Lt. Commander
# 1 Phaser Spinal Lance - Wide Beam
05-01-2012, 10:28 AM
So when I was looking into my power descriptions I came across the "Phaser Spinal Lance -Wide Beam" mode for the Spinal Lance.

5 KM Range 25 degree cone.
At 125 weapon power: 8151 Phaser Damage

Is there a way to activate this yet? I see mention that it requires the saucer separation, any hints on WHEN we can expect to see this in action?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-01-2012, 10:32 AM
They had a "Galaxy Pack" on the calendar for a while that was assumed to include Saucer Separation for the Gal-X. As part of the saucer sep, the phaser lance was essentially going to convert to "shotgun mode" which is the wide beam function you're talking about. That pack was removed from the calendar, most likely due to technical limitations. I don't know if they plan on ever implementing it or not.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Yes I recall that C-store Pack that suddenly went dark. What I find curious is that the changes to the Lance Power went live only a patch or two ago. Which leads me to wonder if this is vaporware or if there will it be eventually offered.

Seems strange that they did all the work and patched it to holodeck if they were never going to make it available in game.

At the very least they could change the saucer separation console so we could use the power they added...

Maybe some industrious community representative could sneak in and drop some knowledge on us!

<looks hopefully in BranFlakes general direction>
Ensign
# 4
02-14-2013, 12:27 PM
Yes, would like to know more.
Career Officer
# 5
02-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Three Words: See the Chimera.

EDIT: Closed for necroing an old thread. Remember, if a thread has been inactive for 30 days, you should not post to it. Feel free to create a new thread on the subject if you would like to discuss further ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 02-14-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Closed Thread