Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,679
# 11
02-14-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt01 View Post
Theirs an old saying why fix something that is not broke .
Trics were broke. Seriously, seriously broke. I'm not saying this was the right fix or the right amount of the right fix, but trics were big-time broken.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,624
# 12
02-14-2013, 10:02 AM
If Cryptic wants to change the damage output of tricobalt mines and DPB III without changing the new damage and cooldown for the mines they have a very simple avenue of doing this.

Change DPB III to release 7 tricobalt mines instead of 4. This would result in 8,000 damage over any given minute. This would mean tricobalts retain their damage, their half power, their half recharge and DPB III wouldn't have to change in regards to the other mines. DPB I and II would also need to be changed as well.

As for the TDD, this needs to be changed now, if not sooner!!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 72
# 13
02-14-2013, 10:02 AM
Care to elaborate? How were they broken?

They had no penetration or dot, you could only lay 1-4 mines (as opposed to layign 4-12 chroniton mines?).
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,203
# 14
02-14-2013, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Trics were broke. Seriously, seriously broke. I'm not saying this was the right fix or the right amount of the right fix, but trics were big-time broken.
I agree that tricobalt mines + DPB3 + Tactical Fleet combo was a bit over the top, but tricobalt projectiles seemed fine given their long 1-minute cooldown and vulnerability to incoming weapon fire.

TDD's were an unexpected casualty of this nerf as well, especially since they are supposed to be high-powered + destructable Chroniton torpedoes. However, if the TCD nerf also affected TDD's, then their shared STO-routines should be "de-coupled" so that changes to one does not impact the other. The same goes for tricobalt mines.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,624
# 15
02-14-2013, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Trics were broke. Seriously, seriously broke. I'm not saying this was the right fix or the right amount of the right fix, but trics were big-time broken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qinnux View Post
Care to elaborate? How were they broken?

They had no penetration or dot, you could only lay 1-4 mines (as opposed to layign 4-12 chroniton mines?).
A valid point. How were they broken? There were less of them, plus they travel so much slower than other mines. Many a time I've seen trico mines activate and head after me but I've had time to evasive maneuvers away from the mines. Much harder to do with other mines.
Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 293
# 16
02-14-2013, 10:06 AM
They weren't broken at all. except maybe for the one crit's they all do thing.
It's just crying from shield tanking super escorts that got them nerfed.

They're useless now.
Or, not that they're useless, just that they wont fill the roll they were intended to fill.
There will be something better to fill that spot.


Complain about tric mines, well. tbh. if a tric torp is carrying lets say 50 kilos of ordinance, a mine would carry 250 kilos of ordinance. they should be doing much more damage than torps.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 25
# 17
02-14-2013, 10:12 AM
the thing is trics was nerfed a week or 2 ago now nerfed again looks like they cant get it right with this one.
something needs to be done about it
after the first nerf they did not one hit anything with the crit yet alone being nerfed again
my trics going in my bank and never to be used again until somethings done.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 371
# 18
02-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Agree with OP.

Tric nerfed way too much. Yes you halved Damage, and yes you halved CD, so in theory you say DPS remains the same.

Unfortunately this is yet more evidence that YOU DO NOT PLAY YOUR OWN GAME.
You fail to realise that people use these weapons with dispersal patterns, and this nerf causes a HUGE reduction in DPS because of the interaction with pattern CDs as neatly demonstrated by the OP.

It reminds me of the time me and 3 fleeties took Gozer through Infected a few weeks after it was launched, and his jaw hit the floor because he had never seen set-ups that could do that much damage. Cue across the board increase in the strength of all STF borg...

Developers, please consult on changes with people who actually play the game before swinging your nerf bats.

Also TDD nerf. Put it back. Now. I am serious, this is a real money purchase (I bought a set number of reinforcement doff packs when they gave 10 lobi to buy the whole temporal set. These doff packs were bought with Zen that I had purchased on my credit card.) and should not be so drastically changed after said purchase.

McCoy: It's a song, you green-blooded... Vulcan. You sing it. The words aren't important. What's important is that you have a good time singing it.
Spock: Oh, I am sorry Doctor. Were we having a good time?
McCoy: God I liked him better before he died.
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1
# 19
02-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Not sure I'm happy about the Tricobalt changes. I only equip an aft one on my slow moving cruiser. This change seems to further favor the more maneuverable ships. The slow re-charge, slow moving but high damage torp, seemed to complement the slow moving cruiser quite well.

Still I have been annoyed by not be able to release one due to cool down time so I'll see it goes. Overall however I expect this will reduce my total DPS because I will more frequently have a torp ready but not able to see a target.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,624
# 20
02-14-2013, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devguy1 View Post
Not sure I'm happy about the Tricobalt changes. I only equip an aft one on my slow moving cruiser. This change seems to further favor the more maneuverable ships. The slow re-charge, slow moving but high damage torp, seemed to complement the slow moving cruiser quite well.

Still I have been annoyed by not be able to release one due to cool down time so I'll see it goes. Overall however I expect this will reduce my total DPS because I will more frequently have a torp ready but not able to see a target.
I never thought of this. Cruisers already have it tough enough, now they have a cut in their potential dameg. Ouch for cruiser captains!!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:46 PM.