Captain
# 61
02-14-2013, 06:16 PM
Suppression fire

When suppression fire is paired with a weapon with continuous fire, such as the omega autocarbine, it creates a paralysis effect on the target. This paralysis effect makes it impossible for the target to turn to face the attacker while under fire from the ability in addition to the intended run speed reduction.

Jumping/Firing

Players are capable of jumping and firing at the same time. When paired with cover, this allows a player to hide behind cover while briefly jumping up to fire on targets with relative impunity. Jumping and firing a weapon at the same time also allows catian players to jump over a player's head while firing their weapon. Such attacks can receive a flanking bonus. If performed by a tactical catian with a pulsewave assault weapon, the flanking attack can result in a one or two hit kill with minimal risk to the attacker.
Republic Veteran
# 62
02-14-2013, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radkip View Post
I'm actually happy that this is one of the few MMOs where crowd control spam isn't king. Every other MMO out there I press an ability and I get an error "can't do that while stunned", and then the respawn button appears.

The issue with willpower is that it's required to deal with the ridiculous amounts of knockback and control a Fire Team Tac can put out, but you don't really need it to deal with much else besides pulsewave crits. Even with 9 willpower you're often rooted or slowed to a crawl by strong suppressing fires, but even at 3 willpower most other CC abilities are more often than not negated.
I agree and also hate all the cc. But notice that the sci cc is easily resisted with 3 points in willpower yet the tac cc is not. The point is that many sci kits are cc only and thus useless for PvP yet the damage dealers (tacs) actually can realistically do more cc than sci, while also puting out tons more damage.

My post was to address the Xeno kit that Sci gets to supposedly compete with Fire Team/Motion Accelerater. I am testing still to see its usefulness, but so far not even close to the other 2 professions' new kits.

Last edited by buccaneerdtb; 02-14-2013 at 11:37 PM.
Career Officer
# 63
02-15-2013, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buccaneerdtb View Post
But notice that the sci cc is easily resisted with 3 points in willpower yet the tac cc is not.
I see your point and agree that only 3 points in Willpower should not be able to almost negate science cc skills. At the same time something should be done to Suppressing Fire being able to root characters with 9 points in Willpower.

The issue with Suppressing Fire might be the stacking, as majortiraomega pointed out. As a suggestion I'd place a max count on how many times the debuff can stack. Many skills in the game already have such a restriction in place so it seems logical to me. Additionally, the debuff itself needs to be properly resisted by root/slow resistance provided by Willpower/skills/gear.

About the amount of KB a tac can put out, KB seems to be augmented by damage buffs. For reference, I have Willpower + Sure Footed + MACO armor. From personal experience a superbuffed Lunge will KB me much more often than a normal one, and if I'm crouched and take double damage from a NORMAL Lunge, I'll also get KB'ed consistently. This feels wrong considering how much KB resistance I have.
Captain
# 64
02-16-2013, 01:13 PM
Any news Borticus?
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Commander
# 65
02-16-2013, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
Suppression fire

When suppression fire is paired with a weapon with continuous fire, such as the omega autocarbine, it creates a paralysis effect on the target. This paralysis effect makes it impossible for the target to turn to face the attacker while under fire from the ability in addition to the intended run speed reduction.
I am not aware of this issue. I would like to test it with you at some point, if possible. Can you look me up ingame @guriphu?
Captain
# 66
02-17-2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guriphu View Post
I am not aware of this issue. I would like to test it with you at some point, if possible. Can you look me up ingame @guriphu?
Sure, I would be happy to run some tests with you. I believe the problem with suppression fire is better explained by tk79 above. Suppression fire roots the target rather than simply reducing runspeed when suppression fire is paired with a weapon like the Omega Autocarbine. Willpower does nothing to reduce this problem. The repeated reapplication of the debuff may be unintentionally creating a root on the target.
Commander
# 67
02-18-2013, 11:22 AM
i agree so much with the cryo launcher in need of a nerf =X even if you get yourself well buffed, without a ev suit you will get only 20 or 30% cold resis, nothing compared to the energy type 50% resis i get myself without buffs
Republic Veteran
# 68
02-18-2013, 11:26 AM
Omega carbine has its own root built in. Especially the Mk XII edition.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 69
02-18-2013, 07:01 PM
The following changes have now been checked in, and (provided QA gives the OK) should appear on Tribble soon:

- Lunge and Pounce now share a 6.0sec Category cooldown.

- Activating Tactical Initiative (Ground) will no longer allow the Ophidian Cane to be infinitely recast without a cooldown.

- Dampening Field now reduces Environmental Damage (Cold, Fire, Radiation, etc) in addition to Energy Damage.

- Weapons Malfunction no longer removes the Damage Immunity effect of the Stasis Pistol's secondary attack.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Captain
# 70
02-18-2013, 07:22 PM
Very nice Borticus, but can you provide us with an ETA on the Cryo Launcher fix? or can we expect that in May?
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com