Lt. Commander
Hello folks.

I was just looking at Branflakes twitter account and found a conversation there concerning ratings and comments left on foundry missions.

https://twitter.com/PWE_BranFlakes/s...72492318384131

Is it true that leaving a low score on a foundry mission is reason for somebody to be reported? Or are the concerned authors merely speaking of reporting the less than flattering comments that may be associated?

If it's bad that we leave a one star, what number of stars are acceptable?

I want to know so that I don't get in trouble. Do I need to go turn any poor reviews into 3 star ones?

What sorts of thoughts are permissible when reviewing a mission.

is no different than the many unmoderated posts I've seen lately from some resident, sarcastic folks on this forum. The second post is somebody voting their displeasure at the system, not an attack on an individual.

Please let us know if there is an official minimum rating we're allowed to give and not surprise us later with warnings, thank you.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 02-15-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
02-15-2013, 01:46 AM
I'd say the first one is pure malice. If you said that on the forum you'd get in trouble for sure.

Second one is a bit more iffy as it's a "protest" vote.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2013, 01:47 AM
So you think they're mad about the text, not the star rating?
Career Officer
# 4
02-15-2013, 01:50 AM
I'd be mad about both. Someone gave them an unfair rating without playing their mission which is supposed to reflect on the quality of that mission. Wouldn't you be mad?

EDIT: I dunno whose mission the review is for but I know I wouldn't like people saying I sit in front of my computer in my underwear eating hot pockets and not having a job. For your information I am very much employed!

Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion

Last edited by zorbane; 02-15-2013 at 01:52 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2013, 01:52 AM
I'm trying to determine what is a reportable offense.

Seems like there is risk in the system, built in. If you subject your work to the scrutiny of the masses you will get every sort of critique, including unfair ones.
Career Officer
# 6
02-15-2013, 01:55 AM
As it is my tweets you are accesing here is what I am reporting.

Every single spotlight mission on the Federation side has received the same "protest" vote rating and comment as on the bottom. This is not an actual rating, It is what can be deemed harassment.

The top one, is nothing but pure malice, and harrassment.
And actually just wrong.

It refers to my missions (plural).
I have exactly one mission published.

It refers to my 3 hour works.
The mission is designed to fit into the Foundry Challenge Rules , so comes in at about 30 minutes.

I have no problem, with one stars. None at all. You people have been one star attacking me for weeks now. Harassment, however, I am not willing to accept.
Career Officer
# 7
02-15-2013, 01:55 AM
IMO if you're giving the person a bad rating and being reasonable "this mission is boring all you do is water flowers for 30 minutes" you don't have anything to worry about.

Personally I've had plenty of 1 star ratings but if the person leaves a review saying why they think it is a poor mission well...that's just too bad for me. Obviously there's something that someone didn't like and maybe I should fix it.

In your example (the first review)...making personal attacks is always against the rules.

Captain
# 8
02-15-2013, 01:59 AM
I got one like that on my spotlight today, but, I'm in the position where it didn't hurt me. But, the top one there though is particularly malicey and probably in violation of harassment beyond just the 1 star thing.

I'm going to need to stand by you in asking for some clarification on this, even if he has to tell us via PMs rather than posting it here.
Captain
# 9
02-15-2013, 02:00 AM
My problem is how divorced from the reality of the situation is. They're not being forced to do anything.

But you will always have someone who hates everything you do. It's one of those things you need to accept when you put it out there. But these are just dumb protest votes. And last I looked at the ratings, the five and four stars far out numbered the one stars.

Report the ones with the jackass comments and ignore the rest, I say.
# 10
02-15-2013, 02:00 AM
This person is i'm sure misrepresenting you, but that doesn't seem like harassment to me.
It seems like somebody blowing off hot air.

People can't comment more times than you have missions, there's a definite limit.

I don't see a threat there either.

I've been called all sorts of things lately that haven't all been moderated, so what is the difference here?

But you say one-starring doesn't damage you, that's what I was trying to determine. If that alone is deemed reportable I'd like to know.