Ensign
# 11
02-14-2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Directors don't have that kind of power. Disney would have to buy Paramount at least and probably both Paramount and CBS to do that, and the combined pricetag exceeds Disney's buying power (and neither of the other two can afford to buy Disney alone, mostly eliminating the reverse scenario happening).
Yeah, there's a hot mess of writing and legal to overcome for that to happen. Besides, the next Star Wars movie is likely to be penned by Lawrence Kasdan, who was the writer for Empire, Jedi, and Raiders. (Everyone seems to forget that Lucas did not write or direct the two best movies in the franchise.) Into Darkness was written by Orchi/Kurtzman: Lost, Cowboys and Aliens, and Fringe. Writers and directors do work on different projects without combining them. It's part of the job.

Of course, homage easter eggs to other movies has long been a part Star Trek trivia., but that's about as far as it's likely to go.

But back on topic, preview video of the game doesn't thrill me, and likely will be beyond my system's capabilities for the near future.
Captain
# 12
02-14-2013, 02:26 PM
I might "try" it. But I'm not going to buy it unless it's truly spectacular. Right now it looks like Republic Commando with Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!

"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."
Captain
# 13
02-15-2013, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
I might "try" it. But I'm not going to buy it unless it's truly spectacular. Right now it looks like Republic Commando with Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto.
If it's anything like RC it's sold.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Commander
# 14
02-15-2013, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
If it's anything like RC it's sold.
The Republic Commando novels by Karen Traviss are solid and worth the read.
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8