Career Officer
# 31
02-13-2013, 11:22 PM
I'm kind of conflicted on the Foundry repeatable change.

On the one hand Dil rewards scaling to the time spent playing the mission means I can finally play those epic 2+ hour missions without feeling like I'm missing out by not micromanaging my time to earn Dil as effacingly as possible. This is an awesome change.

On the other hand, I find most of the fleet mission content incredibly boring and Foundry repeatable was my main source of fleet marks. Losing that sucks.

And on the third mutant hand, with Dsthal talking about Foundry Reputation as a possibility in the future I was already kind of expecting Foundry fleet marks to disappear sooner or later. So, meh?

As for the placement of "Temporal Ambassador," I have my doubts. With the way leveling was speedup in the F2P conversion I personally don't think it's possible to for a new player to run from the Tutorial through the end of the Klingon Front without hitting Captain. I guess we'll see.
Career Officer
# 32
02-13-2013, 11:26 PM
Vividh, also I don't agree with everything, there was Gold in your post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividh View Post
Well done...

Removed the FM' award from the foundry....

Made the dil to Scale - whats the point of doing this? In order to get the dil the missions have to be long enough - so is that gone now? I can get a certain amount of dil for ALL missions since they now scale? - EXPLAIN please
I hope our 15 minutes-quickies will still give 960 Dilithium, but those Missions that take hours should give you more. I hope a 1 hour Mission will give you 4x 960 Dilithium = 3,840 Dilithium.

Quote:
Now that Fleet Marks are now GONE from the foundry - can you INCREASE the amount of marks we get from doing Fleet alert etc? for 15 mins we get only 15-18 marks... on the other hand a 15min STF gives us over 60 marks... 75 with the optional.

Why cant STF's also give fleet marks? Why cant they be balanced?

The only way I will get my fleet marks is through the commendation system...

This will slow down my already small fleet.
Add Fleetmarks to all team-based content. Add/Increase the amount by a scaled number - scaled on average playtime and chance of success. This means for STFs maybe 10 Fleetmarks per run, on Elite-difficulty 20, exception Hive Onslaught and Into the Hive, those give 20% Bonus, ...

Quote:

Why cant the projects also SCALE to the size of the fleet - you managed to scale them for everything else now it seems...

Instead of tweaking the rewards all the time, why not fix the place we USE them for...

NOT HAPPY.
That would lead to 1-man Fleets, at least for the time it takes to chain-up all projects, then the members are reinvited and have got only 1/25th (if it really scaled on the size) to contribute. Cryptic told us those Projects were based on the number of 25 members.
First one half of the so called Community complains: "Give us instant access to all veteran rewards, for going lifetime.", then the other half of the same Community complains: "I've earned 1000 Day membership, I want a special reward.".
Stop complaining, if it is enough for you, you could have the "Captains Table" for the real veterans, I don't want access to another dead social zone...
Republic Veteran
# 33
02-13-2013, 11:30 PM
Hmmm......here's an idea: FIX THE SERVER NOT RESPONDINGS!

[6/24 23:12] [Combat (Self)] Your Thalaron Pulse deals 126254 (48978) Radiation Damage to Tactical Cube. Hehe. Suck it Borg!
[10/8 15:47] [Combat (Self)] Crystalline Entity deals 98082 (147136) Kinetic Damage to you with Warp Core Breach. WUT? I blame Kurland for this and all other problems in STO.
Captain
# 34
02-13-2013, 11:31 PM
Pretty sure we're getting a Foundry personal rep faction in season 8. It's the only way anyone will ever touch Foundry again.

I assume there is a boost to fleet marks in other areas coming. Kind of odd not to implement that all at once since it is clearly required.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Career Officer
# 35
02-13-2013, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by torsten1009 View Post
Vividh, also I don't agree with everything, there was Gold in your post:

I hope our 15 minutes-quickies will still give 960 Dilithium, but those Missions that take hours should give you more. I hope a 1 hour Mission will give you 4x 960 Dilithium = 3,840 Dilithium.

Add Fleetmarks to all team-based content. Add/Increase the amount by a scaled number - scaled on average playtime and chance of success. This means for STFs maybe 10 Fleetmarks per run, on Elite-difficulty 20, exception Hive Onslaught and Into the Hive, those give 20% Bonus, ...

That would lead to 1-man Fleets, at least for the time it takes to chain-up all projects, then the members are reinvited and have got only 1/25th (if it really scaled on the size) to contribute. Cryptic told us those Projects were based on the number of 25 members.

I think they will cap the foundry dil reward to 1440 - not too sure, but I think they will do that.

Our 15 min 960dil foundry mission reward... - im just not sure about that anymore - I would rather do an STF in that time and get 960dil + the chance of BNP's which is even more dil , not the mention the marks that is a standard 500dil reward if turned in directly.

In order to fix the 1-man fleet issue they could just add a simple scale

1-5 members = X
5 - 10 members = 2x

and so on... so even if there is a one-man fleet - it wont be easy

As for the reinvite - if the number of members increases - the projects automatically adjust - that is quite a simple system to avoid any problems
Leader of the Lost 9th Fleet
Admin on DPS-10k, 20k
In game: @vividh

Last edited by vividh; 02-13-2013 at 11:35 PM. Reason: incomplete post :S
Survivor of Romulus
# 36
02-13-2013, 11:44 PM
Congradulations cryptic...you killed the foundry again...yes you kileld the 15 minute ones....but you killed it none the less...all you had to do was increase the CD time to like 5 hours per or longer instead of the 30 minutes it is/was....you REALLY don't know what you are doing to hurt your own game.......for fleet marks that is....as othesr have posted, you can easily get the dilth rewarded here from stfs.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Career Officer
# 37
02-13-2013, 11:47 PM
What i want to know is why you guys haven't fixed the bugged mines since the game was released!!??
Its not enough that some of us accidentally bought, even fleet mines with a damage buff. Now they are useless really because NONE OF THE DAMAGE BUFFS WORK ON THE MINES.

It would really be nice if you guys could fix all the bugged mines in this update.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 02-13-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Career Officer
# 38
02-13-2013, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybone13 View Post
#1 The T3 Ambassador ship requires level 20 commander to use and you are now requiring players to be level 25 before they can even obtain it, only giving them 5 levels instead of 10 to make use of it before they get their next free ship that is slightly better? Good thing I did that mission and got my ships on all of my characters already.
^^^
Agree with this - the mission should be available to a Level 20 character. It's a bit nuts to make them obtain 5 Levels (which is really easy to do) and only get a chance to effectively use the T3 Ambassador for 4 levels or less (I assume they'll hit Level 26 once they've turned in Temporal Ambassador).
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-14-2013, 12:11 AM
well...
Reduced the cooldown of both of these weapon types from 60sec to 30sec.
Their damage has been halved as a result of this cooldown reduction, keeping their Damage-per-Second constant. this is awesome, at least for me, 'cuz now it can crit more often and will do more dmg

no more FM from foundry? 50FM every 30min was too much in my opinion but they shouldn't remove all of them... i understand they want to make the players to play fleet events aswell but come on... romve all the FM from foundry? i thought the point of the foundry reward was to make us to play more and more the foundry missions...

i see in this patch note a lot of useless things...text problem fixed and so on...
what about the killing shot from the tactical cube in elite infected stf? i still don't understand why is still there? we are dying and we there is nothing that we can do to protect us from that shot...

they fix harmless bugs and let things like invisible killing shot to exist... i think they work for donuts!!! this is why they will never have more then a few hundreds of thousands of players and they will never hit 1 million players!
EPIC FAIL AGAIN

ps: this is not trolling or flaming! this only my opinion about your work!

If we all live in boxes that doesn't mean my box is the same color like yours
Career Officer
# 40
02-14-2013, 12:16 AM
*sight*...and again small fleets are coming to a halt until they show mercy and change something.
but honestly: who cares?
the fleet thing is in the meantime nothing more than a stepchild, nothing new and a useless ressources/dilithium grave.
a barrel without a bottom

the dilithium amounts needed to reach the wished tier is one thing and what you have again to spend for getting your gear is making the fleetbase useless.
when you calculate the amounts to equipp yourself and your ship with fleetgear and you dont need the best of the best of the best you get for this amount endless equipment at the exchange
there is still no good reason to goof around at the fleetbase.

i am sitting this change again out and wait what happens to the fleetbase in the further future.
may my fleetbase rest in peace.
amen
"Be excellent to each other and Party on Dudes!"
Closed Thread