Captain
# 1901
12-14-2012, 04:25 AM
Quote:
TOR's F2P model is a joke. The only good thing about it is that you can play through your entire class storyline without paying.
That about sums it up.

The storylines are nice and it's even worth it playing through them on both sides. After hitting 50, though, the game is garbage, especially as a F2P and the unlocks are way too expensive.

They really shouldn't have made it into an MMO. A few changes, and the game could have become a really enjoyable single player title, a Star Wars version of ME and Dragon Age.
Commander
# 1902
12-14-2012, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
That about sums it up.

The storylines are nice and it's even worth it playing through them on both sides. After hitting 50, though, the game is garbage, especially as a F2P and the unlocks are way too expensive.

They really shouldn't have made it into an MMO. A few changes, and the game could have become a really enjoyable single player title, a Star Wars version of ME and Dragon Age.
Agreed. It could have been brilliant if released as KotOR3, but no, they wanted in on the MMO market and royally screwed things up.
Captain
# 1903
12-14-2012, 04:39 AM
F-2-p
A winter of Blues

You may not mail
nor trade me thinks
nor may you bank at all

and are denied many mission rewards
1 crew skill 1 companion at a time

you can send one away liek a DOFF to gaither things
its lag can be over 9000 many times
Beware of Cloaked Romulans Bering Gifts
Republic Veteran
# 1904
12-14-2012, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post
Agreed. It could have been brilliant if released as KotOR3, but no, they wanted in on the MMO market and royally screwed things up.
True KOTOR fans have been saying this all along, even before F2P. We asked for KOTOR 3, not TOR. 2 even had a cliffhanger ending for goodness sake.

Star Wars didn't need an MMO. The MMO needed Star Wars.
Captain
# 1905
12-14-2012, 04:48 AM
Very true.

I was deeply disappointed when it was announced, I will say. Playing it now, rightly so.

I know it's like cursing in a church, but I don't like mmo's, generally. When you're in it for the story, as in the case of KotOR games, an mmo-frame just gets in the way.

This is exactly why I have severe doubts about the announced Elder Scrolls and Vampire: Masquerade mmo's. Both are great series of games, but I feel they will be maltreated in an mmo-format.

Alas, all of a sudden everything needed to become an mmo, as "gaming was to change forever and interaction was the way forward". I call marketing bs and fad, on that one.

Give me a good, solid singleplayer title over a badly executed mmo any day of the week.
Captain
# 1906
12-14-2012, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
True KOTOR fans have been saying this all along, even before F2P. We asked for KOTOR 3, not TOR. 2 even had a cliffhanger ending for goodness sake.
If by cliffhanger you mean the game literally drives over a cliff 2/3 of the way through the game, then yes.
Career Officer
# 1907
12-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
If by cliffhanger you mean the game literally drives over a cliff 2/3 of the way through the game, then yes.
Well, aren't you anxiously waiting to see what's at the bottom of that cliff?

Vice Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Sarbonn-D
Vice Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Never Surrender
Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=93579366000&dateline=  1354720945
Commander
# 1908
12-14-2012, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post
The tragedy is that they removed the actual Star Wars MMO for it, and they could have had both. Even if they retired the older MMO for this new game, it could easily have been made into an acceptable MMO -and- a single-player experience if they hadn't been so set on rejecting everything that made the other MMO work (they made it quite public they wanted to avoid 'mistakes' such as diverting activities that took the player away from combat, ect).

This is what happens when a company sets out to make a game that is intended to make the simplest players feel as good as possible and avoid challenge.

I guess we can see why they couldn't chance having the other Star Wars MMO up alongside TOR.
Captain
# 1909
12-14-2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesarbonn View Post
Well, aren't you anxiously waiting to see what's at the bottom of that cliff?

If it were BioWare re-writing Kotor 2? Probably.

Obsidian? I'm running the hell away.

Arguments about the F2P setup aside, the stories in TOR are very well done. IA, Warrior, Trooper and Knight would be, individually, worth the price of admission for most games. Bundled together, especially tacking on the class stories of the other four classes, make it a very worthwhile investment for folks who actually want some story in their MMO.
Captain
# 1910
02-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Lol, there was a funny thread on the forums started today, where a former subscriber tested if he could access the forums, saying "sdafsdf", and one of their community managers said
Quote:
Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez
Excellent feedback and sorry that you feel that way, but at least now we'll aserfasdasdsads instead of awkueraifsd.

sdfsawer!
Imagine what'd happen if it happened HERE. There was a ton of funny posts there.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.