Ensign
# 21
02-14-2013, 09:46 AM
It SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rather had they double the cooldown than this.
Damn!
Empire Veteran
# 22
02-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
A valid point. How were they broken? There were less of them, plus they travel so much slower than other mines. Many a time I've seen trico mines activate and head after me but I've had time to evasive maneuvers away from the mines. Much harder to do with other mines.
If one went critical under Dispersal Patterns they all went critical and delivered massive damage all together.
The first mine would destroy your shields and stun you, the remaining would kill you outright from damagr that you can not mitigate.

Thats how Tricobalt mines and dispersal patterns where broken.

I do not like this fix iether, though.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
02-14-2013, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
If one went critical under Dispersal Patterns they all went critical and delivered massive damage all together.
The first mine would destroy your shields and stun you, the remaining would kill you outright from damagr that you can not mitigate.

I never knew this. Surely it would have been better to fix this problem rather than fix a problem that didn't exist?
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
02-14-2013, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post

Couldn't they just fix the group-projectile-crit once and for all?

It seems like the STO planning team lacks focus...
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-14-2013, 09:58 AM
Things are always subject to change in an online game. When you spend real money you always take that risk, which is why I haven't bought anything yet from the Lobi store.
Republic Veteran
# 26
02-14-2013, 09:58 AM
Just sweeping the real problems under the rug I see. This "fix" was not well thought out at all.
Lt. Commander
# 27 not again pls
02-14-2013, 09:59 AM
my temporal disruption device before the patch was doing 6291.8 kinetic damage just few hours ago, now after the patch it does 3145.9 kinetic damage (readings taken at shipyard). This keeps happening with everything I buy either from the z store (plasmonic leech) or the lobi store... I'd like to point out that I'm a subsciber and spend real money on it and i really want to know if this its intended by the developers...
Are you trying to convince me that I may be better off not purchasing thing? If so I'll gladly withdraw my subscripion just let me know...
Cryptic Studios Team
# 28
02-14-2013, 10:08 AM
The damage output of the Lobi Store Temporal Torpedo was not intended to be modified in this change, and will be restored.

It may be subject to balance changes in the future, but was not intended to be changed alongside Tricobalt damage output.

As for the Tricobalt changes themselves, we're monitoring the performance of these weapons under the new changes and they are likely to be subject to additional tweaks. The massive spike damage that was possible using them on their previous cooldown rotation was causing an imbalance in damage-over-time expectations that could not easily be accommodated when balancing space combat.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Empire Veteran
# 29
02-14-2013, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The damage output of the Lobi Store Temporal Torpedo was not intended to be modified in this change, and will be restored.

It may be subject to balance changes in the future, but was not intended to be changed alongside Tricobalt damage output.

As for the Tricobalt changes themselves, we're monitoring the performance of these weapons under the new changes and they are likely to be subject to additional tweaks. The massive spike damage that was possible using them on their previous cooldown rotation was causing an imbalance in damage-over-time expectations that could not easily be accommodated when balancing space combat.
bort, with torps damage over time is meaningless. its all about timing things right to get a bare hull hit. the mine change is compleatly understandable, at the very least the crit chaining wont be nearly as big a problem.

but are you aware that HY tric torps deal less damage then high yield plasmas now? is that seriously intended? frankly it would be balanced if the new cooldowns remained on the tric torp, but the damage was restored to how it was. it was an obscure weapon with a high opportunity cost befor, if you could fire it more often with the damage it had it would be more main stream.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lieutenant
# 30
02-14-2013, 10:14 AM
however the proportional nerf didnt include the increased amount of mines - as of now, they could be considered the least useful mines inthe game