Career Officer
# 61
02-14-2013, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
except the torps got a buff. sure lower damage and all aside. they have a faster up time that has a disable.
I kind of agree with the sentiment. Now with a 30s cooldown it is possible to use a single tric torp together with a HY or TS without wasting cooldowns. This opens up the tricobalt for some experiments as a part of "normal" builds .

On the other hand this change could potentially end the tricobalt as the smallsam oneshot wonder weapon. I don't know enough about tricobalts to make any precise predictions, but I would be sad to see this particular build go the way of the dodo.
http://hilbertguide.com
Lt. Commander
# 62
02-14-2013, 06:06 AM
Can a 5 man team with 2 tric torps perma-lock-down a target?

5 torpedos hit it every 15 seconds, they only have to spread out a little.
Captain
# 63
02-14-2013, 06:10 AM
Well seeing as the torps are still destructible there pretty much beyond junk now. At least before they where the hail mary play. Now even if you set up the perfect shot its not going to kill anyone... and 30s... so what if anyone was really serious about torps... they where running doffs and other torps... I think I could get trics down to around 20s or so on my brel pretty consistent.

The mines will be more annoying for the stun... the torps will be beyond junk. I would have said they just wanted to sell more time torps... but I guess those got a nerf to. lol
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Starfleet Veteran
# 64
02-14-2013, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Well seeing as the torps are still destructible there pretty much beyond junk now.
except every nub either uses them point blank or at 3 km. maybe if the escourt player would use it at either 2 km or 1.5ish it would work. heck even use a tractor ffs.........people need to think out side the box
Captain
# 65
02-14-2013, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
The PvP community is once again showing its inconsistency.

Borticus came to OrganizedPvP to ask for exactly that change. We discussed it there, gave him feedback, which, apart from certain people replying with totally unrelated pet ideas of their own, received positive feedback. I think there was also a forum thread about it.

So why this outrage now, after they started to do something about the problems with trics so many have posted about.

Ladies and Gentlemen, you cannot both have your cake, and eat it.

If anything, such threads tell the devs not to do anything about balance by the PvP community's bidding.

The damage of roughly 10k that torps will now have is still quite useful, and buffed with the magic tac powers, will still be deadly to the less durable ships.
I was there for that chat and that isn't how the series of events went down at all. Borticus basically came into chat with this whole cooldown reduction idea set in his mind; it was not originally suggested to him by anyone.

This is important: it tells us that Bort likely wasn't taking our input very seriously in the first place. Myself and a few others told him in the chat how there could be some problems with his approach and I personally suggested another solution. I'm not faulting the guy but I do have to wonder why he asked for our opinions when he'd apparently made his mind up before entering the channel.

I should also add that no one requested the devs to work on the tricobalt torps. The issue the entire time, and I must stress this again, was with the changes Cryptic made to tric mines interacting with patterns.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Starfleet Veteran
# 66
02-14-2013, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
I remember a chat with Borticus and several long-term OrganizedPvP chat channel members, where he proposed exactly this solution. Obviously, not everybody could possibly be there, but the feedback that he asked for and got was, in its majority, positive in that channel chat. In fact, I don't remember a single negative reply, if we agree that "I have another idea, which is much better!!!"-comments have no place in such dicussions.

And once again, like always, I will just say this: Why not just try it out for a week, instead of making a undoubtedly error-prone prognosis of any kind and demand action due to it?
i agree with this post 100% to be honest i dont know why people are getting upset with tric torp changes. i like it. hey people can knock it. they just arent as good as they think they are then. they did not look at every angle. and now my tric torp can deal with extend spam now with out use of psw while putting a torp in that gap of sheilds. i dont even need 2 tric torps just to deal with cd.

right now i have to use 2 of these torp which gimps me because im not using a 4dhc load out. its a 2 dhc load out. sure it hurts targets when i get them. sure it will do less soon, but least now i have the option to use 1 and 3 dhc.
Starfleet Veteran
# 67
02-14-2013, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
I was there for that chat and that isn't how the series of events went down at all. Borticus basically came into chat with this whole cooldown reduction idea set in his mind; it was not originally suggested to him by anyone.

This is important: it tells us that Bort likely wasn't taking our input very seriously in the first place. Myself and a few others told him in the chat how there could be some problems with his approach and I personally suggested another solution. I'm not faulting the guy but I do have to wonder why he asked for our opinions when he'd apparently made his mind up before entering the channel.

I should also add that no one requested the devs to work on the tricobalt torps. The issue the entire time, and I must stress this again, was with the changes Cryptic made to tric mines interacting with patterns.
sorry shim but your very wrong on your facts here. most people did agree with it.

people did ask for tric torps to be messed with. i for 1 am glad about the change. if everyone hates the change then i need to ask this, has anyone really used the torp? the people up in arms about it? ummmm....no. you guys are upset about an item you dont even use
Commander
# 68
02-14-2013, 07:10 AM
That's funny, because I remember being in OPvP for something like that, as well as an entire thread here on the forums, full of better ideas than this. Just because they decided to go the mindless nerf route doesn't mean that better ideas weren't offered.

Mines and mechanics related to them were a problem. The only thing Tric Torps needed was a reversion back to the days before they were modified by high yield and spread.
# 69
02-14-2013, 07:15 AM
The Temporal Disruption Device is used, and I always thought it was odd with its 60 second cooldown after using a torp ability now its 30 second and not the 20 second it should've been in the first place. So we now know that it has some legacy tricobalt coding since its damaged was halved, and has that messed up timer after torp abilities. I hope a dev fixes those issues and maybe even give it a speed boost. Probes out run it in KASE.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=490421 We want this help build support!
Starfleet Veteran
# 70
02-14-2013, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehale View Post
That's funny, because I remember being in OPvP for something like that, as well as an entire thread here on the forums, full of better ideas than this. Just because they decided to go the mindless nerf route doesn't mean that better ideas weren't offered.
except you think this was a nerf which clearly is not