Career Officer
# 11
02-13-2013, 04:44 PM
I've always found Torp-B'rels annoying at best but altogether, ineffective, especially in Cap N' Hold. Dumping a bunch of mines, torps without engaging the target at all allows the target to simply sit there and either just BFI or target AoE. Without someone to distract their target's attention or work on bringing down their shields, that B'rel might as well be decloaking and blowing bubbles at it's target.

With a blanket nerf to Trics inc, I suspect many players will be shelving their B'rels in the near future.
Captain
# 12
02-13-2013, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomicile View Post
I've always found Torp-B'rels annoying at best but altogether, ineffective, especially in Cap N' Hold. Dumping a bunch of mines, torps without engaging the target at all allows the target to simply sit there and either just BFI or target AoE. Without someone to distract their target's attention or work on bringing down their shields, that B'rel might as well be decloaking and blowing bubbles at it's target.

With a blanket nerf to Trics inc, I suspect many players will be shelving their B'rels in the near future.
It made me tink of dusting mine off lol. 15 second shared cooldown for basically what the PSWTorp console gives you. Add in the PSWTorp console, PSW and photonic doffs, VM and SS makes for a lot of stuns and other debuffs. The mines still do just shy of 20k damage w/3 tric boosting consoles, 2 part KHG and EBC buff, while the torps 10. If nothing else it'd be an anti ES build.
Captain
# 13
02-14-2013, 02:16 AM
Yeah at least now you won't get twisted at for using them
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Captain
# 14
02-14-2013, 02:35 AM
A B'rel torp boat can easily get on the top in damage in pvp if it is piloted by a tac. Using 3 transphasic torps and cluster torp up front and transphasic mines in back you can easily get lots of kills. The trick is to suddenly spike them with multiple transphasic attacks while fully tac buffed.

You should activate torpedo high yield and tac initiative or have a second torp skill ready 15 seconds before attacking, this will let you immediatley fire off a second high yield salvo after this first one.

Before firing the torps, you want to activate all buffs and be at point blank range and drop DPB3 transphasic mines on them and release the cluster torp at the same time so they will have hard time shooting it down. Sometimes this is enough to kill the target already.

Now you fire your torpedo high yield salvo and immediatley fire another one. If the target is still alive both of these high yields should have caused enough procs from torpedo doffs to reload the cluster and that should help finish him.
Captain
# 15
02-14-2013, 05:18 AM
Your better off with quantums... but the theory is pretty much sound.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
# 16
02-14-2013, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Your better off with quantums... but the theory is pretty much sound.
Only when your opponent forgets to actually equip his shields.
Captain
# 17
02-14-2013, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrimcorsair View Post
Only when your opponent forgets to actually equip his shields.
Even if he does... phasics are still pathetic. You won't kill anyone with phasics alone through shields. Might as well run quantums try your best to strip the shields... and in fact kill people when a shield does go down.

Phasics are just not anywhere near burst enough to kill anymore. They shone for about a month there.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
# 18
02-14-2013, 07:42 AM
They're still alright. You probably won't burst a person down on your own with 'em in a split second, but as part of an entire shield bypassing offense they still play a useful role. Remember too that mines, Cluster Torps, HYT Transphasics, TBR's, Grav Wells, and FBP's can all be put up virtually simultaneously by the same ship. Do it with a buddy or two or three and it gets close to hilarious at how quickly you can circumvent shields and deal damage.

Unlike Shield Stripping and using quantums where you have to have to break their shields which may or may not be even possible to do single-handedly (given the prevalence of shield heals and the strength of Insulators VS Shield Drains) to connect your torps with the target's hull.
Captain
# 19
02-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Even if he does... phasics are still pathetic. You won't kill anyone with phasics alone through shields. Might as well run quantums try your best to strip the shields... and in fact kill people when a shield does go down.

Phasics are just not anywhere near burst enough to kill anymore. They shone for about a month there.
They are when using the cluster and procing doffs to keep reloading it quickly, that combined with maxing crit bonuses out and spamming mines and torps salvos is often enough spike damage. Timing it so all of these attacks hit within a few seconds of each other and getting a lot of crits in can do the job. Also lots of people running plasma builds too, so this supplements their hull damage of anyone on your team with this.

I been on the receiving end of combined plasma and trans attack as well as using it, not very fun lol.