an enjoyable entry all the same.

Last edited by heissenburg; 02-13-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 118
02-13-2013, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heissenburg View Post
Ricky's idea sounds awesome, and I definately like the idea of giving the players a choice and using the player reviews to organize future messages.

I think about what could be the growing crisis looming from my side is. I mean it could be as simple as "do we focus our energy on the Borg or (issue X way over there).

Conflict within the collective has been done before in TNG with Hugh and Lore and in Voyager with the Borg Dream-world.

That could play into the Ash'kaar story if I can find a way to make custome drones. A liberated Borg Ash'kaar could serve as an intermediary pointing the player's faction (Probably UFP) towards information about a growing split in the collective. The player's delima is whether or not to risk their ship and crew to assist the rebellious drones or to investigate an alpha quadrant race that has access to Borg technology (and if it wasn't careful, might have an infestation to worry about).

Still just bouncing ideas around that come up through this thread.

Handle is @Heissenburg

Will likely be securing Temporal Ambassador for my last character later today and then working on "Do Crystal Spider's Dream" a little more. I've been having some trouble with makeshift time'd event triggers (Setting allied ships to kill enemy ships to trigger something else). I don't have a "Component Destroyed" trigger option only "Component Complete" and that only seems to trigger if the player is involved. Also, ground maps are taking me a little while. I don't have any really impressive surprises like I've seen the rest of you putting forward, but I hope it will be an enjoyable entry all the same.
When I can publish "Depths of Nukara Prime" anyone who wants to do a mission following on from what happend there are more than welcome too. (and what will happen will definatly attract the attention of the Federation.)

I can show you how to make Female custom drones... (cant get males to work) which works fine as the Ask'kaar are a female dominate race.. that and their rather easy to make too... I was going to make something alien looking but decided.. "i'll do it the trek way" so i gave them a nose detail and boom.. done.
Ensign
# 119
02-13-2013, 07:05 PM
Hi all. I've been following this discussion and really enjoying it.

Since the only group left looks to be the Ferengi, I'd be willing to take them.

I haven't been able to be ingame for a while because of work commitments, but I think this sort of structured story is just the thing I need to get back into the Foundry.

Since the Tholians have come up, I'll offer an idea I've been playing with for a while. The STO version of the Star Trek universe has basically drawn a line between the Tholian interest in space-time gates/phenomena and the Iconians.

I've been thinking alot about whether the Tholians might be a long lost branch of the Iconian species, or one of the groups that bombarded the Iconian homeworld (and took from their experience under Iconian rule an interest in gateways in space-time).

Just a thought. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

My ingame name is @mygoditsfullofstars.
Rihannsu
# 120
02-13-2013, 07:54 PM
Hmm... ST, especially TOS, had several references to races tha had imigrated to the milky Way from Andromeda. On of the (non canon) computer games had the idea that the Tholians were one of those races.

But... The Tholians have always been monkeying with stuff like that. Seriously, the FIRST episode with the Tholians had them experimenting with rifts between universes.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.