Rihannsu
# 181
02-14-2013, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
What episode does that come from? I'm pretty sure that was never stated.
Future Tense (aka the episode with the ship that's bigger on the inside)

It's NOT clear if it was just hyperbole or not, but it would explain a lot about how they act...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 182
02-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Funny, I'm also taking some inspiration from that episode.
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Looking for a Foundry mission for your Romulan character? Look no further!
Captain
# 183
02-14-2013, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Future Tense (aka the episode with the ship that's bigger on the inside)

It's NOT clear if it was just hyperbole or not, but it would explain a lot about how they act...
I don't remember anyone saying the Tholians were immune to reality shifts/alternate universes. They did say "it is dangerous to you", which I guess could mean they were immune, but they might have also been bluffing to get Archer to release the TARDIS.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Captain
# 184
02-14-2013, 07:31 PM
Any chance we could get that awesome Tholian drydock asteroid in the Foundry? It would be a great addition to a space map I'm working on.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Rihannsu
# 185
02-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
I don't remember anyone saying the Tholians were immune to reality shifts/alternate universes. They did say "it is dangerous to you", which I guess could mean they were immune, but they might have also been bluffing to get Archer to release the TARDIS.
I wouldn't say immune... just, less strongly affected. I wondered so I rewatched the ep. In the initial encounter, the Tholian commander says "It is dangerous to you... temporal radiation." That was the only mention.

It might have been a bluff. But the effect of the temporal radiation was to make people standing around it experience time loops. Would the Tholians have felt the same effect? Dunno.... but maybe not.

@ Drogyn: it was the second time they were seen on screen.... ever. and their actions/motives were rather interesting.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.

Last edited by markhawkman; 02-14-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Commander
# 186
02-15-2013, 05:38 AM
I think it would be better if they remain mostly a mystery, as soon as we know their intentions, origins, etc, they will be boring again and we will have to **** another alien species of its potential.

Keep them a rare mystery... as the Borg should of been kept the rare horror!
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Survivor of Romulus
# 187
02-17-2013, 03:50 PM
Log Entry: Chief Engineer

just a little teaser for "Depths of Nukara Prime"
Empire Veteran
# 188
02-21-2013, 01:21 AM
Here's a preview for you.

If anyone is able to tell me what the Tholians are doing here, i offer a cookie.

Last edited by diogene0; 02-21-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Captain
# 189
02-21-2013, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Here's a preview for you.

If anyone is able to tell me what the Tholians are doing here, i offer a cookie.
Transferring their consciousness into another body? (like in "Turnabout Intruder")
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Lt. Commander
# 190
02-22-2013, 05:14 PM
Will the winners from these contest or the spotlighted missions ever reward items (as in random consoles, doffs and so on?)

looking forward to playing these, some of the screenshots look amazing.