Someone stated it quite well earlier: 'Star Trek Online: Into Darkness.' because thats where your taking it...
I said that. I can be so damn witty at times.
I guess all I have to add is if the few foundry authors did or did not have something to do with this, they're still gonna suffer. I can already see people purposely giving 1 star reviews strictly out of spite. I mean why wouldn't they? Now we are stuck playing a mission we don't want to run, earning a reward we have no use for.
And one more thing...where exactly was it stated that the change to add the 50 fleet mark reward was for a limited time? I don't remember reading that. Or was that just another in a long list of things that Cryptic happens to forget to mention to us.
I have two suggestions, which could/should be implemented at the earliest possible convenience;
1. Add Dilithium rewards (static amount) to every Cryptic-made mission in the game, including the Featured Episodes. These Dilithium rewards should be an average of what a player-made Foundry mission might yield. I was picking up 6-700 Dilithium on some Foundry missions earlier, while others were considerably less. An average of 480 Dilithium per Episode might not be a bad idea, and it would promote the usage of actually running YOUR missions as well as the Foundry content.
2. Add Fleet Mark rewards to every Fleet Action in the game. I understand Fleet Marks is a currency intended for Fleet activities, but as you well know, you don't even need to be in a fleet, to participate in "Fleet Actions" despite the name. And the current "Fleet Events" which were added in Season 6, may require you to be in a fleet, it does NOT require the entire group to be in the same fleet. Yet strangely, they reward Fleet Marks (but Fleet Actions currently -don't- reward Marks).
Both of these suggestions are in line with the changes coming.
Well, that's a lot of text. Let me start of with some Sun Tzu;"When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard." wise words then, wise words now...
Now, some quotes from the post:
" While there are always exceptions, for the most part, the data shows that small fleets are more starved for Dilithium than they are for Fleet Marks."
Now, perhaps, but I doubt that will remain the case with the removal of the fleetmarks from IOR.
"Likewise, even though we've removed Fleet Marks from the now super Dilithium rich Foundry mission, we will be adding Fleet Marks to other events, but not immediately."
Not immediately, could you narrow that down? With the launch of not-season 8, sooner, later?
"We are also entertaining suggestions to merge fleets or other ways that small Fleets can accelerate their progress."
If by that you mean that fleets will be merged because they are smaller then size X, please don't, worst...idea...ever. If, however, you mean are looking into ways to enable fleets to choose such a merger, that's a great idea. Would a merger also mean that earned exp towards the starbase get's caried over or just members?
"Just as max level players are now earning far more Dilithium than they ever have due to adjustments that we've made along the way, we will continue to adjust Fleet Marks in the same way."
Best news I heard all day.
"We want Fleet Progression to be a reward for Fleet Gameplay."
Would you consider doing STF's with a team consisting of fleetmembers as fleet gameplay? Perhaps by making a fleet private queu similar to the private queu's we have now that would only allow fleet members to be invited? I would absolutely *love* that, and I'm sure so would others.
Looking forward to see what you guys come up with, it's not to late to turn all this activity and attention on the forums in something beneficial for the entire community.
Dirty Dee, you're a baddy daddy lamatai tebby chai!
Originally Posted by dastahl
1. Fleets under 25 are going to have a hard time completing projects = by design.
2. We will be adding more Fleet Marks, just not on Foundry missions. We will be making several changes up until the May update in order to bring Fleet Mark earning back in line: including reclassifying the difference between Events and Fleet Actions, Adjusting (increasing/decreasing) Fleet Marks with a focus on giving more Fleet Marks in Fleet Based Events, Possibly merging Fleets, Possibly offering other incentives for Small Fleets.
3. Data shows, most small Fleets are far more starved for Dilithium than they are for Fleet Marks. There is need for both, but more need right now for Dilithium than Fleet Marks - thus today's change. More Fleet Marks are coming - just not in Foundry play.
So because we have a small group of friends (originally from CoH) we should not even attempt to advance our small fleet beyond where it is? Good to know. I don't want to waste my time in this game. Really the only reason I played this game was that my friends were here, and I could do something constructive on my maxed level characters. I really see no reason to log in now since my friends are not logging either because of this.
IMHO, the Time/Reward of the fleet tiers was already way out of whack, but I did it to help my small group. With this change, the time/reward is just plain ridiculous.
Some players like to do only solo content so restricting Fleet Marks to group activity will severely restrict their ability to earn Fleet Marks. The only ways for them to get Fleet Marks is the Commendation XP to Fleet Marks system and Fleet dailies which don't give enough. The Foundry missions were a way to get Fleet Marks without doing content they disliked.
- big fleets are gonna get bigger, cause of the infux of small fleets getting disolved ( for those that actually stick around after all this mess )
- " we devs can do what we want. we wave our hands and "our" fleet is T5 with everything, no grinding at all "
players that log on are here for the enjoyment, not for the sweatshopping/slaving away at all of this.
wanna see a unhappy customer(s)? just watch the number of users that no longer log on after this failed attempt at saving all of this mess
here's to hoping STO goes the way of CoH's
The young generation has no clue what freedom is. Because they do not know the limit of it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------ Disenchanted for all my Characters