Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,053
# 11
02-14-2013, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
Because it is a mission the a large number of players enjoy to run?
Oh yes, and the boff grinders are just SUCH an excellent way to test your builds. No ulterior motives, I promise.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,080
# 12
02-14-2013, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Oh yes, and the boff grinders are just SUCH an excellent way to test your builds. No ulterior motives, I promise.
Straw man. I did not suggest a boff grinder try again.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 873
# 13
02-14-2013, 06:43 AM
We play it with a 5 man team set to elite to practice tanking and team healing.

+vote from me
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 603
# 14
02-14-2013, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
Because it is a mission the a large number of players enjoy to run?

It is not one of the uber grind missions that gives silly great rewards like say battleship 1 on 1 than I can complete in about 4 minutes. BRR takes around 8-12 typically.

Why you gotta hate on players that like to do something like blow up ships instead of read storyline? I don't hate on your preference...
Personally, from a gameplay standpoint, my issue with the mission is that it still is designed to minimize risk to the player, its very hard to die playing it, but I agree it is far superior to say Farm 101 where even with the timid change, its still a bloody turkey shoot for lootz.

Personally I don't care for it, and think its on the edge of the abyss that is tipping the risk/reward curve the wrong way, but I just don't find it entertaining, which is my main reason for not playing it. As always your mileage may differ.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,463
# 15
02-14-2013, 06:45 AM
I agree. It's probably the best-liked, most-played mission out there. The only mission which I'd play on a regular basis, even after the FM rewards are gone.

Quote:
Personally, from a gameplay standpoint, my issue with the mission is that it still is designed to minimize risk to the player, its very hard to die playing it, but I agree it is far superior to say Farm 101 where even with the timid change, its still a bloody turkey shoot for lootz.
Give it a try on Elite, then.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,053
# 16
02-14-2013, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post



Give it a try on Elite, then.
Uber Lootz for you! Clearly that is worthy of a spotlight! not.

Last edited by kirksplat; 02-14-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,080
# 17
02-14-2013, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Uber Lootz for you! Clearly that is worthy of a spotlight! not.
It is a well designed mission. Even the beloved Flake has said as much. That is what the spotlight is for, to showcase well designed enjoyable missions of every variety and flavor.

You like the book, I like the movie. Thankfully they make both for a reason. Although that is only partial true I do really enjoy a good book, Brent Weeks FTW!!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 78
# 18
02-14-2013, 07:05 AM
I agree... but it will never happen because like with the fleet marks if BRR gets to spotlight you will have foundry autors cryings nerd rage on:"omg they dont play our missions... our missions are way better... our missions are true trekkie style"
and because of their crying, we now are not able to get the best way to farm fleet marks... and BRR will never be a spotlight mission... and for me is one of the most fun missions out there... and they forget that the players that really spend time on this game are SPACE players that like PVP and like to BLOW THINGS UP!!!

brr as a spotlight mission you have my support because everything else is just boring...

Edit: The Spotlight is reserved for story missions. I played through this when it was suggested for the spotlight via an in-game mail and I had to pass due to the lack of story Thanks for the suggestion though! -Brandon

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 02-14-2013 at 07:10 AM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:57 AM.