Career Officer
# 11
02-13-2013, 10:16 PM
#1 The T3 Ambassador ship requires level 20 commander to use and you are now requiring players to be level 25 before they can even obtain it, only giving them 5 levels instead of 10 to make use of it before they get their next free ship that is slightly better? Good thing I did that mission and got my ships on all of my characters already.

#2 I see no mention at all about the Yesterday's Enterprise "Uniform" being removed or staying as a reward in the Temporal Ambassador episode. Not in the patch notes, or anywhere else on the forums. (Please post a link if it's been officially mentioned.)

#3 You are making it so the Breen Chel Grett Warpship 2012 starbase ornament is off by default and has to be turned on manually ONLY for the KDF and not Federation fleets. This is something players have been requesting since the project was introduced.
#3A It is nice you made a change to allow fleet leaders to manually cancel the project themselves instead of removing it yourselves. Originally you stated the project has to be filled and the timer finished before you removed it, which would have left fleets who filled it at the last minute, but still had the timer going, at a complete and total loss to get it.
#3B Also, now you have the tech to allow fleet projects and reputation projects to be cancelled and have no excuse not to implement it later.

#4 No dual pistols for the Romulan Reputation Store?

Quote:
Decreased the duration of Romulan Distress Call items.
WTF? I'm not one to spend dilithium on consumable items and, until checking the STO wiki just now, never knew how many you get. You get 1! 1250 dilithium and up just for a single use item and now, for those who like using them, you decrease the amount of time it lasts without decreasing the costs to obtain it? You also don't mention what the new duration is, leaving people to find out AFTER purchasing it. Also, these types of reputation projects don't show how many uses you get. That's why I've never purchased them. Not risking spending 1250+ dilithium on an item I might get a single use of, which turns out to be the case. Not worth it.

Edit:
Quote:
The Foundry daily missions have been replaced. - The existing daily missions have been removed.
Um, excuse me but WHAT foundry daily missions? You are not being specific as to which missions you are referring to. If you are referring to the "Investigate Officer Reports" (which to my knowledge was the ONLY foundry daily before) did you guys forget that a while back you turned that into a REPEATABLE mission that can be completed once every 30 minutes instead of a daily? Why aren't you being more specific?

#7 I never really cared for doing foundry missions. Not even to get fleet marks. But I share the sentiments that others have about you screwing over the rewards in this manner.

Last edited by monkeybone13; 02-13-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Career Officer
# 12
02-13-2013, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybone13 View Post
#2 I see no mention at all about the Yesterday's Enterprise "Uniform" being removed or staying as a reward in the Temporal Ambassador episode. Not in the patch notes, or anywhere else on the forums. (Please post a link if it's been officially mentioned.)

They have already said that the costume pieces are staying around as a reward for the mission after tomorrow. Just can't remember where it was posted of the top of my head.

The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
PS: My show is actually at 0200 GMT these days. I really need to dig up the PSD for that signature and redo it.
Career Officer
# 13
02-13-2013, 10:30 PM
Well, you're supposed to get FLEET marks from FLEET events, right? I guess removing it from IOR makes sense, even though fleets can group up to do it anyway...

Still, a bit of a bump in fleet mark earnings from current fleet missions would be nice to fill the void.
@HyperLimited - Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinn74 View Post
Maybe if the expansion was as great as they claim, people wouldn't be anywhere near Japori. Just sayin'.
Commander
# 14
02-13-2013, 10:35 PM
How about fixing the damn random disconnects?
Career Officer
# 15
02-13-2013, 10:46 PM
When is there going to be a fix for the maco and kdf adapted set visuals, i mean really, is that to much asking for this huge dev team to fix by now???
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Captain
# 16
02-13-2013, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
Well, you're supposed to get FLEET marks from FLEET events, right? I guess removing it from IOR makes sense, even though fleets can group up to do it anyway...
Except none of the FLEET actions reward ANY fleet marks whatsoever...
Captain
# 17
02-13-2013, 11:07 PM
I love how half of tthe patch notes are things that only went to Tribble today...

Seriously... you guys need to hire someone to tell you when you're making boneheaded choices... I'll gladly do that job... if it meant your development team would actually function like one...
Career Officer
# 18
02-13-2013, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post

Still, a bit of a bump in fleet mark earnings from current fleet missions would be nice to fill the void.
Yes I understand that and have no problem with fleet marks being removed as a foundry reward, as long as they intend to increase the amount we can get from fleet actions.

Examples: Federation Fleet Alert (defeat the waves of enemies and the final siege group while keeping the starbase from being destroyed before time runs out). Maximum amount of fleet marks upon successful complete = 17 (22 during 2 hour bonus fleet mark event). That's it. If you do this fleet action on a character in the level 10-15 range you're lucky if you can complete it successfully before time runs out. Nothing worse than doing squat for damage, even though you're bumped up to about level 44, only to fail this and get a measly 10 fleet marks if you're lucky.

Starbase Fleet Defense: Takes around a half hour to complete. I haven't done this mission in a long time. Takes too long for little reward and I've never ever seen it completed 100% successfully.

Azura Nebula Rescue: Not worth the time. You have 15 minutes mandatory to rescue as many ships as you can and each type of ship gives so many points. Sometimes each asteroid spawns only 1 or 2 point ships for half or most of the mission. On rare occasions after engaging Tholians around a ship to be rescued, a group of about 5 or so Mirror Universe ships will spawn right on top of you. So you end up having the Tholians AND Mirror ships to deal with before you can rescue a ship which ends up taking too much time and you miss out on scoring more points. One time I did this about 3 weeks ago, 1 player was tanking the Tholians away from the ship. I went right under the ship and started to release the tractor beams. That's when a group of mirror ships spawned on top of ME, used a tractor beam on ME, and attacked ME, and I had to start fighting. Took a good 2 minutes or so for the rest of the team to get done freeing other ships and come help us. 2 minutes that could have been spend freeing another ship, or 2 if your team split up.
The reason why I say this mission isn't even worth doing: No matter how many ships you free or how many points you score the absolute maximum reward you earn is 18 Romulan Marks (22 during bonus rep event) and 6 fleet marks (8 during bonus fleet mark event). And due to Mirror Universe ships spawning, and/or a not so good team, I've managed to get only about 13 or less Romulan Marks for completing this on more than one occasion.

I remember with the announcement about the changes to the foundry where a mission needs to take at least 15 minutes to qualify for Investigate Officer Reports, Cryptic stated they wanted to reward us for the amount of time spent doing something. I took this as meaning: the longer it takes, the more you earn. Not true in the slightest. It takes a mandatory 15 minutes to complete Azura Nebula Rescue for a maximum 18 Romulan Marks. Hell, I can complete 3 dailies, excluding the instances, on New Romulus to earn 30 Romulan Marks in that same amount of time. But I guess that's what they want us to do for Romulan Marks. I don't do them anymore. I've decided that if I need Romulan Marks, I'll just team up, tag Epohhs, evolve them, then trade it in.

It also seems like almost nobody even does Mine Trap anymore. It takes forever to get into. I actually like that mission and it awards around 22 Romulan Marks, possibly more depending on how well everybody does.

In Infected: The Conduit Elite you have 15 minutes to earn the bonus, as long as you do it right, for a minimum of 75 Omega marks. Even without the bonus you still earn 60 Omega marks. And often times I can complete Infected: The Conduit Elite STF with a good 5 or more minutes to spare and that includes the bonus.

Last edited by monkeybone13; 02-13-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Captain
# 19
02-13-2013, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Last time I checked, the season 6 fleet actions do reward fleet marks. There are also the older ones that randomly have a daily that rewards fleet marks.
Ensign
# 20
02-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
true.
"breaking the planet", "the big dig", "gorn minefield", "klingon scout force", "starbase 24" all labelled fleet action but none giving fleet mark. only 1 big dig daily gives it, and it can be taken once a day.
at least make all fleet actions giving fleet mark so they can be entitled "fleet action".
Closed Thread