Former PWE Community Team Lead
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, February 14th, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
02-13-2013, 08:19 PM
Nice... so no more fleet marks for foundary missions eh?

Why do I get the feeling thats gonna go over like a lead balloon? Not trying to betray the bad news but... seems like a decided negative... granted 50 marks every 15 minutes might be a little excessive... but taking them out entirely? why not let the FM farmers have 50 marks for the 1st run through the spotlight or some such... Just a thought... at least it'd be a little less.... hrm... harsh I spose is the word...
Rihannsu
# 3
02-13-2013, 08:20 PM
Take a week, heck take a month ... I dont care.
Career Officer
# 4
02-13-2013, 08:22 PM
Calling it now, the Foundry mission change is going to send fleet progression rate hurtling downwards at an absurd rate. Especially when you factor in the absurd flark costs for some of the higher-tier upgrades, it puts them basically out of reach of any small or not overly active fleet. Its not fair to the people who want the T4 and T5 fleet ships.

The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
PS: My show is actually at 0200 GMT these days. I really need to dig up the PSD for that signature and redo it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2013, 08:26 PM
You guys messed up the Temporal Disruption Device. It now has half damage but still same 19 second cooldown. Its damage is now 3,255.2 kinetic which is half of what it is on holodeck right now. The cooldown for it is still 19 seconds!!! Either double the damage or else cut the cooldown in half! This needs to be fixed before it goes to holodeck!

P.S. WHy does it have a 30 second cooldown after firing off a torp spread... That doesn't even make sense.

1: its cooldown isn't cut in half, but damage is.
2: its cooldown after using a torp ability is 30 seconds for no visible reason. Why wouldn't it just be 19 seconds like the regular cooldown? I hope when you guys get around to fixing this you cut the cooldown in half. Make the cooldown uniform and not 30 seconds for torp spread or high yield make it 9 seconds for everything.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=490421 We want this help build support!
Captain
# 6
02-13-2013, 08:31 PM
So "Temporal Ambassador" is level 25 now? I don't think that makes sense ... most players will already be accustomed to their standard Commander-level ships by then and won't want to change. Or they will, and they'll only be able to really enjoy their Ambassador for five levels at most. And that doesn't account for the fact that many players will hit Admiral before they even get to that mission.

Level 20 or even earlier makes more sense to me. That way more people will be able to benefit from it.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Lieutenant
# 7
02-13-2013, 09:03 PM
Does anyone else find it odd that they nerfed the FM on the foundry at the same time the Large Fleets have made it to T5? Are they attempting to kill all the small fleets so we have to join the large ones?
Captain
# 8
02-13-2013, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zardonfar View Post
Does anyone else find it odd that they nerfed the FM on the foundry at the same time the Large Fleets have made it to T5? Are they attempting to kill all the small fleets so we have to join the large ones?
More likely they just want to slow fleets' progression so they can drag out starbase grinding as long as possible.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 9
02-13-2013, 09:10 PM
I love the Omega DOFF addition. Can't wait for that.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Captain
# 10
02-13-2013, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zardonfar View Post
My guess is that they're trying to herd players to certain content, and not use any one thing to the point on ignoring other things the devs spent time on developing. It was very easy to make FMs in a half-decent quantity without ever touching the fleet events using the Foundry. Problem is the 'carrot on a stick' followed by the cattle prod method they seem to like using lately.

That and sell lock box keys to open lock boxes and DOff packs which have a chance of giving a Fleet Marks booster pool (which otherwise can only be gotten by spending more FC than you can get back using it)...
Closed Thread