Empire Veteran
# 11
02-14-2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
well when you scream like that, Cryptic has to listen
Hey it works for the foundry authors, doesn't it?

/rimshot
Captain
# 12
02-14-2013, 01:13 PM
Actually it doesn't, if you've been following Foundry history.

Anyway, back on topic: Bring Back Crystalline Entity. That is literally the first mission(s) where I learned how important teamwork is - otherwise, a whole bunch of people quit, and you start collecting ice shards behind your ship.

Did make for nice screenshots though.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Career Officer
# 13
02-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Nothing was broken in Crystalline Entity. True it wasn't exactly great when the instance bugged because the game couldn't handle 100+ shards but get a good, organsied team with a single strategy and you would beat it.

3minute run

Please Cryptic make it private and leave it in until you've revamped it. Better yet leave it in as elite CE and make a more pug friendly one.

Next you'll take out NWS which is the only challenging yet fun mission left . Most players will say they can't beat it, too hard etc etc but that's the point and it's proven NWS can be beaten (without exploits of course )..
Kirk's Protege - 19/11/2012
Kirk's Protege Jr - 30/05/2014
[1/5 5:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 964780 (1581938) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.

Last edited by vsilverwings1; 02-14-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
02-14-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmirror2012 View Post
DO NOT CHANGE CE. Period. Maybe add a 2nd CE instance "Classic CE" And "CE" don't you dare pull another STF change, 3 hour fun STFs --> 10 Minute Grinds

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DOOOOOO NOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTT change CE.

I request that they DO change the CE. I would prefer that it look that the Crystalline Entity from the show and less like the emblem for 'Final Fantasy 13'.
Captain
# 15
02-14-2013, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Revamped? Why? Do you mean "nerfed"? What about some really elite content in STO?
The thing has needed a revamp since beta. It's not challenging, it's just a poorly designed encounter.
Captain
# 16
02-14-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
DO NOT CHANGE CE. Period. Maybe add a 2nd CE instance "Classic CE" And "CE" don't you dare pull another STF change, 3 hour fun STFs --> 10 Minute Grinds
They already changed it and how it worked when they added level banding to it. The only time I ever bothered with it and beat it was back when whoever joined got thrown in at the level they were with everyone else.

That felt like a community event. It was epic. It was grand. And after that, CE was just never the same. Completely boring event that has needed a revamp for ages.
Lieutenant
# 17
02-14-2013, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Crystaline Entity MYSTERIOUSLY disappeared!

It still wanders blindly in Alpha Centari, but, no way to join. Realisticly, the NPC still exists, and id imagine the instance still exists too. Re-add it as a Private Queue (no public queue)

To people who don't like CE, Don't complain, DONT PLAY IT. Period. Just because you don't like X doesn't mean someone else cant enjoy it.

Backstory on supposedly Why its gone:
Players complain to cryptic "Crystalline entity is too hard, and there are idiots who join and ruin it"
Cryptic removes public Queue
A very small minority goes "Crystalline entity is impossible! IT CANT BE BEATEN FIX IT"
Cryptic removes it from private queue
An exploit allows u to access it using /commands and changing maps
Cryptic overhauls the UI, no longer accessible.

Poof CE is still gone, its trophy is the only memory of its existence. SADNESS!!! CE was the ONLY hard Raid-like content in STO. We need more instances like CE.

The crystal entity was a bugged nightmare every one would orbit the thing ignoring the shards untill they blew up then the large shards wouldd come hit a ship because no one cleaned them up break into small shards and heal the entity 25% per shard. So no one ever killed it people claimed they did. There was one time when we got it down to 6% them it blew up and a bug healed it back to 32% thats the closest I seen and it took 2 hours and 30min just to do that. All while some guy screammed at you not to drop mines all over the place.

Now if want to rewrite crystal entity so its solveable in 30min or less be my guess.
1. You can start with getting rid of 500 shards.
cut to guys talking
2. placing 50 harmonic resinators around the entity.
cut to a cool clip
3. Massive focused fire to break it up into smaller and smaller chunks.
cut to clip
4. final destruction of the last large shard.
dilith reward and fleet marks

You can keep the beam weapon that was fine have it do a sonic cone attack or massive lighting barrage.

If your not going fix it then throw it in dumpster and poop on it.

Thanks
Survivor of Remus
# 18
02-14-2013, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by z69evermoon View Post
The crystal entity was a bugged nightmare every one would orbit the thing ignoring the shards untill they blew up then the large shards wouldd come hit a ship because no one cleaned them up break into small shards and heal the entity 25% per shard. So no one ever killed it people claimed they did. There was one time when we got it down to 6% them it blew up and a bug healed it back to 32% thats the closest I seen and it took 2 hours and 30min just to do that. All while some guy screammed at you not to drop mines all over the place.

Now if want to rewrite crystal entity so its solveable in 30min or less be my guess.
1. You can start with getting rid of 500 shards.
cut to guys talking
2. placing 50 harmonic resinators around the entity.
cut to a cool clip
3. Massive focused fire to break it up into smaller and smaller chunks.
cut to clip
4. final destruction of the last large shard.
dilith reward and fleet marks

You can keep the beam weapon that was fine have it do a sonic cone attack or massive lighting barrage.

If your not going fix it then throw it in dumpster and poop on it.

Thanks
You don't know how to do it. CE is great because its the ONLY instancein STO that requires Knowlage and teamwork. 5 Bumbling morons SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO KILL IT.
Survivor of Remus
# 19
02-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslyn View Post
I request that they DO change the CE. I would prefer that it look that the Crystalline Entity from the show and less like the emblem for 'Final Fantasy 13'.
Talking about the mission, I could care less what it looks like
Career Officer
# 20
02-14-2013, 02:08 PM
When it comes to CE, like said on the other page, it would be best if there are two versions.

The Original one, which even the average PuG can do without requiring massive amounts of teamwork.

And a second (the revamped CE), that's only available in Private Queues, which requires a high degree of teamwork to pull off.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.