Career Officer
# 51
02-11-2013, 08:29 PM
I just tested this to make sure, and I stand corrected. Recharge will always be instant when auto-exploding, no matter if hitting or not.

I just ran a PvE mission with bombs alone (boffs were stationary by the entrance). It was a little insane with the bomb instant-recharging and killing everything. Probably not intended.
Survivor of Remus
# 52
02-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Another point for your list perhaps....the re-spawn in arena maps.When you die and re-spawn you are dropped at a 'random' location on the map.There are 3 issues with this system.

1. The most obvious one...getting spawn killed,just because you just happen to re-spawn near an opponent.
2. You re-spawn on the opposite side of where your team is.
3. "Random" is not really random at all,both Ghost Ship and Assimilated Cruiser are notorious for re-spawns at the starting location,which in turn makes spawn camping very easy.

A solution would be to give the player control over where they re-spawn,letting them choose from a limited number of possible spawn points.

On Shanty Town the spawn points are fixed for both sides,the issue there is that the spawn points are very exposed.The turrets protecting them are too weak to be an effective deterrent,which can lead to spawn camping.
On this map a possible solution could be to make the spawn point a bunker,with walls to break line of sight so people can't be sniped from the high ground.A Force Field Dome that extends beyond the walls to prevent opponents entering the bunker.The turrets protecting the spawn point should have shields to make them more durable.(the turrets at the mainframe should still be without shields)
Empire Veteran
# 53
02-12-2013, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
Your point about animation lock is interesting though - what powers have it? I know for an engineer, the bomb and orbital strike do. Do the other professions have such prominent powers with animation lock?
Well the animation lock is a fair price if you consider that you can spam bombs dealing damage if it gets triggered automatically. It's more powerful than anything, since when your bomb explodes when it detects an enemy you can place another right away, and deal another 1.2k damage in a matter of seconds.

That's the only reason good engineer players only use this kit in pve and pvp by the way. It's really nasty, but if you're smart enough you will step away from bombs, the animation gives you enough time to run away. I have yet to see a bomb doing something significant in ground pvp when the opponent isn't a clueless guy who queued randomly.

Last edited by diogene0; 02-12-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 54
02-12-2013, 04:54 AM
Tribble notes claim to have fixed the Science kit Mk XII
Quote:
Romulan Research Lab Scientist Duty Officers should now function as intended.
I have yet to test if it now actually does anything or if the electrical damage is enough to make the kit usable, or to compete with the other 2 Romulan kits.
Captain
# 55
02-13-2013, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Well the animation lock is a fair price if you consider that you can spam bombs dealing damage if it gets triggered automatically. It's more powerful than anything, since when your bomb explodes when it detects an enemy you can place another right away, and deal another 1.2k damage in a matter of seconds.
This came with S7, and im pretty sure that it's not intended. You can put 1 bomb every 2 secs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
That's the only reason good engineer players only use this kit in pve and pvp by the way. It's really nasty, but if you're smart enough you will step away from bombs, the animation gives you enough time to run away. I have yet to see a bomb doing something significant in ground pvp when the opponent isn't a clueless guy who queued randomly.
For PvE it's great, but in PvP against serious opponents you will be in a disadvantage with this kit, the best one for the engineer is the Equipment Technician. But of course, you can always murder pugs with mines and bomb
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Republic Veteran
# 56
02-14-2013, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buccaneerdtb View Post
Tribble notes claim to have fixed the Science kit Mk XII I have yet to test if it now actually does anything or if the electrical damage is enough to make the kit usable, or to compete with the other 2 Romulan kits.
2 damage per second with the green Doff so basically useless. This makes no sense, fuse armor does way more electrical damage, requires no Doff, and the damage is still laughable. Maybe if the purple Doff triples the damage and you can stack 2 or 3 of them this might become noticeable.

If a player maxes out willpower then stasis field will only hold him for less than 1 second. That is a serious problem with willpower. My stasis field says holds players for 9 seconds, and yet willpower can drop that to less than 1? Makes most Science kit powers useless in PvP as serious PvPers all have high willpower.
Career Officer
# 57
02-14-2013, 09:29 AM
Control powers are very powerful in any MMO, don't expect them to not be counterable. In that sense there's nothing wrong with Willpower. It's working as intended (for the most part) and it's not a cheap investment. Still, a 1-2 second hold is not entirely useless if you know your timings.

Stasis Field is useless for a different reason, which is that is a soft hold that's broken by damage (think of "sleep" powers). A "true" hold power would not be cancelled by damage. If I were to make Stasis Field more useful I'd change it to a "true" hold power.
Commander
# 58
02-14-2013, 11:22 AM
I'm actually happy that this is one of the few MMOs where crowd control spam isn't king. Every other MMO out there I press an ability and I get an error "can't do that while stunned", and then the respawn button appears.

The issue with willpower is that it's required to deal with the ridiculous amounts of knockback and control a Fire Team Tac can put out, but you don't really need it to deal with much else besides pulsewave crits. Even with 9 willpower you're often rooted or slowed to a crawl by strong suppressing fires, but even at 3 willpower most other CC abilities are more often than not negated.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Commander
# 59
02-14-2013, 11:56 AM
Today's patch included a note about the stasis pistol, but the issues noted in this thread are still true. Weapon malfunction still clears the damage immunity without clearing disable, and hypo still does not clear the stasis effect.
Captain
# 60
02-14-2013, 03:19 PM
Equipment diagnostic doffs are very overpowered, this should be looked in to.