Empire Veteran
# 61
02-14-2013, 06:50 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the fleet merging is a terrible idea? It's basically a slap in the faces of ppl who want to be in a small fleet. It seems that the concern isn't about making it fair for small vs. large fleets as much as it is about killing small fleets and patting the backs of large ones. Star Trek Online is becoming less and less Star Trek and, at least for the time being, has lost my interest.
Captain
# 62
02-14-2013, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lirdek View Post
small fleets will die anyway... FMs events are boring.

My fleet mates are disgusted fomr sb system. No one want to join a T2-T3 fleet. We cant make the fleet grow anymore.

I have now two options : i go back to solo mode and dont care for sb. And then dont get the 'best' that the game has to offer.

I quit.
I do have to hand it to Dan he made an excellent acting job when he appeared in this video to respond to small fleets dying:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swvf3w6hcY4
Ensign
# 63 ...
02-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnimagus View Post
This change has brought my starbase and embassy to a total halt. I can endlessly grind now, extremely repetitive content on nukkara, defera and pugged fleet events for over a week and not finish an assignment.

No thank you.

There is no other endgame content that has not been played ad infinitum, other then building the starbase. I don't mind the time, but I do mind the lack of content.

I will no longer be playing this game until such time as fleet mark rewards are restored to the level they were last week.
One word: Bye!
Republic Veteran
# 64
02-14-2013, 06:51 PM
You have admitted that the starbase system is screwing over small fleets. You are completely denying small social groups of friends the chance to succeed in this game together. Your Option B was a pretty poor choice. The whole system needs a rethink, from the ground level.
Captain
# 65
02-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Please dont nerf the current fleet action Daily!

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Captain
# 66
Quote:
This change has brought my starbase and embassy to a total halt. I can endlessly grind now, extremely repetitive content on nukkara, defera and pugged fleet events for over a week and not finish an assignment.

No thank you.

There is no other endgame content that has not been played ad infinitum, other then building the starbase. I don't mind the time, but I do mind the lack of content.

Ditto.

My fleet is currently 5 members. Not for lack of trying to recruit but more because people are already either in a cooking fleet or they've have their own fleet and don't want to give it up, even if said fleet is only them.

They don't like the idea of, and this is exactly what I was told, "Being told what to do by someone else in a fleet."

Then there are those looking for a free ride.

"Hey what tier is your fleet?"

"Two, working towards three."

"Oh... well when you're tier three or higher keep me in mind."

That earns a great big F....uggetabout it.

Meanwhile my fleetmates are still picking along at the base. We WILL get there but when we do, will we want anyone else to come in and take advantage of our work?

Small fleets are SCREWED in this system.

You want to make fleets more managable without "Making it easy"?

CLose the ability to make new fleets for a while OR make it harder to create a fleet, because I guarantee I could log in right now and in five minutes have a one man fleet on one of my alt toons.

Five minutes and its another fleet that will do NOTHING.

Making it harder to create fleets will encourage players to join existing fleets which in turn will increase fleet productivity.
Captain
# 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwaddell View Post
One word: Bye!
I wonder if we can have their stuff if we ask.
# 68
02-14-2013, 06:55 PM
you do know, eventually Perfect World is going to lose players over all these "corrective" adjustments you're making. In my fleet alone, I have already seen a decline in log ons, and a flock to other games such as Battlestar Galactica. I do not want to stop playing this game because of a lack of people playing it, but I also don't want it to take an hour to que up for an STF (PVE match). One day the executives at Perfect World are going to go at the amount of players who stop playing, unfortunately that'll be too late. You've already messed this game up enough, why do you continually take out missions, and mission rewards that make people not want to play it?
Counters (timer) that you can respawn was the first mess up, then you nerfed dilithium, and NOW you're nerfing Fleet Marks? I shun to think you want people playing this game. I really do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 69
02-14-2013, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
I do have to hand it to Dan he made an excellent acting job when he appeared in this video to respond to small fleets dying:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swvf3w6hcY4
pretty point at the feeling; good call
Career Officer
# 70
02-14-2013, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Here's another fact check. I made a starbase to tier 1 and halfway to tier 2 solo. It isn't hard but it is boring. And that was with the foundry rewards in place. Without them, it's not worth the effort, and many of us have run out of anything else to do in this game.

With all due respect Dan, I think you are all deeply out of touch with your playerbase. You quote metrics and numbers, but those don't gauge player happiness or satisfaction.

I have a challenge for you Dan. For the next week, using the fleet events, try to get 900 fleet marks. I did it last week. Just go for it. Walk in our shoes for the ten days and see what it's like. See what it makes you think of this game. See how much fun it really is. Then come back and lets have a conversation about fleet marks and internal metrics, ok?

I love Star Trek, Dan. I love Space Combat. I love this game you've created. For the last year this has been the only video game I've played, and I've financially supported. It's the only game I want to play. And yet as we speak I'm in the process of downloading The Old Republic and LOTR online. Because I'm tired of the grind, and increasing it for less rewards is not viable for me or my fleetmates. I'm logging into turn in my dilithium now, and that's it, and that's out of the optimistic hope that you're going to fix this problem soon.

The problems with all those numbers and metrics is they don't predict the future,Dan. If you looked at those metrics last week, when I was merrily grinding day and night, they wouldn't have told you that I'd be downloading your competitors product today and not playing yours, would they?

As a businessman, I would advise you in the strongest possible terms to listen to your customers first and foremost, and your numbers second. Things can change too quickly for your charts and graphs to reflect.

Thanks for your time.

I couldn't have said it better myself!
Closed Thread