Lieutenant
# 191
02-14-2013, 08:05 AM
As far as making PvP used for fleet marks, it would be a good idea to make the system where kills AND assists (assists is possibly the hardest part but I suspect it could be done if you set it up where if a heal is applied something like 20-30s before or after a kill you get credit for an assist) then make it something like 5 fleet marks per kill/assist it would be a good thing. Just an idea.

Edit: As a matter of fact, you could make it a self buff in PvP environments that is just labeled something like "Assist" and if a kill is registered, it applies the credit. Just a possible programming idea that might work with the system you are working with internally. Just don't let it be able to apply if it's done on self or doesn't actually heal any damage (thinking of AFKers in PvP).

Last edited by captiancopps; 02-14-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Commander
# 192
02-14-2013, 08:55 AM
Only reason I bother to do any foundry missions is for the FM. I already cap 4-5 characters on dilithum each day without touching IOR. You could leave IOR in and reduce the dilithum ore to 240 or even 80 and I would still do them for the fleet marks.

I've done the few missions that award FM 100s of times and am a bit tired of them. Although I do kind of enjoy The Big Dig, i only bother to do it when I have the daily for FM from it. If it always granted them I would be more interested in it.

I really couldn't care less about how much dilithum the foundry missions award. I already get enough for my needs from other sources, Fleet Marks are the main shortfall for progress on the SB.

Guess I'll go back to not bothering to do any of the foundry missions. Like I did when IOR stopped working for clickies, I was not going to spend 2hr to get 50 FM when FM were the main reason I was doing them. No way I'm going to bother doing them when they give 0 FM.

I feel for the KDF fleets. They are going to come to a halt. The low level members are also going to have problems earning FC. Not many ways to earn FM when you are lower level.
Starfleet Veteran
# 193
02-14-2013, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Fleetmarks added to pvp will likely disarm this bomb.
AFK's will bring pvp down, they will just log in and get the fleetmarks after you killed them 15 times.
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Rihannsu
# 194
02-14-2013, 09:32 AM
...still fuming over the tricobalt changes...no, I don't "need" them to do well in pve or pvp but they are FUN and that ought to be something...

Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
Founding member, Special Service Squadron
"Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
Ensign
# 195
02-14-2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones1970 View Post
AFK's will bring pvp down, they will just log in and get the fleetmarks after you killed them 15 times.
Absolutely guaranteed. We already have enough of that going on in some of the PVE STF's, namely Minetrap.

The PvP PuG base is going to feel that one on the nose. The premades might be just as happy having to square off against a pack of Tuffli Captains who choose that particular chunk of time to go make a coffee... However I certainly do not think pressuring/luring PvE'ers into PvP for rewards will end well for those who are in it for the actual gameplay.

There's not much more irritating in game for many of us, than to struggle for 15+ minutes to accomplish a goal and ultimately fail, because a number of your team AFK'd, or simply make it clear they don't want to be there.

I don't honestly see the FM's being added to PvP as a viable solution at all. I see nothing but more complaints, and a flurry of new Tickets being issued against afk'ers.
Starfleet Veteran
# 196
02-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Is it just me or are other ppl missing the mission, " investigate officer report (repeatable)
"? I logged on and the system said it was removed then added then removed again. What's going on, isn't bad enough we lost fleet marks?
Lt. Commander
# 197
02-14-2013, 10:38 AM
I never understood why the fleet system they added did nothing to foster fleet play. I am in a fleet and I never really talk to them or do anything with them except add to the star base bucket. When the fleet events were talked about, I thought they were going to be just that; Events that you do with your fleet mates. Every fleet event or fleet action that I do is with a PUG. It makes no sense. And don?t get me going that you can?t even use the star base as a social map to hang out with your fleet. No one is ever in there because every time you queue for an event from there, you don?t return to the starbase!! You go back to the map you were at BEFORE going to the starbase.

Anyway, here is my suggestion, for what it is worth. Offer Fleet Mark bonus for doing things with players IN YOUR FLEET. Like fleet actions and events, foundry missions, and other stuff. If the other members of your team are all in the same fleet you get bonus fleet marks.
Commander
# 198 Borg Doffs
02-14-2013, 11:11 AM
Unlocked Borg Doffs on Holodeck. It acts like something was added to the store (the store button was active) but the store is empty with just an Exit button.

Just to be sure I unlocked both blue and purple doffs. Nothing. I then unlocked something else for the store and that showed up fine. Just the doffs are missing.

Way to QA.

... or not.
Starfleet Veteran
# 199
02-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claransa View Post
In any fleet, particularly a large fleet your going to have solo players, whether you personally like it or not, who should be able to contribute to the fleet goals.

I could be mistaken but I just can't help but read an anti-solo sentiment in your posts. If that's the case i'm sorry to bust your bubble but some people are just never going to play with others even in a MMO and really doesn't detract from your gaming experience at all. In some cases that might be how the soloist gets along with other people. Or maybe it just takes them longer to drop their shields. Regardless solo fleet mates should have a way to contribute to fleet goals too.

And if i'm completely off base with this, I apologize to you and the community, and hope you don't take this as a personal attack.
I still don't know why they don't implement something like the Prestige system from their original MMO City of Heroes. When you joined a supergroup there, you could switch to "Supergroup Mode", which would allow you to earn the currency Prestige no matter what content you did in the game.

It was simple, effective, and allowed you to the play game and spend your time how you wanted. I sometimes think that they forget that the precious time we spend in game is our time and not theirs.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Career Officer
# 200
02-14-2013, 12:19 PM
Couldn't Cryptic at least give us the reasoning behind taking away the FMs from foundry missions?

Or do we all have to flame the heck out of the forums again before Mr Stahl reveals why?

Now the poor authors won't get nearly as many players playing their missions. I feel for em!

Maybe just a reduction to 20-25 would have been better. 50 was kinda high, especially for big fleets.