# 91
02-14-2013, 02:36 PM
smallsam stopped using this already. the day.. that trico died

salut my friend!

ggs
Career Officer
# 92
02-14-2013, 02:40 PM
A memorial service in honor of smallsam!

And uhm just for memories:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=207063

lol Azurian.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Ensign
# 93 Kaboom!
02-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
I'd say the Tricobalt TORPEDO is a bulls*hit nerf. They already got quite nerfed when they introduced the High Yield ability to them so that got mandatory in order to make em useful.

Now half'ed their damage even more? When does a Trico land anyway? It needs superb timing and tactic to actually make them work properly.

Even with a guy like mini its almost impossible to properly hit someone on bare hull simply because of the superb timing you need to find that gap right between the rotating Omega's and Tacteams, (I even experienced it myself iwth my own tricobomb build)

On top of that, trico's are already as fragile as hell, only 1 guy using FaW somewhere close and it gets shot down. They do splash damage to yourself now as well since a long time. Lets nerf everything to uselessness :p

lol.

Just lol.
I agree. During PvE matches, players in ships armed with dual cannons would take down enemy ships' shields and I would finish them off with a high yield trico. There's something very satisfying about watching them slam into enemy ships and producing a 1 km wide shockwave...
Career Officer
# 94
02-14-2013, 07:11 PM
First people complained about Tric Torps doing high damage without the needed buff from HYT, so Cryptic cut it's base damage by half and tied them to HYT and TS.

Tric Torp crits are rare, maybe 1 in 10. Even then, that's only under the condition the target's shields are down and can't be bothered to target the torp and shoot it down or load an AoE.

They had a unique niche that offered some diversity to the standard Torpedo. When played right, Tricobalt Torps could be used as an effective finisher.

With this patch, they'll be little more than glorified quantums but I suspect now, with the reduced CD combined with stacked Projectile Weapons Duty Officers, players will be able to spam disables indefinitely.

You nerfed something that was never an issue and compensated it with a far worse, abusable feature.

What little reason left to continue using Trics falls soley on the Klinks because every Klink team has at least one player crapping two Aceton Assimilators every 15 seconds making Tric Torps a waste of a weapons slot and BoFF ability for Feds.

Last edited by doomicile; 02-14-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Career Officer
# 95
02-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Obviously, it's both a nerf and a buff. Play around with it before passing judgement.
Captain
# 96
02-14-2013, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Obviously, it's both a nerf and a buff. Play around with it before passing judgement.
It looks, on paper, to have moved from a tool mostly for dealing spike damage to being a useful piece of CC. Two will give you a PSW-style stun every 15 seconds; one which homes on (potentially multiple) people and can (with High-Yield) create zones that shut down other players that wander through. Doesn't seem like an insignificant change to me or even, honestly, a nerf so much as a change of role for it.
Career Officer
# 97
02-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Not sure what the problem is, a single clever tric miner could ruin a game, kill more better players just because they were too busy working as a team to see the mines. They were cheese on toast as far as i was concerned. Now they've been toned down.

What will happen from this? We don't know yet. Is it worth crying in a thread what we think *might* happen if A, B & C take place, if the Lion King is born on D day, while a man with E amount of bottlecaps in his pocket trips over F while trying to tric bomb G just when H, I & J planets were aligned.

Life's too short. If somebody thinks the new tric mines are going to be a problem, go test, or better yet go PVP and see what's happening.

Hakuna Ma-****ing-Tata people.
Ensign
# 98
02-14-2013, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomicile View Post
First people complained about Tric Torps doing high damage without the needed buff from HYT, so Cryptic cut it's base damage by half and tied them to HYT and TS.

Tric Torp crits are rare, maybe 1 in 10. Even then, that's only under the condition the target's shields are down and can't be bothered to target the torp and shoot it down or load an AoE.

They had a unique niche that offered some diversity to the standard Torpedo. When played right, Tricobalt Torps could be used as an effective finisher.

With this patch, they'll be little more than glorified quantums but I suspect now, with the reduced CD combined with stacked Projectile Weapons Duty Officers, players will be able to spam disables indefinitely.

You nerfed something that was never an issue and compensated it with a far worse, abusable feature.

What little reason left to continue using Trics falls soley on the Klinks because every Klink team has at least one player crapping two Aceton Assimilators every 15 seconds making Tric Torps a waste of a weapons slot and BoFF ability for Feds.

Yea, PVE-ers come here to whine bout OP ets and they nerf it. So now everyone who post in pvp section is pvper?? Oh god. I wish to see pvper whine on pve section.
Lt. Commander
# 99
02-14-2013, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
pretty sure you guys called branflakes after that game and cried cus i killed beiber even tho uall payed thousands for u fegbox ships.

i tried so much to hammer it into peoples heads the true value of the megacrit, thats why i wotn bother to explain a second time why a 50k trico is way way way less than a 100ktrico.

no matter, simul bo3/2 is more reliable

trico has long been inadequate for solo insta pops without the lucky beam ovelroad lead in and simulateneous point blank releae. this, as u all know, also coincides with the launchers near guaranteed death on crit.\

Anyone with a real understanding of this games mechanics and no true bias can see this nerf is unecessary at least, overkill at most.

But hey, something had to get me to stop using them eventually. And that something happens when unbuffed trico does less damage than a single hyt1 q torp. oh and di i mention hy plasma do more than trico now? lol
Captain
# 100
02-15-2013, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoejoe View Post
pretty sure you guys called branflakes after that game and cried cus i killed beiber even tho uall payed thousands for u fegbox ships.

i tried so much to hammer it into peoples heads the true value of the megacrit, thats why i wotn bother to explain a second time why a 50k trico is way way way less than a 100ktrico.

no matter, simul bo3/2 is more reliable

trico has long been inadequate for solo insta pops without the lucky beam ovelroad lead in and simulateneous point blank releae. this, as u all know, also coincides with the launchers near guaranteed death on crit.\

Anyone with a real understanding of this games mechanics and no true bias can see this nerf is unecessary at least, overkill at most.

But hey, something had to get me to stop using them eventually. And that something happens when unbuffed trico does less damage than a single hyt1 q torp. oh and di i mention hy plasma do more than trico now? lol
Yeah it's also odd how this seems to have come after I posted out awesome dueling vid... :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?