Captain
# 71
02-14-2013, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khhawkes View Post
My brain went wandering down this path as I read the thread over. Could they be trying to slow kill STO in favor of their next game NWN?

Well they have all your monies already (lol25bucksforaship and lol5bucksforasimplerespec), most of the important staff would get a plum job on nwn without fuss, they would not have to pay money to cbs so more profit and of course as they start from scratch, they can start the 'uber lock box lootz' power creep from step one with a whole new group of sucker, err consumers who will pay through the nose for the chance at 'enchanted armor x with new upgrade jewel for uber dps', even if said chance is less than being hit by a meteorite

Its entirely possible, but I doubt it is in this case - in this case I think its just bad decisions on the level of calling the Titanic 'unsinkable' or calling a Sumo wrestler a 'fatso' or naming a shuttle 'invincible' then taking it into an estf hive
Starfleet Veteran
# 72
02-14-2013, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Nice, so I shouldn't be concerned that it actually worked for me ?
Yeah, I can't get that as well. The Custom Option always worked and it was the only way to see Foundry Missions from other languages than English. I don't want to switch my games language just to see German foundry missions for example.

Sorry, those foundry changes were planned by an ape on drugs it seems.
Career Officer
# 73
02-14-2013, 07:25 AM
all I can say... is this makes the Romulan Covert Operatives infinitely better, and that makes me a happy person XD
# 74
02-14-2013, 07:25 AM
No Valentine's Day Event?
Captain
# 75
02-14-2013, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riddlins View Post
No Valentine's Day Event?
No, just Bloody (Nerfing) Valentines :p
Ensign
# 76 Fleet Marks
02-14-2013, 07:27 AM
Fleet admirals will now have a horrendous time encouraging their fleet members to get fleet marks. The rewards are too small and the number of missions too few to make this into a "Fleet event".

So we will see fleet projects hanging around waiting to be completed for months, which will be very discouraging. Players need to see maintainable progression, this change will frustrate all the fleets as I believe people are underestimating how many marks were being generated through the foundary. No one has asked me where I get my marks from....I just quietly contribute them when I have a few hundred.

I hope that fleet mark rewards will be scaled up or something will replace the method we were using to earn fleet marks.

I don't accept that Foundary missions were not related to "Fleet", simply by BEING in a fleet everything you do is related to your fleet. Your individual progression is important to your fleet, if you earn 8k dil every day, doesn't matter where from, you will contribute some of it your fleet. Explore missions are not fleet related, but you contribute some of the dilithium from those missions to your fleet!

Cryptic, please re-think.
Lieutenant
# 77 That Would Kill Large Fleets
02-14-2013, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vividh View Post
Well done...

Removed the FM' award from the foundry....

Made the dil to Scale - whats the point of doing this? In order to get the dil the missions have to be long enough - so is that gone now? I can get a certain amount of dil for ALL missions since they now scale? - EXPLAIN please

Now that Fleet Marks are now GONE from the foundry - can you INCREASE the amount of marks we get from doing Fleet alert etc? for 15 mins we get only 15-18 marks... on the other hand a 15min STF gives us over 60 marks... 75 with the optional.

Why cant STF's also give fleet marks? Why cant they be balanced?

The only way I will get my fleet marks is through the commendation system...

This will slow down my already small fleet.

Why cant the projects also SCALE to the size of the fleet - you managed to scale them for everything else now it seems...

Instead of tweaking the rewards all the time, why not fix the place we USE them for...

NOT HAPPY.
Sir, if they scaled the fleet projects it would only kill large fleets. People that were inactive from the fleet for a while would get kicked, due to cutting costs. I just don't see your wish coming true. As for I, this will only kill alot of money I have been spending on fleet dill spending. So, big deal their loss, Im sure alot of other people won't be spending as much money either. When you can't get the marks as quick, than the dill spending goes way down. Less revenue for them. Its like they are cutting their own throats.

Last edited by shifter777; 02-14-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Ensign
# 78 Cant leave well enough alone
02-14-2013, 07:37 AM
Just cant leave well enough alone. You have turned this game into a grind fest and I feel when I log in everyday i have work to do, which I'm finding less and less fun. Sense F2P, or S7, we (the player) has been challenged to find the easiest and most effecient way to grind for marks ec's, and dilithium. If we dont spend enough time playing the things you wish us too, you the devs have only yourself to blame.
Republic Veteran
# 79
02-14-2013, 07:37 AM
What a sad sad patch.... no FM for Invest Off reports? What next?
Lieutenant
# 80
02-14-2013, 07:38 AM
Another patch another problem!

This is gonna backfire cryptic... Just like when you tried to tell us Fleet Doffs couldnt be used on projects an then you guys forgot to label them? Remember... you ruined the exchange for a bit and stalled everyone's progress?

Or back when you guys took dil out STF's... yeah that lasted a week or so before you guys rectified your error.

Both of these "Working as intended" debacles were a crock of %$&* and this one is too. You guys might as well start prepping the next patch for when you guys realize you shouldn't listen to the pizza delivery dude for what to put in the next patch!

Its dead Jim, the foundry is dead.

Cubeageddon - You are the last hope. Find it in the Foundry!
The Space Race - An alternate to PVP - In Foundry Now!
Closed Thread