Lt. Commander
# 171 To Nelix or not to Nelix
10-02-2009, 10:27 AM
To the guy who originally posted about the replicators and to the following....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Starblazer View Post
I would think they have more pressing concerns with the game
They have actually put in food replicators! It may have been just a one time instance but there was a hands on preview (not the Public PAX one) done by some group or another, it may have been Hailing Frequencies... I've slept since then but I remember once that something to the affect of the following happened:

STO Happenings... jibber jabber... more jib then, "I remember I was on the bridge and I checked out the replicator and I remember seeing the option for Tea-Earl Grey-Hot" <laughter ensues>

If you're an TNG or Picard fan you know what that means. Now if this was just a one time event made for the lucky nerds who got a hands on with the game or if this is an element of the game that is going to be truly implemented I have no honest clue, but it shows that some concerns and values might be skewed about haha. Myself though I cant wait to finally see a star trek toilet so we can finally get an answer of how we go to the restroom in the 25th century.

Hailing Frequency guys... I love your nerdiness so much it makes me feel normal and I mean that in a good way. If you haven't heard of these guys please visit them at www.hailingfrequency.com. Its a good pod cast for Trekkies and the Trekkie Gamers.
Lt. Commander
I was wondering, in general, how choosing your starter ship, like the excalibur for example, and the susequent missions you can take on directly affect player progression? Another way of looking at this question might be doe sthe ship you choose and the missions you take offer unique skill-building options even within the same starter profession like engineering? SO could an engineer on an Excalibur Class ship acquire unique skills that an engineer on a Oslo Class ship couldn't and vice versa?

Also, this was kind of hinted at but I would like a littl emore certainty on: If players initially choose to balance skills between different areas will they eventually be put in a situation where they must specialize in a very specific skill set or could they simply be the " Jack of all Trades" all the way up to Captain Status?
Lt. Commander
# 173
10-02-2009, 02:12 PM
So... Will our Bridge Officers, Captains, and such be able to die, and stuff? Or will crew members only be replaced by choice? If and when they ARE replaced, will their skills reset?
Lt. Commander
# 174
10-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sournote103 View Post
So... Will our Bridge Officers, Captains, and such be able to die, and stuff? Or will crew members only be replaced by choice? If and when they ARE replaced, will their skills reset?
if you have read up you would know that BO's never die nor do you. that your crew does die and if affects how well your ship performs. crew is also costly to replace. i dont know what system of cost but it does hurt.
Lt. Commander
# 175
10-02-2009, 04:23 PM
This question was sparked by the new "Ships of the Line" update:
Will the player progression system be identical for the Klingon faction? Specifically, since there seem to be fewer types of Klingon ships in the Star Trek canon, will the way new types of ship become available to Klingon players be the same as the Federation (e.g. more new types of Klingon wessels), or will Klingon players see differently structured benefits as they progress?
Lt. Commander
# 176
10-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadrian_stone View Post
Myself though I cant wait to finally see a star trek toilet so we can finally get an answer of how we go to the restroom in the 25th century.
I don't know about the 25th century, but in the first days (circa: 2150) When the NX-01 Enterprise launched, a grade school sent a communication to Archer and the crew asking questions. And one was about 'how do you go to the toilet' , and Trip answered "Just how you normally do, but then its broken down and molecularly re-sequenced into something else.

Since there is artificial gravity on starships, I assume toilets are pretty much the same But, Lord! don't let the gravity go out at the wrong time
Lt. Commander
# 177
10-03-2009, 08:09 AM
If I am specialized in Science, can I command say a Constitution class starship and use my science skills?

I really want to do science/medical but prefer the cruiser classes. Hmmmm.
Lt. Commander
# 178
10-03-2009, 08:14 AM
One Question: How diffrent are the skill trees (Security, etc.)? Are they as distinct as, say, WoW's classes, or just give diffrent bonus powers? Will any one department have a disadvantage that can only be covered by other players?
Lt. Commander
# 179
10-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandben View Post
No offense or anything but the trailer for this game is better than all of *********. :p
i mean like the levels, i know the levels wont be like summoning, mining, etc
Lt. Commander
# 180 transporter alternative
10-03-2009, 09:43 AM
will you be able to take a shuttlecraft to a planet or only be able to beam? Also, will you be able to dock in the earth space dock or any other star bases?