Empire Veteran
# 11
06-24-2012, 12:07 PM
I farm the heck out of this assignment with all 7 of my guys and get it very regularly.
For me it works out to every mon/Tues and Fri...and I hit it like clockwork.
Got it this past Friday, np...with all 7 guys.
I have never, never had issues with being able to find it after the 3 day cooldown.
If I didn't get it after 3 days it's because I didn't look.
Guess I'm just very lucky, because I see so many of these type post complaining about not be able to find it for days or weeks...
So...all I can say it's still there, it has NOT been changed, or made to show less frequently or gone away.
keep looking.
And Heritic has posted several times comfirming it has NOT been modified, replaced or changed in frequency.
It is a "Rare" assignment...it's not gonna be there 24/7...only "rarely"
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead
join date Aug 2008

Last edited by kbflordkrueg; 06-24-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Career Officer
# 12
06-24-2012, 12:08 PM
I had this problem as well and didn't see it for over a month after it was first introduced and made a thread on the DOFF forum, where people made like I was too stupid to read. A month later, I finally encountered the mission again.

Given this thread, there obviously is still somekind of cooldown problem, where it's not 3 days as Heretic originaly stated, but more. While I no longer have a cooldown of 1 month, it is more like 1 week. Last night I found it in Alpha Triangulai on my Federation characters.....after a week.

So whomever took over Heretic's position, I hope they take another look at this cooldown and it being longer than advertised.

Personally, I would like to see somekind of cooldown clock like we have with the Academy Lore missions.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Has anyone experienced this prolonged cooldown recently? I never had a problrm getting the "Negotiate" Doff assignment till 2 weeks ago (when I was able to turn that artifact into a purple mk xii nuetronium alloy console and 33 mil ec on the exchange). Since then, I've been scouring the gamma quadrant to no avail. What gives?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Been after this one for over a week with no luck. To the guy saying he gets it every three days. Thanks for rubbing it in.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-14-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokinatchapunx View Post
Been after this one for over a week with no luck. To the guy saying he gets it every three days. Thanks for rubbing it in.
Little out of date... this one... last post "08-01-2012"
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
02-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
I just buy them off of the exchange and power them up.

Someone must be getting them as there's always lots to be had.
How do you power them up?
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...