Captain
# 31
02-14-2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
What about procs from the weapons?

With 1000 shots, that 20% less accuracy means 200 fewer chances for a proc. Heck, if it's a Phased Polaron Turret where the person also has Leech, Tet Glider, KineticProc, PlacOnCritProc, a Rom [Pla] consoles, etc, etc, etc, etc... you're giving up a lot for 10 DPS.
We weren't testing procs, but I mentioned in my previous thread that ACC would be better if you're trying to get a proc chance.

However, the Placate on Crit proc (aka Sensor Assault) would work better with [crth] than with [acc]. Despite having 20% less accuracy, the increased number of critical hits gave it more damage. That would imply that you will get much more critical hits with [crth] than with [acc]. That is why I run two [crth]x3 turrets on the aft. I forgot to mention that this test was run, I believe, after the Tachyokinetic Converter became available, and before the Reputation system. So, my fleetmate's passive critical hit was probably just below 5%.

Still, I'd prefer to have more damage than proc chances. Not like it matters, though...I already have 80% accuracy with 4x DHC [crtd]x3. Again, it will probably be different for beams.
Career Officer
# 32
02-14-2013, 09:07 AM
I agree with the Sad Panda bloke. If you have a target pinned or if you are Alpha striking from cloak with a Tractor beam then yes the Crit modifiers are your friend, but as the other bloke said that aint PvP. Get two bug ships for example, neither using any spam or holds, just pure fire power. Let's say they both have turrets at back and single cannons at front and are both flying at insane speeds. The skill sets are identical as are the pilots abilities etc. The only difference between these two guys is that one has ACCx3 the other has CtrH and CtrD, who do you think is gonna win?

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
# 33
02-14-2013, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
What about procs from the weapons?

With 1000 shots, that 20% less accuracy means 200 fewer chances for a proc. Heck, if it's a Phased Polaron Turret where the person also has Leech, Tet Glider, KineticProc, PlacOnCritProc, a Rom [Pla] consoles, etc, etc, etc, etc... you're giving up a lot for 10 DPS.
It has never been proven that Accuracy does anything for Procs at all, until proven otherwise I think most ppl will agree with me that Proc's are still weapon cycle based, not shot based. This goes for SNB doffs, Kinetic Cutter 2.5% proc, Reputation system procs, Weapon Procs, etc.

At least, last time my Acc x3 weaps didn't trigger more 2.5% procs than when I would use my [CrtD]x3 weapons on a steadily moving test subject moving with the exact same bonus defense.

The best thing I could think of is that the first shot of a weapon cycle actually decides whether a proc could occur depending if the first shot in the volley is a hit or a miss, but I strongly doubt even that theory.

But be my guest and prove me wrong.
Career Officer
# 34
02-14-2013, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post

However, the Placate on Crit proc (aka Sensor Assault) would work better with [crth] than with [acc].
very incorrect on this. tact console from lobi store, rom bo, borg console, zero point console. yeah just uped your crit rate buddy. time to push that acc over the top to make every shot land and keep procing that lame 1v1 t4 passive.
Career Officer
# 35
02-14-2013, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
It has never been proven that Accuracy does anything for Procs at all, until proven otherwise I think most ppl will agree with me that Proc's are still weapon cycle based, not shot based. This goes for SNB doffs, Kinetic Cutter 2.5% proc, Reputation system procs, Weapon Procs, etc.

At least, last time my Acc x3 weaps didn't trigger more 2.5% procs than when I would use my [CrtD]x3 weapons on a steadily moving test subject moving with the exact same bonus defense.

The best thing I could think of is that the first shot of a weapon cycle actually decides whether a proc could occur depending if the first shot in the volley is a hit or a miss, but I strongly doubt even that theory.

But be my guest and prove me wrong.
Pretty sure it's weapon cycle, sure I remember Bort saying that somewhere. ACC would only increase your procs if without it every shot from your cycle missed, this is unlikely I think so yes, in this case ACC should not affect Procs.

Career Officer
# 36
02-14-2013, 09:16 AM
im under the impression its shot based. ok thanks for clearing that up for me.
Career Officer
# 37
02-14-2013, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Pretty sure it's weapon cycle, sure I remember Bort saying that somewhere. ACC would only increase your procs if without it every shot from your cycle missed, this is unlikely I think so yes, in this case ACC should not affect Procs.
It would be interesting to learn how the Adapted Omega 2 piece works then.

It's not linked to the cutting beam specifically, so it should have a 2.5% chance to fire for all of your various weapon cycles (2.5% chance for each DHC cycle, 2.5% for each Turret cycle, etc).

Last edited by ussultimatum; 02-14-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Career Officer
# 38
02-14-2013, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
im under the impression its shot based. ok thanks for clearing that up for me.
Might be worth an indepth search as I'm just going from memory. if it's shot based then it's a whole different ball game indeed and the amount of procs would be staggeringly high with CRF3 single cannons + turrets, I would expect a target to never be able to do anything if I was using phasers!

Captain
# 39
02-14-2013, 09:21 AM
Yeah I ment the 2.5% proc from equipping both the Assimilated module and the Kinetic Cutter.

It basically gives 2.5% chance (The same amount as your innate weapon proc) to all your equippd weapons. (You see it in the tooltip when you hover over your weapons in your tray)

Same proc chance as your internal weapon procs, so yes for every time each of your weapons start a cycle it has a chance to proc, and that nadion-like resistance is simply applied in a time period of 3 seconds over all your weapons basically (since it affects your weapon power in a specific way that basically always affects all of your Energy weapons)

Quote:
Might be worth an indepth search as I'm just going from memory. if it's shot based then it's a whole different ball game indeed and the amount of procs would be staggeringly high with CRF3 single cannons + turrets, I would expect a target to never be able to do anything if I was using phasers!
Yeah, Imagine having a 2.5% proc chance on all your weapons, and for every shot that 2.5% could be procced, for EVERY shot, on a full DHC/Turret build i.e, the amount of phaser procs you could achieve is simply absurd.

Try removing ALL your Crit increasing stuff on your ship, (Except the Skill specialization ofcourse i wouldnt want you to respec) but that would put your crit chance on like 2.5% in the stats, but like 4.5% probably in real time (Because of Weapon specialization to 9)

Fire all those mod'less 4x DHC's and 3x Turrets on a target and see the amount of crits, now divide that 4.5% / 2 thats still enough visible crit hits that would effectively be your 2.5% proc rate of phasers (or any other weapon)

Thats simply too much.

Last edited by darkfader1988; 02-14-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Career Officer
# 40
02-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Quote:
well you did see turrent boats doing the conga using csv. tho the procs could have just went up by the faster firing cycle or just by having more bolts. like i said i was under the impression its per shot by im never clear about it.