Commander
# 141
02-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsnake721 View Post
The only power i have to reverse this slap in the face is to withhold my financial support of this game until such time as it is fixed
Don't forget the Ritual of Hegh'bat! My 7 characters no long suffer in this instanced world of shame.
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8

Last edited by user839020189287; 02-14-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Captain
# 142
02-14-2013, 08:34 PM
Actually what I get from all this is simple.

Cryptic has decided how long in real days they want the grinds to take. If we grind too fast/hard they will nerf rewards and/or move the goal post. Same response if we grind too slow.

So what is the point? If we all just stop grinding they will lower the requirements/boost the rewards. So if you are unhappy stop doing anything that gets you the currency you think is unfairly granted.
http://www.helpscout.net/75-customer...es-statistics/
Career Officer
# 143
02-14-2013, 08:34 PM
What happen to your facebook post about this news post? I saw it on facebook and knew to come over and read it but now it is mysteriously missing? Could it be you all took it down to hide it from the masses and not get the negative comments on the facebook site?
Career Officer
# 144
02-14-2013, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
I only yell when things actually effect me I'm in 3 fleets all doing well despite the foundry, unlike some fleets we actually do things together and enjoy each others company we are not in a rush to get to tier 5 even though the KDF fleet I am is getting real close. so meh more Dil less work more free Zen I'm happy.
So again, you are happy with mediocrity?

And who has mentioned rushing to get to T5? People have mentioned being ok with the average 7 months to get to T5. Nothing wrong with playing with friends, but the same missions get old and sometimes you want to do something else every now and then.

Nothing wrong if you like the grind, repetitive content, and lack of Foundry incentive, but why should I be forced into that? You get a choice, I don't.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Career Officer
# 145
02-14-2013, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefl View Post
What happen to your facebook post about this news post? I saw it on facebook and knew to come over and read it but now it is mysteriously missing? Could it be you all took it down to hide it from the masses and not get the negative comments on the facebook site?
Simple solution. Post your concerns about this change on any post on their facebook page.

The world deserves to know.
Starfleet Veteran
# 146
02-14-2013, 08:37 PM
To say the "average" fleet size is 25 players is a false representation of what size fleet the majority of fleets are. We know that there are fleets out there of hundreds of players. These fleets skew the "average" fleet size towards the higher end. To know these fleets exist but still have an average fleet size of 25 tells me there are many many fleets out there of less than 25. A better way to guess fleet size is to look at what the mean fleet size is. Take all the fleets, rank them by members, and which fleet size is in the middle. I'd be willing to guess that's probably about 15 members. So if we have 1000 fleets in STO 500 fleets have 15 players or less. So knowing that the MAJORITY of fleets in the game are so small, it seems silly to cater the system to those few fleets who boast big member rosters when many many more fleets have so few in comparison.

Also, what do these metrics look like for the KDF? You know that other faction thats treated like the red-headed step child of the game. I wait in queues for 30 minutes without getitng a hit, and then when they finally do go I'm rewarded with less than 20 FM. I can play the game for 2 hours and not even make 50 FM on the KDF side. Its ridiculous! Also, this isn't even getting to the fact that we've only had these same fleet missions for going on 9 months now grinding over and over again!
STOP THE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
Starfleet Veteran
# 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefl View Post
Ummm, yeah. Pretty sure that's why its gone.

Just a guess.

But I hear if you check back in May, all of this maybe will be fixed.

That will, I am sure, be mentioned prominently on facebook. If it happens.

Odds of it happening? Shake a magic 8 ball - its answer is probably just as valid as anything you get from Cryptic.
Captain
# 148
a question to dan : are you trying to kill all the smaller fleets off ? , i ask this because it looks that way to me and proberly many other small fleets . most of my fleet left to join bigger fleets due to how expensive it was dilithium wise etc , you keep saying you are looking at ways to help the smaller fleets but have failed to show that you are trying to help . to me STO is less fun to play now than it was last march when i first started playing , are you trying to drive some fans of trek away ?

Last edited by usscapital; 02-14-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Ensign
# 149
02-14-2013, 08:39 PM
I'll be honest, I was gone for a while and only just returned. I'm in a fleet I founded just over 3 years ago. We're a small fleet, under 25 active members. Many of the members are lifetime subscribers and have been in STO since launch. Here are my thoughts:

When I first came back and saw the new Fleet Holdings, my first thought was they were way too expensive for a small fleet like ours. We'll take for ever to max out. Going off topic, I also found the game to have gotten very grindy. As well, $20 for a Fleet ship! WTF? I've purchased over 40 keys which have yielded very little and nothing I was at all excited about. That's $40 for almost nothing!

I'll be permanently done with STO the moment a new MMORPG I like comes out.

$20 for a ship!?!?!?
Career Officer
# 150
02-14-2013, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
Read Dan's posts. All I took from it is I don't really need to log in again until May. And then, maybe, it'll be worth trying to advance my fleet projects again. Maybe.

In other related news, If I don't log in again until May, maybe my freakin backlog of unprocessed dilithium will all finally be usable.

I mean, how can any of us max level characters be nowhere close to refining cap - when all we can do is earn the huge amounts of dilithium now? I know my BOUND TO CHARACTER VIP mining claims aren't causing me any refining backlogs. Nope. No Sir.
Thats pretty much what I got out of it too and I hit my refining cap daily on 8 toons... I guess I'll go back to SWTOR until may like I did when season 7 came out and hope they see the light by then.
Closed Thread