Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
# 11
02-14-2013, 04:23 PM
For the love of Q. He's trolling people. He's been doing this since TNG was announced. It's how he gets his kicks. Don't take it as confirmation of your opinions on NuTrek.
# 12
02-14-2013, 04:52 PM
The 2009 movie and hope the next one too, are great. Much better in its unpretentious attempt to make an sci-fi action move than this BS: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120844/

For example.

And, IMHO, one of the best Star Trek movies at all.
Career Officer
# 13
02-14-2013, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkwing43 View Post
I read the following on yahoo movies.

"He's being a pig," Shatner said during an interview with Movie Fanatic. "He's collecting the two franchises and holding them close to his vest. He's probably the most talented director of that ilk that we have but he's gone too far this time."

I am sure he is saying what a lot of people feel. Me on the other hand, I just hope he does a great job on whatever film he does.

You can read the rest of it here:

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...181738978.html
He's still mad Nimoy got a part (and a paycheck) from the first Abram's Star Trek film; and he didn't -- no surprise here. You should have seen what he AND Nimoy said about TNG back in the day.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Commander
# 14
02-14-2013, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
He's still mad Nimoy got a part (and a paycheck) from the first Abram's Star Trek film; and he didn't -- no surprise here. You should have seen what he AND Nimoy said about TNG back in the day.
Nimoy who refused to participate in ST: Generations, btw, and yet he took and important role in Abraham's film.
Career Officer
# 15
02-14-2013, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lter View Post
Nimoy who refused to participate in ST: Generations, btw, and yet he took and important role in Abraham's film.
But, Nimoy DID do the TNG TV episode Unification II in 1991. He turned down 'Generations' because he didn't care for how Braga and Moore wrote what would have been Spock's part in their final version of the screenplay.

But again, most actors in a franchise hate it when said franchise moves in a direction that no longer requires them -- and will make their displeasure known in some way.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Captain
# 16
02-14-2013, 05:41 PM
Shatner calling anyone else a pig is most definitely the pot calling the kettle black, the primary reason that Shatner wasn't in the Abrams film is because Shatner wanted the story to feature more of him, he didn't want to just do a cameo.
I don't honestly know if Shatner sincerely believes what he is saying or if he is just playing the role of the narcissistic buffoon that everyone thinks he is. He certainly burned a lot of bridges with members of his own cast. Star Trek films with Bill Shatner in them have always had to be the "Captain Kirk Show: featuring Bill Shatner as James Kirk and guest starring.. those other guys".
His critiquing Abrams style? My response is Star Trek V the Final Frontier, the most idiotic simplistic, lame, un-Star Trek like movie of the whole run.
New Star Trek may need a lot of things, but a limelight stealing scene hogging ham isn't one of them.
No I don't hate Bill Shatner and I've enjoyed most of his work, but let's be real here, he's an entertainer, actually a has-been at that, he's not a god and his opinions mean no more than anyone else's.
But he does have an impressive ego, they found a good role for him in Third Rock from the Sun as the Big Fat Head.
Commander
# 17
02-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itpalg View Post
There is a webpage that points out several flaws / gaping holes in Abrams' version of ST. It was a list of things, like 10 things, or 15 things...I can't remember.

It was an interesting read and made me think...oh yeah..I didn't even think of that.

The movie was made for the no-thinking action crowd; no techno speak or explanations or care of why something is this way when clearly it didn't need to be this way, etc.
this http://whatculture.com/film/15-blund...-franchise.php

It's an excellent read. The movie was "fun" and all, but once you stop to think about it, it's a piece of ****.